|Amazing Spider-Man Message Board >> View Post|
Subj: Re: CBR speculation about Amazing #800
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 at 11:18:06 pm EST (Viewed 197 times)
Reply Subj: Re: CBR speculation about Amazing #800
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 at 03:49:38 pm EST (Viewed 205 times)
You make interesting points, however as they stated or perhaps I should say ALLEGEDLY stated when the Mephisto Mindwipe was done
"Shut up! It's magic, we don't have to explain it!"
Oh wait, it looks like Joe Q DID make that statement,
go through the list of tropes to "A wizard Did it"
Basically OMD/OMIT/Mephisto Mindwipe completely messed up 20+ years of Spider history, and now it is 10 years later so you just know that if it is undone that there will be some seriously negative results
1. By all rights, aunt May and Harry should be dead.
2. May will never have married Jameson Sr.
3. Peter's ID could be public again unless he goes to Dr. Strange and since now the spell would not have been cast as OMD/OMIT wouldn't have happened, it could be cast and the mindwipe occurs. Or Peter uses the reality gem or mind gem....or cosmic cube
4. Osborn and Brock/Venom symbiote would know again
5. Other people/villains that didn't know might be able to "connect the dots/do the math"
6. What about the girlfriends Peter had during the era of the Mephisto Mindwipe? What about any relations MJ had? Do they still count? Are they negated? Did they both commit adultery?
7. What about Peter's job? Did he still get to be with Horizon? Did he still get to have his own company only to lose it?
8. Also of course, did Peter still get possessed by Doc Ock and turned into the Allegedly Superior Spider-man?
What would be negated and what would be revised by the undoing of the Mephisto Mindwipe?
But then, to quote the less then great Joe Q: "Shut up! It's magic, we don't have to explain it!"
and remember everyone: divorce is bad, but dealing with the devil is ok!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|