|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Spasibo...
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 at 10:28:02 am EDT (Viewed 198 times)
Reply Subj: Re: X-Men Gold #11: Is 'dull action' an oxymoron?
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 at 09:03:16 am EDT (Viewed 182 times)
Quote:I liked seeing him(Piotr) refer to America as his home, and "our SHIELD," and stuff. It's long past time he gave up the Motherland shtick.
Yeah, he should be a proud citizen of hisadopted country by now. Guess we'll see how much he did to make it official with this upcoming deportation plotline...
Quote:Why is she(Storm) even there?
Wants to keep her head in the game?
Quote:Good, but not enough, imo.
Certainly one panel of psiscape was not enough.
Quote:Aside from the horrible excuse to conk her out, she didn't do too badly.
And Yana jobbed to him?! BAH! She can save the world with Strange's elite magic squad, but Komrade Disposable's goons smack her down off panel, leaving her too weak to fight him.
Bit of a contradiction?
Quote:Still self-exiled in that dimension (Kapalan) that only exists for a second.
Ah. Don't recall. Will have to Wiki it...
Quote:This was really sort of a one-and-done story, because Omega Red barely appeared last issue. Yay! That's over.
On one hand - he ain't on my fave villain list, so glad he's gone too. On the other, it leaves another one of the annoying danglers like when The Hood raised all those Handbook villains that Scourge killed (during Dark Reign?) temporarily as we were told, like Omega Red is so enchanted, and yet they'll all keep running around with no satisfying details on explaining how they are still running around.
Quote:Well, H.A.M.M.E.R. was already used. It's kind of stupid for a Russian agency to have an English acronym. "Sickle" in Russian is СЕРП (pronounced serp). Bet some cool Russian words can be extrapolated from that.
And speaking of Russian, again, we are given lots of random Russian words thrown in for no good reason, just to make speech colourful:
- "Pakhan": basically the equivalent of Boss/Godfather/etc.
- "Chto eto?": What's this? (it's pronunced "shto," btw)
- "Dyadya": uncle
- "Ublyudok": jerk. Really? Guy kidnaps and nearly kills your sister and all you can do is call him "jerk?" Sure, this is a comic book, but c'mon! Kitty calling Omega a "jerkwad" seems natural for her, but Piotr should have been angrier.
- "Udar'te na eto": Not how I would have translated "choke on this." What Omega said is more like "Take this." Choke would have been another word. But, oh well.
- "Ya sobirayus' ubit' tebya": I'm going to kill you. Why is Piotr the one who's using Russian and not the Russians that still live/breathe in Russia? All of these Bratva criminals are speaking English, even amongst themselves. But Piotr is going to announce he's killing the Pakhan in Russian? Awkward.
Ugh, and "Anatoly Rasputin Nikolayevich?" Nono. Anatoly Nikolayevich Rasputin.
Cool! Love all this Russian translation stuff! Thank you very much.
Is SPASIBO like Aloha with multiple meanings in Hawaiin and means THANK YOU and YOUR WELCOME?
(Does anyone know an issue:) Has Piotr has with Cosmo the Dog yet?
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.