The Thor Message Board >> View Thread

Author
Vidar


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 1,215


Came across these two images, quite separately on the web. Both Mephisto and Hela are coveting a sword - probably the same one, though they're styled differently. Does anyone know the connection? From the artwork I'd say Hela is by Alan Davies so possibly Bendis' post Siege story and Mephisto looks like Killen's run - can't remember artists's name.
Vidar


Posted with Apple Safari 11.0 on MacOS X
jazzbass6


Member Since: Tue Sep 30, 2014
Posts: 380


Hela is holding the Twilight sword and the image is from Avengers Prime right after Siege.


Posted with Google Chrome 61.0.3163.100 on Windows 10
adey


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 3,414



    Quote:
    Came across these two images, quite separately on the web. Both Mephisto and Hela are coveting a sword - probably the same one, though they're styled differently. Does anyone know the connection? From the artwork I'd say Hela is by Alan Davies so possibly Bendis' post Siege story and Mephisto looks like Killen's run - can't remember artists's name.
    Vidar


The artist for the Mephisto pic is my old friend Doug(ie) Braithwaite



Posted with Apple iPad 604.1.38
Tiamat


Location: Orlando
Member Since: Thu May 21, 2009
Posts: 909



Posted with Apple Safari 6.1.6 on MacOS X
Vidar


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 1,215



    Quote:

      Quote:
      Came across these two images, quite separately on the web. Both Mephisto and Hela are coveting a sword - probably the same one, though they're styled differently. Does anyone know the connection? From the artwork I'd say Hela is by Alan Davies so possibly Bendis' post Siege story and Mephisto looks like Killen's run - can't remember artists's name.
      Vidar



    Quote:
    The artist for the Mephisto pic is my old friend Doug(ie) Braithwaite


Hey Adey, can you split a no-prize? I liked his work - it suited Gillen's tone very much. How do you know him? Through your art?
Vidar


Posted with Apple Safari 11.0 on MacOS X
Vidar


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 1,215



    Quote:
    Hela is holding the Twilight sword and the image is from Avengers Prime right after Siege.


It is of course the twilight sword. I've been diggin around this period recently. I haven't revisited Gillen's run in a while so need to check the sword that mephisto has his grubby paws on, as I don't recall it being twilight. Mephisto's event comes shortly after the Prime story so I'm presuming there's a connection.
Vidar


Posted with Apple Safari 11.0 on MacOS X
Vidar


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 1,215



Posted with Apple Safari 11.0 on MacOS X
jazzbass6


Member Since: Tue Sep 30, 2014
Posts: 380


I'm revisiting Simonson, from BRB's intro and Stormbreaker's creation, which is making me even more disgusted with Ass-ron's and Alon-hole's desecration of ALL things Thor. I'm so disgusted and mad that I think I could make WB Hulk look like a minor tantrum.


Posted with Google Chrome 61.0.3163.100 on Windows 10

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2017 Powermad Software