Amazing Spider-Man Message Board >> View Thread

Author
AMW


Member Since: Tue Dec 12, 2017
Posts: 1


Hi all!
I'm going to preface this with the fact that I know this could very well be an impossible-to-answer question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I figure if it is answerable that I've come to the right place.

My boyfriend mentioned to me, with some significance, remembering a scene (probably from 90s Spider-Man comics) where Spider-man is looking out over the NYC skyline. What are the odds that I would be able to figure out which comic book this was in? I initially figured this scene would be common, but haven't happened upon it yet while looking through a site that has the 90s comics available online.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


Posted with Apple Safari 11.0 on MacOS X
Reverend Meteor


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 9,769




    Quote:
    Hi all!
    I'm going to preface this with the fact that I know this could very well be an impossible-to-answer question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I figure if it is answerable that I've come to the right place.



    Quote:
    My boyfriend mentioned to me, with some significance, remembering a scene (probably from 90s Spider-Man comics) where Spider-man is looking out over the NYC skyline. What are the odds that I would be able to figure out which comic book this was in? I initially figured this scene would be common, but haven't happened upon it yet while looking through a site that has the 90s comics available online.


Yeah chalk that up to impossible. We need another clue. He's Spider-Man. He lives in NYC. He looks out at the skyline all the time while on skyscrapers.



    Quote:
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!






Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
Unstable Molecule


Location: Calgary, AB Canada
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 2,757


Shot in the dark, but there was that issue where Spider-man and Loki ate a hotdog and admired the view. That was later than the 90s, though.




And a lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, with great power there must also come -- great responsibility!
Posted with Google Chrome 63.0.3239.84 on Windows 10
Rodimus


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 3,328



    Quote:
    Shot in the dark, but there was that issue where Spider-man and Loki ate a hotdog and admired the view. That was later than the 90s, though.


This is it:
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_504

Looked up Loki appearances on marvel wiki, and I recall the story being in a Spidey book, and was drawn by JRJR, and was after the 90's, and found ASM #'s 503 and 504 to be matches, but the scene mentioned was in ASM #504. Here're the scans:
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-1963/Issue-504?id=4685#2

More images of the type AMW was looking for:
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Friendly_Neighborhood_Spider-Man_Vol_1_4
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0f/41/01/0f4101b6d496cd34cc83285d8ce50411--spiderman-comic-art.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/43/69/aa4369bf7039a0a5ce691908764ea3b9.jpg
https://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Miles-Morales-06252015.jpg




- Rodimus




Help Make an "Ash Vs. Evil Dead: Season 4" IDW Comic Series
https://www.change.org/p/ted-adams-idw-s-ceo-publisher-sam-raimi-bruce-campbell-and-robert-tapert-help-make-an-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-4-idw-comic-series

Starz cancelled the show, and Bruce Campbell has retired as Ash, so help us with our petition for a Season 4 comic!

Also, I've made a .doc file for a posted flyer for the page. Please also print and post these pages at your LCS.

http://www.virtualtransformerstv.thetfcog.com/images/AVSEDflyer.doc


New 2099 UGR Fanfiction Group Forum!

THE place to talk about the fanfics and 2099 in general!:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the2099ugrfanficgroup/

2099 UGR Fanfiction site:
http://2099ugr.weebly.com/


G1 Transformers Cartoon: Virtual Season 4 Extension:
http://www.virtualtransformerstv.thetfcog.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PVTransformers (Staff List)

Virtual Transformers Forum:
http://www.tfcog.net/forums/index.php?board=19.0

(Sunbow/Marvel) G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero: Virtual Season 3:
https://virtualgijoe.groups.io/g/main

MUGEN 2099 Project Staff list:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marvel_2099_MUGEN_Project
Posted with Google Chrome 63.0.3239.84 on Windows 7
Quantum


Member Since: Sun Dec 21, 2008
Posts: 1,742


You might, out of literally hundreds of issues of 90's Spider Man comics, be able to find at the most one or two issues that did NOT feature such an image.


Posted with Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94 on Windows 10
Reverend Meteor


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 9,769




    Quote:
    You might, out of literally hundreds of issues of 90's Spider Man comics, be able to find at the most one or two issues that did NOT feature such an image.


He might as well have asked what issue does Spider-Man use his spider sense \:\)



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software