|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: All-New Wolverine #29: Dead means dead. Doesn't it?
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 at 09:13:15 am EST (Viewed 111 times)
All-New Wolverine 029 (2018)
Great issue. My only BIG gripe is the contrived 'finality' with death by Murumasa Blade. It's more like 'mystic limbo stasis field' by Murumasa metal.
Dead means dead. Or at least it should be - here - as a storypoint and dramatic tease. At least, that's how lethal the Black Blade seems to have been presented since the metal was introduced 30 years ago http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/blackblademuramasa.htm. Didn't Creed actually go to hell when he was decapitated? (How'd he come back again?) Anyways, on the one hand when a long lived (if not immortal) superhuman loses cerebral function it has been death in past stories but on the other, many a time a 'wolverine regenerator has suffered worse than mortal injury and 'got better'. (Remind me why Daken's arm didn't grow back before?) Anyways it is OBVIOUS that Logan, Creed, and Yuriko will come back to life here - maybe as a No-Prize suggestion, for whatever reason, the OoX only used a minimal amount of this 'kryptonite' that, fortunately for the trio, results in death EVENTUALLY as the body slowly fails at mutant regenerative life support?
• Poor symbolic cover image choice.
• Do we know Sutter or Amber from before this arc?
• Interesting "soul-idified" armor making process.
• Nice aunt moment.
• nb. Magic can make Gabby feel pain.
• Daken and Gabby evoke extremes but Laura is just AVERAGE. Ha! Nailed it. At least that's how she's seemed for a lot of this run.
• Neat *SNFF* f/x.
• Wow - The Hand is going corporate to allow for those mask redesigns. It would've been a nitpick but it was explained that they followed the vanity of that soon-to-be-named old OoX guy that bossed them.
• Good fight action. ANW was entertaining and heroic here. And that splash page intro of her new armor looks AWESOME. So, uhm, is it a magical armor that produces that armor on a whim? That might be not as good. Just another X-men able to costume up on a nitpickable whim.
• Daken is still a crappy guy but his plan, body surfing dive and last words were brilliant.
• Enter: Gorgon! So cool. So interesting with this team up atonement. Hope we learn more of his history with Murumasa ASAP.
• Exciting end scene. AWN gets a great one-liner.
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2017 Powermad Software|