Avengers >> View Thread

Author
Ikkaris




Hello fellows,
I’m extremely happy to read that Gilgamesh is back...

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=12056

When someone read could please spoil us!!!
I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!

Cheers





Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
emerick man 

Moderator

Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 64,819


Not sure what that translates to.

Eternals #2 and #3 he had cameos.
sexy pose
Here's a thread on each issue to tide you over 'til #4:
http://members2.boardhost.com/comicbattles/msg/1215741007.html
http://members2.boardhost.com/comicbattles/msg/1218284613.html



Dane too!Batgirl too!
Blaze too!Ororo too!


> Hello fellows,
> I’m extremely happy to read that Gilgamesh is back...
>
> http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=12056
>
> When someone read could please spoil us!!!
> I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
>
> Cheers
>
>
>





I miss you, Dan. I miss you, Dad. I miss you, Dan.
I miss you, Dad & Dan. I miss you Dad and Dan. Support Cancer Research.
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Emperor Hulk




From my own knowledge of Spanish (and, yes, I know the sign is in Portugese) and babelfish, I can translate the text starting with "O Guerreiro" as The Strongest Warrior in the World (lit. The Warrior Most Strong in the World). The text above it I can't read clearly enough to translate.

>
> Not sure what that translates to.
>
> Eternals #2 and #3 he had cameos.
>
> Here's a thread on each issue to tide you over 'til #4:
> http://members2.boardhost.com/comicbattles/msg/1215741007.html
> http://members2.boardhost.com/comicbattles/msg/1218284613.html
>
>

> Dane too!Batgirl too!
> Blaze too!Ororo too!
>
>
> > Hello fellows,
> > I’m extremely happy to read that Gilgamesh is back...
> >
> > http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=12056
> >
> > When someone read could please spoil us!!!
> > I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> > Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> >
> >
>



Posted with Opera 9.51 on Linux
Jack Silver




> Hello fellows,
> I’m extremely happy to read that Gilgamesh is back...
>
> http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=12056
>
> When someone read could please spoil us!!!
> I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
>
> Cheers
>
>
>



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 on Apple MacOS
Brand Echh




> > Hello fellows,
> > I’m extremely happy to read that Gilgamesh is back...
> >
> > http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=12056
> >
> > When someone read could please spoil us!!!
> > I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> > Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> >
> >



Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.2 on MacOS X
Ohotmu the all-knowing




or Firebird
or Moon Knight
or Machine Man
or Jack-of-Hearts
or Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

I'm not talking about how cool the heroes are "today" or in their respective solo titles. IMHO, during their respective stints as official Avengers, their tenures were fairly pointless and largely forgettable. I suppose the same can be said for Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Girl, and a variety of other members.

Gilgamesh suffered from lack of development while he was on the title. He was basically the designated big stick used to pound on things that needed a brick to do so.

Of all the Eternals, he is really the least well defined. Zuras, Thena, Ikaris, Ajak, Makkari, Sersi, etc all have a fair amount of character definition. Ole Gilg has historically been used as the "everyman Eternal" who gets used when you need some generic Eternal in the story. I think that he will become more interesting in the Eternals title as he actually has an identity carved out for him.

But until that happens, he's going to wallow in irrelevance. Even if he does get a rock-solid character identity, I don't see the point of having him fight Ares.

Ohotmu

> > I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> > Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
James Hunter




> or Firebird
> or Moon Knight
> or Machine Man
> or Jack-of-Hearts
> or Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
>
> I'm not talking about how cool the heroes are "today" or in their respective solo titles. IMHO, during their respective stints as official Avengers, their tenures were fairly pointless and largely forgettable. I suppose the same can be said for Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Girl, and a variety of other members.
>
> Gilgamesh suffered from lack of development while he was on the title. He was basically the designated big stick used to pound on things that needed a brick to do so.
>
> Of all the Eternals, he is really the least well defined. Zuras, Thena, Ikaris, Ajak, Makkari, Sersi, etc all have a fair amount of character definition. Ole Gilg has historically been used as the "everyman Eternal" who gets used when you need some generic Eternal in the story. I think that he will become more interesting in the Eternals title as he actually has an identity carved out for him.
>
> But until that happens, he's going to wallow in irrelevance. Even if he does get a rock-solid character identity, I don't see the point of having him fight Ares.
>
> Ohotmu
>
> > > I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> > > Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
>



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Brand Echh




just sayin.


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.2 on MacOS X
Ohotmu the all-knowing






Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Alexandre Juliao




> Hello fellows,
> I’m extremely happy to read that Gilgamesh is back...
>
> http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=12056
>
> When someone read could please spoil us!!!
> I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
>
> Cheers
>
>
>




It´s Portuguese, and means:"The Warrior! The strongest man in the World"
But the original writer made some mistakes. The correct phrase in Portuguese is: "O Guerreiro! O homem mais forte do Mundo!"
It´s Goiania, not Goiana. And its not located in Amazon.

I hope it helps!


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 on Windows XP
James Hunter






Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Ikkaris




I do think he´s a great character!!!
He may have not being used right at The Avengers...but he´s much better than a lot of folks...like DD, Hank Pym, Machine Man, Mr. Fantastic, Jack Of The Hearts, Ant Man...etc



> > Hello fellows,
> > I’m extremely happy to read that Gilgamesh is back...
> >
> > http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=12056
> >
> > When someone read could please spoil us!!!
> > I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> > Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> >
> >



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Doctor Pym




Rage and D-Man get my votes as absolute worst Avengers ever. Silverclaw and Dr. Druid are close runners-up.


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Ikkaris

ikkaris@ig.com.br



I agree with you...he was underused and he should be written better until these days...
But I have to disagree with...The point of him fighting Ares???
A damn great f...fight!!! I´ve seen a good one for a long time!!!
And it´s comic books of SUPER HEROES... I myself want a great fight!!!

Cheers

> or Firebird
> or Moon Knight
> or Machine Man
> or Jack-of-Hearts
> or Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
>
> I'm not talking about how cool the heroes are "today" or in their respective solo titles. IMHO, during their respective stints as official Avengers, their tenures were fairly pointless and largely forgettable. I suppose the same can be said for Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Girl, and a variety of other members.
>
> Gilgamesh suffered from lack of development while he was on the title. He was basically the designated big stick used to pound on things that needed a brick to do so.
>
> Of all the Eternals, he is really the least well defined. Zuras, Thena, Ikaris, Ajak, Makkari, Sersi, etc all have a fair amount of character definition. Ole Gilg has historically been used as the "everyman Eternal" who gets used when you need some generic Eternal in the story. I think that he will become more interesting in the Eternals title as he actually has an identity carved out for him.
>
> But until that happens, he's going to wallow in irrelevance. Even if he does get a rock-solid character identity, I don't see the point of having him fight Ares.
>
> Ohotmu
>
> > > I think he’s a great and underrated and underused character!
> > > Bring him back to Avengers...he could fight Ares...that would be cool!!!
>



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software