Hi, and welcome to ComicBoards.com Comic Message Boards. Sometimes volatile, sometimes controversial and always interesting, our boards require a few rules and guidelines to keep things running smoothly and happily for all concerned. Above all, enjoy, discuss and even disagree, but, keep in mind your manners.
1. Impersonating others. Choose whatever name you wish for the boards, but under NO circumstances will you intentionally impersonate another poster. Please use one name at a time and if you switch, make it known you're doing so. We want people to know with whom they speak, and we want to form a community.
2. No profanity. Keep profanity to an absolute minimum. These are all-ages message boards and we want to maintain at the VERY WORST a PG-13 level of discourse. Also, under no circumstances should profanity (or even "cleverly" disguised profanity) be used in the subject line of a message.
3. No spam. Spam is defined as any message which does not relate to the topic of the message board, is solely posted to advertise a personal site*, a money making scheme, a chain letter, or something of that nature. *This also includes linking to a private blog with a post solely about it. The only way you can advertise your own blog or site is by attaching a link to in in a regular post on the board.
3(i) No Fanfiction. Posting fan fiction is against the flash board policy, the only way you can post it is by attaching a link to it through a regular post.
4. No Pornography. Alvaro's ComicBoards.com is a family-friendly group of message boards. Porn would be any nude or vulgar images or vulgar descriptions of private/intimate actions. Such messages should NEVER be posted and will likely get your ISP banned.
5. No Flames/Insults. Blatantly insulting behavior is prohibited. This includes insults to both posters and lurkers, including comic creators who are more likely to lurk than post. By all means feel free to critique the work--but not the person. Tempers may run high, but, keep all discussions civil, please. "Flame War" participants, regardless of "who started it", will be dealt with severely.
6. The Infamous Rule #6. There is no rule #6.
7. Off-Topic Threads. Off topic discussions will be tolerated to a small degree, but when instructed by one of the moderators to end a thread, you MUST cease and desist. Taking it to e-mail or the Community Board is the best solution.
8. Repeat Offenders. The moderators reserve the privilege of banning offenders from the boards, temporarily or permanently, without warning. You may be warned or you may not, at the moderators' discretion.
9. Bannings. Bannings and lesser disciplinary actions should not be discussed on the boards. Those are matters best left to email between the poster and the moderators(you can find a link here). If one has a question about their banning they should e-mail the moderators for explanations (a form for contacting moderators is located where new messages begin on each board). If you believe the moderator is not treating you fairly, the managers of ComicBoards.com can be contacted for their input.
10. Got Questions? Likewise, questions and comments about moderators' actions, deleted posts, bannings, board disciplines or anything else related to board policy or board rules are typically best left to email as well. The boards are not the appropriate venues for these types of discussions.
11. Don't Overwrite the Script. The boards' scripts are designed that way for a reason. Alvaro Ortiz has poured a ton of time and energy into making the boards look the way he wants them to. For you to decide that you don't like it and then to overwrite the script with your own script is the ultimate sign of disrespect. This includes, but is not limited to, extending the subject heading limit, changing the background in your posts, or changing the apperance of your posts. Trust us, if we wanted the board to look like a newsgroup or like a UBB board, we'd design it that way. We don't.
12. Additional Guidelines. No VS threads take them to the battleboards here!
13. Broken Glass. Don't eat broken glass! Sheesh! What are ya, nuts??!! (i) Don't Eat yellow snow! it tastes funny!?!?
Thank you for your cooperation. Remember, think before you act. It's always funny until someone loses an eye.
If you have any questions, feel free to email ComicBoards.com management