|Amazing Spider-Man Message Board >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Ben Reilly - Scarlet Spider #8...
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 at 09:43:52 am EDT (Viewed 145 times)
Reply Subj: Ben Reilly - Scarlet Spider #8...
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 at 10:46:13 pm EDT (Viewed 184 times)
Quote:Ben Reilly - Scarlet Spider 008 (2017)
Quote:· Good cover!
· Another really good issue in a row!
· Extremely welcome Secret Empire footnoting and aftermath continuity.
· Satisfying way to move Kaine to a different plotline.
· An intro of -or return of- The Hornet that works fine.
· Didn't Death agree to not take the girl too? Having her need the cure still is a curious twist. Source plot device for the mystery introduction to Dr. Sheldon Sanders that will probably happen next ish. Hmm... wonder if he's related to Speed Demon? http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/James_Sanders_(Earth-616)
· Huh, some of Las Vegas wasn't obliterated during S.E.? Ditto, some portion of it's population. It looks like Mercury apparently cares some for the city too.
· Fun kiss moment. Funny inside joke about Death added.
· Decent Hornet/Scarlet Spider battle. LOVED the innovative visual/POV panel with Ben running up his webline to Hornet that he tethered to a transport!
· BTW, when and why and how did Wolverine Kill The Hornet previously?
· Nice last page appearance and surprise with Ricochet! Looks like The Slingers title solicited is starting here.
· Fun mistaken identity. Another funny inside joke about Death added.
· BTW, what was Ricochet's last storyline? That D-List Loners mini?
I think Wolverine was mind controlled at the time by Hydra (Enemy of the State?) when he killed Eddie.
I'm hoping this Hornet really is Eddie McDonough. I always hated that he was killed off. He has cerebral palsy which my mom has so I've always liked the character.
Where was Ben during Secret Empire? He lives in Vegas.
As for Kaine I've been a little sick and tired of him trying to kill Ben. Like Kaine's never mass murdered a bunch of people and been forgiven for it. Why can't he cut Ben some slack? To me it seems like he's just looking for a new excuse to kill Ben like he always has and it really isn't about anything Ben's done. (we really need a Ben/Kaine team up book)
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 55.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|