Subj: Re: JLA Movie Superman Taking on Thor Movie version!Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 at 10:42:51 pm EST (Viewed 56 times)
Reply Subj: Re: JLA Movie Superman Taking on Thor Movie version!
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 at 04:23:36 pm EST (Viewed 72 times)
The spire in which you refer was made of Vibranium so anyone hitting it would leave it intact. The mere fact that Thor's lightening and strength coupled with Iron Man's repulsor blast cause a shock wave (like hitting Cap's shield) destroyed a city meant to cause a extinction level event. That's hundreds of thousands of tons blown apart to the point where it was harmless to the overall planet and Thor survived that is an amazing feat but clearly you can't see that due to your extreme bias.
Quote:It was just creating a chain reaction. Even the spire Thor hit was intact. Thor certainly didn't destroy any island or take a blast of that size.
Huh? Vibranium was supposed to be destroyed in the chain reaction. Friday straight up informs Tony that the chain reaction would kill everyone including Thor if he doesn't shields it.
The city was gonna crack not the vibranium. The heat shield was the cap that Stark needed to help cause the reaction to go back on itself causing the explosion. Stark, up until that point didn't know how to cap the end of the vibranium. Stark also said that if this works maybe no one walks away and Thor says maybe not. Stark was trying to get everyone clear but he knew a tough choice would have to be made. He was willing to sacrifice the team and the city to save the planet. Cap wanted another solution to save everyone but was left with the choice of blowing the city and killing all the civilians or save world. It wasn't until Fury showed up to evacuate the city that they had another choice. Once the city was evacuated the city could then be blown up. The heat shield was never meant to shield anyone includiding Thor and it never did.
Quote:As usual, you're totally misinterpreting the scene and not making any sense. The shield Iron Man puts up doesn't go around Thor or anyone else. The shield goes around the bottom of Sokovia so that when Thor hits the vibranium, the shock waves will reverberate down to the shield and then back up in order to completely destroy the city. Thor's power causing the vibrations through the vibranium destroys a whole city. And there's precedent for this because in the first Thor movie, Thor destroys a huge swath of Jotunheim with one strike. Nothing Superman has done in the movies has shown that kind of power. Being in the center of an explosion that destroyed an entire city, an explosion caused by Thor, merely stunned him. A similar explosion all but left Superman for dead.
Quote:This is exactly what Friday said.
FRIDAY: The anti-gravs are rigged to flip.Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust.
The city's not coming down slow.
STark : Spire is vibranium.If I get Thor to hit it...
FRIDAY : It will crack. That's not enough.The impact would still be devastating.
STARK: Maybe if we can cap the other end. Keep the atomic action doubling back.
FRIDAY: That could vaporize the city & everyone on it..
STARK : I got it. Create a heat seal.I could...I could supercharge the spire from below. (This how Stark is capping the other end).
FRIDAY Running numbers
FRIDAY : A heat seal could work with enough power. (Thor is the power he needs.)
STARK: Thor, I got a plan.
THOR : We're out of time.
Quote:The heat seal was to contain the blast so everyone including Thor don't get vaporised with the city.
There is no one left in the city to worry about that because Fury/S.H.I.E.L.D. evacuated the city. So its OK for Stark/Thor to go ahead and vaporize the city which they did.
Thank you for showing me how much you got wrong.
This is just a jumbled mess. At least quote properly for any replies.
- JLA Movie Superman Taking on Thor Movie version! · JesusFan · Wed Feb 07, 2018 at 12:40:29 pm EST
- Re: Thor already won. His movie made 200 million more dollars! (no text) · zvelf · Thu Feb 08, 2018 at 09:23:06 pm EST
- Thor in a close one. Multi-directional lightning neutralizes speed. · Late Great Donald Blake · Thu Feb 08, 2018 at 06:34:22 pm EST
- Superman was written closer to his comic portrayal than Thor. · Bk Ray · Thu Feb 08, 2018 at 12:21:45 pm EST
- JLA was a bad movie... · Would be Watcher · Thu Feb 08, 2018 at 11:55:32 am EST
- Definitely Superman, two to three magnitudes of power above Thor · Marvelfan · Thu Feb 08, 2018 at 11:30:56 am EST
- tossup leaning toward Thor · Zeeder · Thu Feb 08, 2018 at 11:15:39 am EST
- Re: JLA Movie Superman Taking on Thor Movie version! · Oliva · Thu Feb 08, 2018 at 05:27:24 am EST
- Re: JLA Movie Superman Taking on Thor Movie version! · Knight · Wed Feb 07, 2018 at 05:16:58 pm EST
- Re: JLA Movie Superman Taking on Thor Movie version! · motifian · Wed Feb 07, 2018 at 02:28:59 pm EST
- Re: JLA Movie Superman Taking on Thor Movie version! · bd2999 · Wed Feb 07, 2018 at 12:42:45 pm EST