|Avengers >> View Post|
Subj: Avengers #683: Could this game BE any less fun?
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 at 11:43:52 am EST (Viewed 500 times)
Could this game BE any less fun to read than in this Part? And only lucky 7 more issues to go 'til the finale of NO SURRENDER.
• Reader is once again trapped inside The Game setting with no idea how outside influences could/should affect the reality of it all. Not to mention NONE of the interesting players are included this time.
• Comms are still intermittant for story logic purposes (Beast did get the report that touching a Pyramoid results in "disintegration"),
• Lightning arrives to see Rulk, Enigma and Ho seemingly sitting around. Ho does say she'll dispatch a Quinjet... uhh, who will pilot it and what about a recharged Voyager?
• Those Game Ghosts doing who knows what (and not evena Pac Man joke to distract readers ).
• There is tons of precident that Pym Particle Size Changers have projected the effect onto other but not being a fan of this random/inconsistent ability made this micro-surgical strike less than engaging. We get a boring imitation of an internal bio-system tour compared to the classic Hank Pym trek thru Vizh's body or even the FF saving Willie Lumpkin from the inside. Beast comments he doesn't rely on oxygen molecules at a size almost as small but in the next ..err.. breath, we are shown the air bubbles escaping his lungs. Weird. And then to make this voyage less than fantastic - We see another decompressing collage of past Avengers tales when Jarvis was ..uhm.. working at the Mansion. True enough, it might be a clue that Voyager is not present (ditto she ain't on the cover was probably). This altered past mystery seems to be abruptly over and unexplained. UGH.
• Beast wastes pages space reminding readers that Nadia is the Avengers genius. (Yeah, yeah, Moon Girl of the MU, Valeria of the FF, Riri of the Starkverse, America of the Utopian Parallel, yadda, yadda...)
• Nadia can't grab a Pyramoid who knows why.
• Origin details/clues of this Pathogen Virus Entity are non-existant. It is underwhelmingly destroyed.
• Nadia's calvary moment was just thrown in our face.
• There is no extra revelation beyond Jarvis' previous exclamation that Voyager is a lie. And for no good reason Beast and Nadia listen/believe him all of a sudden.
• Voyager claims a the Pyramoid - and by this time readers should think her a part of The Obstacles so that should mean the Game ended in a tie. "Ho hum"? But Beast trys to spin it as a scary cliffhanger.
• ALL that previous Hulk in the Epilogue in all the earlier Parts but for no good reason (besides poor story pacing) he does NOT EVEN appear after last issue tease! BAH!
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.