Batman >> View Thread

Author
emerickman




http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=8444


Enjoying this arc so far. Hard to get a flow reading this issue with nagging questions though. Not the best at Bat trivia. Maybe some MB'ers know the quick answers w/o me surfing around blindly for answers...

Is Nanda Parbat a real world legend like Xanadu?

Know Merlyn and passing familiar with Sensei. Who are the other assassins?


Here's a rhetorical one, that we'll get answered next ish. Who has the stronger poker face? Robin & Damian have been let go or Batman wouldn't show Ra's? Robin & Damian are being held still 'til Ra's gets what he wants?

Was the term THOGAL used in 52?

Artistic license has Bat-binoculars looking at the bridge at a wrong angle? And is showing a lighted torch that should also be seen with the naked(readers) eye? The assassins want to stop the monk because they'll be trapped in? Batman's swinging catch of the monk seems ridiculously far fetched distance wise & pendulum arc wise?

His shoulder chainmail is first seen this issue?
http://bp1.blogger.com/_yWjfmSMdvSo/RwueNw9pdkI/AAAAAAAAAHA/NLRBYBZ95z0/s1600-h/BMBLOG.jpg

Someone else fell Merlyn?

Who is Rama Kushna and the Old Grey Ghost again?

Was Ra's father revealed a big shocker to longtime readers?

DaughterS? Plural? Talia and...?

Assume Sensei's (bloodiless) staff stabbed him at unseen speed?

"...as a thorn in OUR side." How many times has Sensei met Batman?

That was a wickedly cool attle! And that "lasting longer than a minute" was a wickedly cool topper line, eh?

Ra's did a mind switch thingee awfully easily didnt he? Probably will return when everyone leaves. Save to assume, it was probably a humor moment to walk away when he actually came for the pool.

Batman dodged as Sensei fell in the pool, Batman seemingly fell to the side, Batman grips the bank as he rose but surprisingly is seen IN the pool too? Is that the sequence to be interpretted?

Thanks in advance.








Hire Shang Chi:

and enter the current caption contest...



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Tony S Daniel




I can't answer everything - but this might help -

The assassins are all newly created except for Merlyn and Hook. Fabian Nicieza is writing a story for I forget which title and will show more about these assassins.

The binoculars angle is correct. We're looking through the lens, seeing what Batman's seeing. It would only be reversed if we were looking at the reflection from in front of him, but we're not, we're 'him'.

And the swoop - yes - over the top. But this is Batman. He can do it no problemo.

Batman dies. It was supposed to be interpreted that the monks placed him in the fountain to save him. Sensei fell in and died because he wasn't pure. Ra's took over a monk's body before dying himself.

I haven't seen these boards in ages. Figured I'd drop in and say hi to you guys.
Check out my blog at http://www.tonydaniel.blogspot.com

Tony Daniel


Posted with Apple Safari 3.0.4 on MacOS X
brokenheadstuff




THANKS for the great issue Tony!
>
> I haven't seen these boards in ages. Figured I'd drop in and say hi to you guys.
> Check out my blog at http://www.tonydaniel.blogspot.com
>
> Tony Daniel


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.10 on Windows XP
emerickman




> I can't answer everything - but this might help -

Thanks!
>
> The assassins are all newly created except for Merlyn and Hook. Fabian Nicieza is writing a story for I forget which title and will show more about these assassins.

Any SPOILERS names?
>
> The binoculars angle is correct. We're looking through the lens, seeing what Batman's seeing. It would only be reversed if we were looking at the reflection from in front of him, but we're not, we're 'him'.

D'oh! Batman's eyes are just far enough, for readers, from the low tech display to see the reverse prism principle thingamajig. http://www.binocularsetc.com/binocularfacts.html
Speaking of eyes, cringed at the NEAT detail of the shattered cowl eyeprotectors, hopin' he didn't get any shards in his!
>
> And the swoop - yes - over the top. But this is Batman. He can do it no problemo.

:)
>
> Batman dies. It was supposed to be interpreted that the monks placed him in the fountain to save him. Sensei fell in and died because he wasn't pure. Ra's took over a monk's body before dying himself.

Oh.
>
> I haven't seen these boards in ages. Figured I'd drop in and say hi to you guys.
> Check out my blog at http://www.tonydaniel.blogspot.com

In the larger version good cover image for 674 here:
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/dccomics/200802/superman_batman/BM-Cv674_solicit.jpg
does the belt buckle reflection(more details!) indicate a different shadowed figure in the room from the different angled shadow on the wall.

Despite the distraction of the arm (interesting to see who is worthy of Batman covering with his cape) this smaller 473 cover looks nice too:


Look forward to you interpretation of Tiger Moth too.
>
> Tony Daniel





Hire Shang Chi:

and enter the current caption contest...


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Blue Beetle




This story is spread out across multiple titles, right? I think Nightwing is one of them. How many others are there?

The story sounds like something I'd like to read. I just can't stand buying random issues of books I don't normally buy, so I think I'll wait for the trade(s) on this one.

Am I right that this story has that classic 1970's Neal Adams Ra's Al Ghul vibe to it? That's what appeals to me about it.







Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
emerickman




> This story is spread out across multiple titles, right? I think Nightwing is one of them. How many others are there?
>
> The story sounds like something I'd like to read. I just can't stand buying random issues of books I don't normally buy, so I think I'll wait for the trade(s) on this one.
>
> Am I right that this story has that classic 1970's Neal Adams Ra's Al Ghul vibe to it? That's what appeals to me about it.
>
>
>
>
>

Sheesh - cant believe this question took me 15minutes to Google the answer. But didnt give up out of principle to find it. Hope it helps:
Comics in the “Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul” Series include:

Batman # 670 - Prelude
Robin #168 - Part 1
Nightwing #138 - Part 2
Detective Comics # 838 - Part 3
Batman # 671 - Part 4
Robin #169 - Part 5
Nightwing # 139 - Part 6
Detective Comics # 839 - Part 7
The prelude to the Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul, Batman # 670, hits shelves Oct. 31.



Maybe I was looking in wrong search engine or maybe someone could tell DC marketing ;\) Ya may wanna check out Robin Annual 7 too:
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=8138




Hire Shang Chi:

and enter the current caption contest...



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Omar Karindu




> http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=8444
>
>
> Enjoying this arc so far. Hard to get a flow reading this issue with nagging questions though. Not the best at Bat trivia. Maybe some MB'ers know the quick answers w/o me surfing around blindly for answers...
>
> Is Nanda Parbat a real world legend like Xanadu?

No, it's from the 1960s and 1970s Deadman stories, though it is based loosely on Tibet and the legend of Shangri-La.

>
> Who is Rama Kushna and the Old Grey Ghost again?

Rama Kushna is the goddess of Nada Parbat, a female spirit of light and enlightenment. The old grey ghost is the DC hero Deadman.

> Was Ra's father revealed a big shocker to longtime readers?

Yes, in that the Sensei was in the past always seen as a rebellious subordinate of Ra's.

> DaughterS? Plural? Talia and...?

Nyssa al-Ghul, who actually killed Ra's in Death and the Maidens. Nyssa was also seen in the Injustice Society arc in JSA CLassified #7-9, and died in the last few issues of the most recent Batgirl title.

> "...as a thorn in OUR side." How many times has Sensei met Batman?

The Sensei battled Batman and Ra's in an old Denny O'Neil story in the late 1970s, which also ended in the Sensei's seeming death.

- Omar Karindu

"A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom

"It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Apple Safari 3.0.4 on MacOS X
emerickman




> > http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=8444
> >
> >
> > Enjoying this arc so far. Hard to get a flow reading this issue with nagging questions though. Not the best at Bat trivia. Maybe some MB'ers know the quick answers w/o me surfing around blindly for answers...
> >
> > Is Nanda Parbat a real world legend like Xanadu?
>
> No, it's from the 1960s and 1970s Deadman stories, though it is based loosely on Tibet and the legend of Shangri-La.
>
> >
> > Who is Rama Kushna and the Old Grey Ghost again?
>
> Rama Kushna is the goddess of Nada Parbat, a female spirit of light and enlightenment. The old grey ghost is the DC hero Deadman.
>
> > Was Ra's father revealed a big shocker to longtime readers?
>
> Yes, in that the Sensei was in the past always seen as a rebellious subordinate of Ra's.
>
> > DaughterS? Plural? Talia and...?
>
> Nyssa al-Ghul, who actually killed Ra's in Death and the Maidens. Nyssa was also seen in the Injustice Society arc in JSA CLassified #7-9, and died in the last few issues of the most recent Batgirl title.
>
> > "...as a thorn in OUR side." How many times has Sensei met Batman?
>
> The Sensei battled Batman and Ra's in an old Denny O'Neil story in the late 1970s, which also ended in the Sensei's seeming death.
>
> - Omar Karindu
>
> "A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom
>
> "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey



Hire Shang Chi:

and enter the current caption contest...



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Blue Beetle




> > This story is spread out across multiple titles, right? I think Nightwing is one of them. How many others are there?
> >
> > The story sounds like something I'd like to read. I just can't stand buying random issues of books I don't normally buy, so I think I'll wait for the trade(s) on this one.
> >
> > Am I right that this story has that classic 1970's Neal Adams Ra's Al Ghul vibe to it? That's what appeals to me about it.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Sheesh - cant believe this question took me 15minutes to Google the answer. But didnt give up out of principle to find it. Hope it helps:
> Comics in the “Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul” Series include:
>
> Batman # 670 - Prelude
> Robin #168 - Part 1
> Nightwing #138 - Part 2
> Detective Comics # 838 - Part 3
> Batman # 671 - Part 4
> Robin #169 - Part 5
> Nightwing # 139 - Part 6
> Detective Comics # 839 - Part 7
> The prelude to the Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul, Batman # 670, hits shelves Oct. 31.
>
>

>
> Maybe I was looking in wrong search engine or maybe someone could tell DC marketing ;\) Ya may wanna check out Robin Annual 7 too:
> http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=8138
>
>
>

> Hire Shang Chi:
>
> and enter the current caption contest...
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Icon




> > DaughterS? Plural? Talia and...?
>
> Nyssa al-Ghul, who actually killed Ra's in Death and the Maidens. Nyssa was also seen in the Injustice Society arc in JSA CLassified #7-9, and died in the last few issues of the most recent Batgirl title.

I thought she was killed in the first OYL Robin issue as an explanation as to how Cassie was consolidating her control over the League.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP
Omar Karindu




> > > DaughterS? Plural? Talia and...?
> >
> > Nyssa al-Ghul, who actually killed Ra's in Death and the Maidens. Nyssa was also seen in the Injustice Society arc in JSA CLassified #7-9, and died in the last few issues of the most recent Batgirl title.
>
> I thought she was killed in the first OYL Robin issue as an explanation as to how Cassie was consolidating her control over the League.

- Omar Karindu

"A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom

"It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Apple Safari 3.0.4 on MacOS X
Icon




> > > > DaughterS? Plural? Talia and...?
> > >
> > > Nyssa al-Ghul, who actually killed Ra's in Death and the Maidens. Nyssa was also seen in the Injustice Society arc in JSA CLassified #7-9, and died in the last few issues of the most recent Batgirl title.
> >
> > I thought she was killed in the first OYL Robin issue as an explanation as to how Cassie was consolidating her control over the League.
>
> - Omar Karindu
>
> "A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom
>
> "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
trailrunners




Yes Tony - your art on Batman is VERY, very nice!

Thanks for the great work!

> THANKS for the great issue Tony!
> >
> > I haven't seen these boards in ages. Figured I'd drop in and say hi to you guys.
> > Check out my blog at http://www.tonydaniel.blogspot.com
> >
> > Tony Daniel


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software