Quote:1. Locus (teleporter from the MLF)
3. Josh Guthrie (Joshes unite!)
4. Gamesmaster and the Upstarts
5. Book from the X-Men 2099 book (he used his infirmity to manipulate)
6. X-Men 2099 (well the 8 on the first issue cover...some of the later members stunk)
8. Gideon (he was awesome in New Warrios #19...why was he never used like that in an X-book?)
9. Piecemeal (the kid who merged with Proteus...did AIM ever get around to using that sister of his?)
12. Rancor and her team from Guardians of the Galaxy
13. The Folding Circle (my favorite member the Left Hand technically isn't a mutant though)
15. Namorita (ok so not SUPER obscure...but she's my favorite female Marvel character)
16. Baby Nathan (or was it Christopher) when he had that forcefield bubble. I liked him as a kid but I despise Cable.
17. Feral (ok so that violates the rules...she's still pretty obscure IMO)
18. Twilight from X-Nation 2099...she had a neat power to control the laws of physics in a limited sphere of influence.
19. Brimstone Love (assuming he even is a mutant)
20. Gypsy Moth aka Skein
Great list! I've only heard of 6, 8, 15, 16, and 20.
Can you imagine if 21st century Marvel were as cool as Silver Age DC? They might actually decide to do an annual 2099 team-up story! (Reminiscent of Silver Age DC's annual JLA/JSA story.) Heck, 21st century Marvel would have more options for how to do it than DC did. One year, the main X-team might travel to 2099. The next year, maybe only Logan would go there. Or Laura and Gabby. Or Excalibur. Or Cable. Or - dare I say it? - Deadpool.
We definitely need more Gideon.
And how have we gone so long without a comic titled "Gamesmaster and the Upstarts"? Sounds like an old-time rock and roll band! I don't know if they play any musical instruments - but it would be cool if they did.
I am surprised Silhouette didn't even enter my mind. I even mentioned Timeslip, but somehow forgot her. :\
She would have been the only overlap, had she not slipped my mind.