|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Old Man Logan #33: Facts... (Edit)
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 at 02:57:12 pm EST (Viewed 96 times)
Today's read and in lieu of a review yet...
Old Man Logan 033
• Another recommended read IF ONLY IT WAS NOT AN alt-OLD MAN version of Logan (mucking with the timeline) then this story would have been so much more sweet.
• The cover was just servicable but Mr_Deodato delivers another dynamic winner with the book look inside (with help from Martin and Petit)!
• Wonderful opening flashback with the REAL Logan and Mariko. Is this verbatim to a back issue. IIRC, Claremont had him subtely reveal his real name to her early on that ended up being overlooked by many fans until he did it 2nd time. Are white chrysanthemums particularly rare or significant in Japan?
• FACT: Scarlet Samurai has a sword that can cleave thru adamantium. nb: For future OML appearances. Can it be mass produced? Can the Murumasa Blade do THAT? Either way the Marvel Bullpen HAVE to take note of this precident.
• FACT: It more than likely is the REAL Mariko brought back to life. This, given the precidence of other MU characters that have returned to life via resurrection by The Hand. But, IMO, it will be just another example of Marvel never providing proper/purposeful exposition of being undead - even if only The Hand generated version of it. Sometimes it's the real soul, sometimes a twisted COPY of the real soul, sometimes another soul masquerading, sometimes a disposable whocaresabout it soul, sometimes a disposable indistinguishable energy force animating dust, etc. The only thing in common with the versions is that it seems no big deal to a hero that 'kills' them.
• FACT: REGENIX (and the nanites to prevent death by stabbing) is given categorical limitations. This will answer the question 'Why is every superhuman not using it?' nb: Among them - too expensive, limited supply of component ingredients, lethal side-effects, dependency on warm temps. It would probably need government approval once it is marketted.
• The dialogue from all the players was good. the TWO fights were good, the 2 saves of 2 separate innocent women was good, the visual of OML's hand regrowing (with only bone claws now) was good, the new Silver Samurai as a character in this appearance -for a change- was good.
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
[EDIT:] This kind of bugged me - did he never "open up" to Silver Fox?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2017 Powermad Software|