Hi, and welcome to ComicBoards.com Comic Message Boards. Sometimes volatile, sometimes controversial and always interesting, our boards require a few rules and guidelines to keep things running smoothly and happily for all concerned. Above all, enjoy, discuss and even disagree, but, keep in mind your manners.
1. Impersonating others. Choose whatever name you wish for the boards (at least THREE letters, but none with all numbers), but under NO circumstances will you intentionally impersonate another poster. Please use one name at a time and if you switch, make it known you're doing so--we want people to know with whom they speak, and we want to form a community.
2. No profanity. Keep profanity to an absolute minimum. These are all-ages message boards and we want to maintain at the VERY WORST a PG-13 level of discourse. And under no circumstances should profanity be used in the subject lines of posts.
3. No spam. Spam is defined as any message which does not relate to the topic of the message board and is solely posted to advertise a personal site, a money making scheme, a chain letter, or something of that nature.
4. No Pornography. Alvaro's TVShowBoards.Com is a family-friendly group of message boards. Porn would be any nude or vulgar images or vulgar descriptions of private/intimate actions. Such messages should NEVER be posted and will likely get your ISP banned.
5. No Flames/Insults. Blatantly insulting behavior is prohibited. This includes insults to both posters and lurkers, including comic creators who are more likely to lurk than post. By all means feel free to critique the work--but not the person. Tempers may run high, but, keep all discussions civil, please. "Flame War" participants, regardless of "who started it", will be dealt with severely.
6. The Infamous Rule #6. There is no rule #6.
7. Off-Topic Threads. Off topic discussions will be tolerated to a small degree, but when instructed by one of the moderators to end a thread, you MUST cease and desist. Taking it to e-mail or the Community Board is the best solution.
8. No Hot-Linking. Hot-linking means to take somebody's image and to link directly to it, thus using that site's bandwidth. This is often done in regards to upcoming solicitations posted on various comic book news sites. Many sites frown down on hot-linking, as do we, as it's stealing bandwidth, and that costs money. Likewise, we do not allow you to upload images here and to link to images here from your website. Any posts found hot-linking from other websites will be deleted upon sight. Any posters attempting to hot-link from us will be banned.
9. Repeat Offenders. The moderators reserve the privilege of banning offenders from the boards, temporarily or permanently, without warning. You may be warned or you may not, at the moderators' discretion.
10. Bannings. Bannings and lesser disciplinary actions should not be discussed on the boards. Those are matters best left to email between the poster and the moderators. If one has a question about their banning they should e-mail the moderators for explanations (moderators' e-mail addresses are located where new messages begin). If you believe the moderator is not treating you fairly, the managers of TVShowBoards.com can be emailed for their input.
11. Additional Guidelines. Individual boards may have additional rules which are to be followed as well.
12. Broken Glass. Don't eat broken glass! Sheesh! What are ya, nuts??!!
Thank you for your cooperation. Remember, think before you act. It's always funny until someone loses an eye.
If you have any questions, feel free to email TVShowBoards.com management.