|Green Lantern >> View Post|
Subj: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #17 *SPOILERS*
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 at 12:43:40 pm EDT (Viewed 233 times)
If you don't want to be spoiled, please don't read my post and go read the issue first. Thanks.
1. Wow, Hal was actually a little humble in this issue. He's still the greatest Green Lantern regardless of what he says.
2. Anyone else think it was beyond ridiculous that Guy was able to beat Arkillo in a fist fight? *Shakes head* Man, that was some of the worst writing I have ever seen. What's next? Beating Superman in a fist fight? Darkseid?
3. It was a nice change of pace issue from the adventures we just read.
4. YES! I WAS RIGHT! Months and months ago I predicted that the Alley Rat would stop being a White Lantern and become a Green Lantern once again. And here it is in this issue where he loses the power of the White Lantern and becomes solely Green. LOVE IT!
5. But...the Alley Rat back in his original costume, sans original symbol? I question the logic of this decision. Not a smart move as it looks dated and out of place.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2017 Powermad Software|