|Fantastic Four: TWGCM >> View Post|
Subj: Re: So if Marvel brings the FF back....then what?
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 at 09:42:17 am EDT (Viewed 130 times)
Reply Subj: So if Marvel brings the FF back....then what?
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 at 12:19:48 am EDT (Viewed 159 times)
Quote:What type of changes would you implement? I have some ideas of my own floating around in my head.
Mine are all horrible.
1. I would reveal Ben's brother Dan had gotten a girl pregnant before his death. Ben would find out he has a nephew (Daniel Grimm III) in his early 20's and takes the kid under his wing. Eventually the kid leads another one of those annoying teen versions of super hero team books that are always popular enough to exist but never quite popular enough to last 100 issues. Oh and he'd have a crappy codename like Little Thing or Thing Jr.
2. Johnny's flames would turn blue. I would have him turn blue as the result of an experiment by the Red Ghost. Red Ghost and Reed Richards powers were both enhanced by a second dose of cosmic rays in FF #197. Ben turned into the more powerful pineapple Thing when he got a second dose in FF #310. So I'm assuming an extra dose would also change Johnny (and Sue come to think of it...but she can already slice through Celestials like a ginsu knife does a tin can)
3. The Fantastic Four would fight Kang. Valeria would be erased from existence (and everyone's memories) via a plot device called a retcon bubble. When Franklin gets hit by a retcon bubble he turns into an 18 year old, loses his powers and he goes off to college never to be seen again. Instead of annoying kids running around the Fantastic Four adopt a dog.
4. Johnny and Sue would discover their father Franklin is still alive. The Skrulls sent an imposter to die in his place with that explosive. The real Franklin Storm has been a prisoner of the Skrulls for years. The Fantastic Four eventually find out and rescue him. Reed has to deal with a degenerate gambler for a father in law who manipulates Sue and Johnny.
5. Doctor Sun has been masquerading as H.E.R.B.I.E. for years. He's never figured out a way to restore himself.
6. Werner Von Doom turns out to be the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's father. He had a thing for gypsy witches. Scarlet Witch finds Victor to be a slightly less self centered brother than Pietro. Doom apologies for any time he's tried to bang her in the past.
7. Uatu's evilish nephew Aron takes his place as Watcher for earth which is his punishment for always being a dick.
8. Sharon Ventura gives up on men and becomes a lesbian and then dates Thundra.
9. Willie Lumpkin has been a Recorder working for the Rigellians all along!
10. Sue would get breast cancer. After she recovers (her husband is good with science) she becomes an activist.