|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Totally Awesome Hulk #22: The laughable Origin of Weapon X...
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 at 02:44:49 pm EDT (Viewed 208 times)
Totally Awesome Hulk 022 (2017)
On the upcoming very first page of Weapon X #7 - OML, TBird, Dom and Yukio better be ROFLAO at Sabretooth's suggestion of forming a team, by that name, 'cuz most of their 'origin' scenario, with this conclusion, is a joke for maybe half a dozen reasons.
Where to begin? Granted the art and pacing were okay; plus, it is responsible of them to saaay they're dedicated to tracking down The Hulkverine and, no doubt, intending to bring the pain. It will be interesting to see if Cho, who broke up with them, is still dedicated to use his resources to deal with the monster more humanely.
1. Let's officially form out new team from our existing series in another book title. Please say it wasn't also intentional homage to Hulk #181. (Also... unsettling is that, generally speaking, they're all similarly 1-dimensional Wolverinewannabes and -surprisingly- more unlikely and unwanted a group combo than the new Astonishing team!)
2. Let's consider this mentality... say that a group of vigilante heroes end up defeating Cap's HYDRA forces and decide to form a team. Just like Secret Warriors minus the secret part. These vigilantes think: "Hey, let's call ourself Team Hydra! After are defeated enemy!" *koff*
3. Marvel had to keep a lock on all the Wolverine ¢opyright$ and think it's clever to go by his original "Weapon X" brand. *hmmph* There already filing for the Hulkverine trademark. "Hulkverine" - at least it's better a name than "KLUH". *eyesroll*
4. They couldn't have Neena comparitively useless during the evacuation - since she isn't spraying bullets or spreading the luck - so LUCKILY she pulls dead Cyclops' unused jetpack out of thin air to help with the evacuation.
5. Speaking of useless and luck, Alba clearly out-evilled Stryker ten-fold! She is soooooo lucky that she wasn't stabbed AND SIMULTANEOUSLY shot by Neena and Jimmy the most 'useless' on this team at killing the unarmed. She was standing RIGHT there releasing the WMD but the pair were... showing restraint? then distraction? And Alba (and Stryker) don't have much to brag about. They design these WMD but don't have reasonable defense protocols or ammo to subdue rebelling Hulkverine.
6. Finally, the most unsatisfying/boring part was that all the mutants offered zero help to Chulk vs both Hulkverines. Not that Chulk needed it. It was unevenly ridiculous that he took 6 adamantium claws snikted through his chest and only momentarily only fell to one knee. Then the writers reused the Savage Hulk in the Trunk theme but when Cho summoned him for his mighty mindless majesty... he ends up calmly TALKING down Gray Hulkverine. All he uses his amped up strength is to shout at Creed REALLY LOUD.
Even the Totally Awesome logo unaesthetically covering the Hulkverine's head [https://comicstore.marvel.com/The-Totally-Awesome-Hulk-2015-22/digital-comic/45482] on the cover is a kind of a joke.
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2017 Powermad Software|