Captain America - Steve Rogers 012 (2017)
· Sooooo... Kobik-flashback Elisa is not Sin as others have speculated!
· But Present Elisa is the classic HYDRA supervillainess player that just entered the ring.
· Selvig and Hill both keeping a diary, with damning content, seems self-defeatist(read:dumb) for both.
· Selvig and Zemo have to play nice now. D'ya think they will?
· The cover promises more excitement than Taskmaster delivers.
· Tasky and Anty didn't even tell what dirt they had on Cap to convince Hill (orreaders) to make a deal; not to mention the fact that Hill can't be that far gone that fast.
· Poor Andy lost his job at the Law Firm as if the Bullpen is ignoring his pre-SW history.
· AAAAARGH! Cap jumping out of the Helicarrier is such MADDENING TROPE that he will [sarcasm]obviously not
[/sarcasm] land like a pancake.
· UGH! Many more pages of retconned Kobik-flashback rewritten history to waste my time.
· Nothing obvious on the imminent blast event that is Secret Empire; hmm... do you think this ish happens before Deadpool #27 or after?
Support Cancer Research. Support Alzheimer Research.
Spencer stated that he would asnwer the question of why, if Cap was Hydra all along, he continued to fight for the Allies - and he did that to my satisfaction.
I was less satisfied with the suggestion that anyone Cap interacted with in his new altered history was also somehow effected by Kobiks cosmic whammy. The implications of this make my head hurt.
Overall, I have never thought this to be a bad story in principle - its just a bad Captain America story because he either comes to his senses on his own and cant live with all the terrible things he's done, or Spencer just cosmic cubes it all away again, in which case yaaaawwwwnnnn!