Black Panther >> View Thread

Author
Serious




From Newsarama:
http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/04/21/more-on-the-bet-black-panther-cartoon/

Toon Zone attended the New York Comic Con’s Black Panel on Friday, where additional details on BET’s Black Panther animated series were revealed:

The biggest news for BET was about the newly announced prime-time Black Panther animated series, which was the first question from the audience after Davis opened it up to questions from the audience. The new show will be based on the first story arc, “Who is the Black Panther?”, from the Marvel Comics series written by BET vice president Reginald Hudlin. Cowan reported that Hudlin will be writing the animated series, and that the series will be using many of artist John Romita Jr’s designs and aspire to look a lot like the original comics. The eight-episode series is currently scheduled to debut in October 2008. Cowan stated that there were no voice casting announcements he could make yet, but that they were talking to “some stars you might know.”

A full panel report can be found at the link.
http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=23136

*****

This works for me. Just having it be an adaption (more or less) of "Who Is The Black Panther" makes it really easy in terms of trying to figure out how you work in other Marvel characters.


Yo, I'm Serious


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
Thatguy




> From Newsarama:
> http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/04/21/more-on-the-bet-black-panther-cartoon/
>
> Toon Zone attended the New York Comic Con’s Black Panel on Friday, where additional details on BET’s Black Panther animated series were revealed:
>
> The biggest news for BET was about the newly announced prime-time Black Panther animated series, which was the first question from the audience after Davis opened it up to questions from the audience. The new show will be based on the first story arc, “Who is the Black Panther?”, from the Marvel Comics series written by BET vice president Reginald Hudlin. Cowan reported that Hudlin will be writing the animated series, and that the series will be using many of artist John Romita Jr’s designs and aspire to look a lot like the original comics. The eight-episode series is currently scheduled to debut in October 2008. Cowan stated that there were no voice casting announcements he could make yet, but that they were talking to “some stars you might know.”
>
> A full panel report can be found at the link.
> http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=23136
>
> *****
>
> This works for me. Just having it be an adaption (more or less) of "Who Is The Black Panther" makes it really easy in terms of trying to figure out how you work in other Marvel characters.


...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Darius




Someone else besides Hudlin needs to write the Panther. How is he going to find the time to run BET, write the comic AND write the Panther cartoon?

There are so many things wrong with this scenario, I don't even know where to begin.

I think they should get another writer for the Panther cartoon, plain and simple. And basing the animation designs solely on the current run because Hudlin is writing it right now seems like a slap in the face to all the writers and artists who worked on previous incarnations of the Panther.

And not only do we get to read a poorly-written Panther comic, we will also get to WATCH a poorly-written Panther cartoon, which is basically a rehash of what we have ALREADY read in the poorly-written comic book, because all of it has been written by the SAME guy.

This is not good at all.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Serious




> Someone else besides Hudlin needs to write the Panther. How is he going to find the time
> I think they should get another writer for the Panther cartoon, plain and simple. And basing the animation designs solely on the current run because Hudlin is writing it right now seems like a slap in the face to all the writers and artists who worked on previous incarnations of the Panther.

It's going to be based off of John Romita Jr.'s art. No slap in the face there as far as I can see. He's a well-respected, veteran artist.

And as for all the other writers and artists... why weren't they trying to get an animated Black Panther going? Where have they been at all these years? (Not caring enough?)


Yo, I'm Serious


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
Serious




> ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.

Well, it's obvious that neither Stan Lee or Christopher Priest have the same level of interest in doing an animated Black Panther.

In fact, in Priest's case, Hudlin tried for years to get Priest to write a Black Panther movie. Priest declined every time.

So don't act like anyone is stepping out of line or anything. Stan Lee and Priest have obviously shown little to no interest in doing anything more with the Black Panther. Hudlin has, and has the pull on both the comic side and the TV side to get it done.


Yo, I'm Serious


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
Thatguy




> > ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.
>
> Well, it's obvious that neither Stan Lee or Christopher Priest have the same level of interest in doing an animated Black Panther.

And? That's no reason to toss the origin that's stood the test of time with one Hudlin's shoe horned in.
>
> In fact, in Priest's case, Hudlin tried for years to get Priest to write a Black Panther movie. Priest declined every time.

Really? That's news to me. Got a link?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Serious




> > > ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.
> >
> > Well, it's obvious that neither Stan Lee or Christopher Priest have the same level of interest in doing an animated Black Panther.
>
> And? That's no reason to toss the origin that's stood the test of time with one Hudlin's shoe horned in.

Look, when you're doing it, when you're putting up the money, you get to do what you want.

And it's not like "Who Is The Black Panther" is some kind of polar opposite story in comparison to FF #52 and #53. The basics are still there: Klaw kills his father while T'Challa is a child, T'Challa as an adult takes his revenge.

Anyone who reads FF #53 and "Who Is The Black Panther" side by side can clearly see that.
(And if you haven't read both, sign up to Marvel Digital Comics for a month and read them and see for yourself.)

> > In fact, in Priest's case, Hudlin tried for years to get Priest to write a Black Panther movie. Priest declined every time.
>
> Really? That's news to me. Got a link?

No, the blog entry is no longer there. I read it on Priest's blog though, where he said it himself. So feel free to ask him.

And how do you not know this, I thought this was common knowledge among us Black Panther geeks?

When Wesley Snipes had the rights Hudlin was trying to get Priest to write the movie. Priest isn't a big fan of Hollywood so he turned him down.


Yo, I'm Serious


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
Thatguy




> > > > ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.
> > >
> > > Well, it's obvious that neither Stan Lee or Christopher Priest have the same level of interest in doing an animated Black Panther.
> >
> > And? That's no reason to toss the origin that's stood the test of time with one Hudlin's shoe horned in.
>
> Look, when you're doing it, when you're putting up the money, you get to do what you want.

I don't recall ever saying that Panther was mine in any way, so odd comment that.
>
> And it's not like "Who Is The Black Panther" is some kind of polar opposite story in comparison to FF #52 and #53. The basics are still there: Klaw kills his father while T'Challa is a child, T'Challa as an adult takes his revenge.
>
> Anyone who reads FF #53 and "Who Is The Black Panther" side by side can clearly see that.

Not really. One's epic, larger than life. The other is a ripoff of a better book and amounts to a failed home invasion.

> (And if you haven't read both, sign up to Marvel Digital Comics for a month and read them and see for yourself.)
>
> > > In fact, in Priest's case, Hudlin tried for years to get Priest to write a Black Panther movie. Priest declined every time.
> >
> > Really? That's news to me. Got a link?
>
> No, the blog entry is no longer there. I read it on Priest's blog though, where he said it himself. So feel free to ask him.
>
> And how do you not know this, I thought this was common knowledge among us Black Panther geeks?

I stopped following Priest's blog after he quit comics.
>
> When Wesley Snipes had the rights Hudlin was trying to get Priest to write the movie. Priest isn't a big fan of Hollywood so he turned him down.

Actually, he wasn't/isn't a big fan of Marvel comics bending over backwards for Hollywood types while guys who did it all their lives were shunned. What's more, he was always concerned that someone would wipe away his work on T'Challa (and here I thought he was worrying for nothing). Given that Hudlin did exactly that, is it any wonder Priest turned him down?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Primetime.




> > > > > ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.
> > > >
> > > > Well, it's obvious that neither Stan Lee or Christopher Priest have the same level of interest in doing an animated Black Panther.
> > >
> > > And? That's no reason to toss the origin that's stood the test of time with one Hudlin's shoe horned in.
> >
> > Look, when you're doing it, when you're putting up the money, you get to do what you want.
>
> I don't recall ever saying that Panther was mine in any way, so odd comment that.

I don't think that he was literally meaning "you" but referring in general to whoever puts up the money.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Darius




I don't know where the other writers or other artists were, but it seems like a slap in the face to other Panther creators and fans when Hudlin has all types of control over this cartoon, just because he is writing the comic book and he wants the cartoon to be only HIS vision.

Like I said before in another post, he has done a great job in getting the cartoon onto BET, BUT he should hand over the creative process to other writers, etc. instead of ALSO writing the cartoon.

Instead of giving fans two interpretations of Panther, we will be treated to the SAME Panther as we are getting in the current comic, which WILL turn off Panther fans who do not like the current Panther comic, due to the writing.

And how is it logical for the cartoon to be exactly the same as the CURRENT comic book? I can understand if it was being based on a past incarnation, but a current one? This will definitely alienate those who do not like Hudlin's run, but would have checked out the cartoon had Hudlin NOT ben writing it.

And if sales of Hudlin's comic are low, how does it make sense for him to write a cartoon where the viewership might be low, based on the same reasons why the comic book are low?

How is any of this logical?

The bottom line is, I think the cartoon needs another writer...that way the people who love Hudlin's writing on the comic can still get the comic, and those who don't like his writing can hopefully like the cartoon if it is written by someone else. But Hudlin writing the comic AND the cartoon while running BET just seems like overkill to me.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Darius




Okay, Priest may have declined each and every time, but I refuse to believe that Hudlin is and was the ONLY person who could have gotten this done.

What about other writers?????????? Why is Hudlin the only one who can write the cartoon?

And judging from what Hudlin has done with the comic book, perhaps the cartoon is not a good thing after all, since he is obviously going to be the one who writes it.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Serious




> > > > > ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.
> > > >
> > > > Well, it's obvious that neither Stan Lee or Christopher Priest have the same level of interest in doing an animated Black Panther.
> > >
> > > And? That's no reason to toss the origin that's stood the test of time with one Hudlin's shoe horned in.
> >
> > Look, when you're doing it, when you're putting up the money, you get to do what you want.
>
> I don't recall ever saying that Panther was mine in any way, so odd comment that.

Like Primetime said, I didn't mean it literally, as in "you" personally. I meant it in the sense of the people who are doing it.

> > And it's not like "Who Is The Black Panther" is some kind of polar opposite story in comparison to FF #52 and #53. The basics are still there: Klaw kills his father while T'Challa is a child, T'Challa as an adult takes his revenge.
> >
> > Anyone who reads FF #53 and "Who Is The Black Panther" side by side can clearly see that.
>
> Not really. One's epic, larger than life. The other is a ripoff of a better book and amounts to a failed home invasion.

Well, of course everyone has their own opinion on the story. And one person's ripoff is another person's re-imagining.

Overall, I thought the origin in FF #53 was good. I felt they could have done more with it, but for the few pages in a 1966 comic that it took up I thought it was fine. Hudlin's story was okay too. There were a few things I would have liked to have seen him do different (and here's his chance to do that), but on the whole I though it was fine too.

And in the end, to me it's six of one, and half a dozen of another.

> > (And if you haven't read both, sign up to Marvel Digital Comics for a month and read them and see for yourself.)
> >
> > > > In fact, in Priest's case, Hudlin tried for years to get Priest to write a Black Panther movie. Priest declined every time.
> > >
> > > Really? That's news to me. Got a link?
> >
> > No, the blog entry is no longer there. I read it on Priest's blog though, where he said it himself. So feel free to ask him.
> >
> > And how do you not know this, I thought this was common knowledge among us Black Panther geeks?
>
> I stopped following Priest's blog after he quit comics.
> >
> > When Wesley Snipes had the rights Hudlin was trying to get Priest to write the movie. Priest isn't a big fan of Hollywood so he turned him down.
>
> Actually, he wasn't/isn't a big fan of Marvel comics bending over backwards for Hollywood types while guys who did it all their lives were shunned. What's more, he was always concerned that someone would wipe away his work on T'Challa (and here I thought he was worrying for nothing). Given that Hudlin did exactly that, is it any wonder Priest turned him down?

Hey, you were the one talking about this getting precedent over Stan Lee and Priest's work. I'm just saying they obviously don't have the same level of interest in doing what Reggie Hudlin wants to do, and is doing. And Priest's reasons (whether his private ones are different from his public ones) for turning him down years ago isn't Hudlin's fault. It is what it is.


Yo, I'm Serious


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
Gooch




> I don't know where the other writers or other artists were, but it seems like a slap in the face to other Panther creators and fans when Hudlin has all types of control over this cartoon, just because he is writing the comic book and he wants the cartoon to be only HIS vision.
>
> Like I said before in another post, he has done a great job in getting the cartoon onto BET, BUT he should hand over the creative process to other writers, etc. instead of ALSO writing the cartoon.
>
> Instead of giving fans two interpretations of Panther, we will be treated to the SAME Panther as we are getting in the current comic, which WILL turn off Panther fans who do not like the current Panther comic, due to the writing.
>
> And how is it logical for the cartoon to be exactly the same as the CURRENT comic book? I can understand if it was being based on a past incarnation, but a current one? This will definitely alienate those who do not like Hudlin's run, but would have checked out the cartoon had Hudlin NOT ben writing it.
>
> And if sales of Hudlin's comic are low, how does it make sense for him to write a cartoon where the viewership might be low, based on the same reasons why the comic book are low?
>
> How is any of this logical?
>
> The bottom line is, I think the cartoon needs another writer...that way the people who love Hudlin's writing on the comic can still get the comic, and those who don't like his writing can hopefully like the cartoon if it is written by someone else. But Hudlin writing the comic AND the cartoon while running BET just seems like overkill to me.




Not defending anybody, but has anybody seen a script yet? Can't judge anything without a script. Television is a whole different medium then comics. A six issue story can be told in like two episodes. BUt we really don't know anything until a script surfaces.

I am just happy That Bp is getting a Show. I read somewhere that Dwayne Mcduffie will also be involved. Can't know knock Dwayne , Liked his take on the fantastic four, and loved The Episodes of JLA and Static Shock he did. Think he did a couple episodes of Batman Beyond.

-



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP
Serious




> I don't know where the other writers or other artists were, but it seems like a slap in the face to other Panther creators and fans when Hudlin has all types of control over this cartoon, just because he is writing the comic book and he wants the cartoon to be only HIS vision.

Well, if you're against it of course you see it as a slap in the face. If you're for it, then it isn't a slap in the face. And if you're objective, then you'll wait to watch it and judge it then.

As for it being his vision: whose vision should he adapt? It's his call, he gets to do the story that he wants.

What story would you adapt, or would you do a new one? And whatever you do, if someone asks why it should be what you want, what would your answer be?

> Like I said before in another post, he has done a great job in getting the cartoon onto BET, BUT he should hand over the creative process to other writers, etc. instead of ALSO writing the cartoon.

Fair argument. Of course you can just as easily say that since it's his work he should "ALSO" be the one to adapt it too.

If they were adapting Priest's "Enemy of the State" I doubt you would find very many saying that Priest shouldn't be the one "ALSO" writing the cartoon.

> Instead of giving fans two interpretations of Panther, we will be treated to the SAME Panther as we are getting in the current comic, which WILL turn off Panther fans who do not like the current Panther comic, due to the writing.

Well, of course. And those who currently like it will tune in. And everyone else which this will be new to well tune in also.

You almost make it sound as though there's this huge comic book audience of Black Panther fans turning off their TVs in protest or something. There's hundreds of thousands who, again, this will be new to - and they will undoubtedly judge it then.

> And how is it logical for the cartoon to be exactly the same as the CURRENT comic book? I can understand if it was being based on a past incarnation, but a current one?

DC has had pretty good success with "New Frontier," and it's not like that's old. There's talk of doing a "Sinestro Corps War" one - you can bet that's going to be big. And Manga and anime do it all the time to great success - "Death Note" is a current example.

And I think the reason most fans didn't like, say, the Fantastic Four movie was because it took too many liberties and wasn't as close to the comic as they would have liked. I know it was the case for me.

So I think most fans want it to be as close as possible to the comic that they're adapting.

> And if sales of Hudlin's comic are low, how does it make sense for him to write a cartoon where the viewership might be low, based on the same reasons why the comic book are low?
>
> How is any of this logical?

Again, it's not like there's this huge comic book audience of Black Panther fans to begin with. And like any other superhero cartoon, more people will see this then who read the comic.

> The bottom line is, I think the cartoon needs another writer...that way the people who love Hudlin's writing on the comic can still get the comic, and those who don't like his writing can hopefully like the cartoon if it is written by someone else. But Hudlin writing the comic AND the cartoon while running BET just seems like overkill to me.

Why don't you just wait and watch it before you decide that you don't like it.


Yo, I'm Serious.


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
Darius




I've been reading Hudlin's Panther run ever since it started, and have not been very impressed. So what sense does it make to "be objective", knowing that there is a 99% chance that his cartoon writing for the character will be exactly the same as his comic book writing for the character?

In order for me to "be objective," Hudlin would have to write a completely different character for the cartooon, which wouldn't make much sense if he's also writing the comic. Therefore, I feel that I have a pretty good idea as to how this cartoon will be...exactly like the comic, which is poorly written. This is my main argument.

And in all fairness, I think Hudlin SHOULD let other writers write the cartoon, instead of pushing HIS version of the Panther on us. We already have his version in comic book form...we don't need the SAME THING in cartoon form, too.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Darius




No, I have not seen any scripts, but since this cartoon will be written by the same writer as the comic book, how different can we expect the two mediums to be, dialogue-wise and such?

Now, this will be Heaven for people who love Hudlin's Panther run, but for those who don't, such as myself, it could be a problem watching the cartoon.

I mean, I WANT to watch the cartoon so badly,BUT knowing Hudlin will be writing it is giving me second thoughts. And all I have to do is re-read all the issues from his current run to KNOW why I am having second thoughts about watching the cartoon.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Serious








Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
Thatguy




> > > > > > ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.
> > > > >
> > > > > Well, it's obvious that neither Stan Lee or Christopher Priest have the same level of interest in doing an animated Black Panther.
> > > >
> > > > And? That's no reason to toss the origin that's stood the test of time with one Hudlin's shoe horned in.
> > >
> > > Look, when you're doing it, when you're putting up the money, you get to do what you want.
> >
> > I don't recall ever saying that Panther was mine in any way, so odd comment that.
>
> Like Primetime said, I didn't mean it literally, as in "you" personally. I meant it in the sense of the people who are doing it.

Makin' sure. You'd be amazed how many times I've been accused of thinking that I 'own' some character.
>
> > > And it's not like "Who Is The Black Panther" is some kind of polar opposite story in comparison to FF #52 and #53. The basics are still there: Klaw kills his father while T'Challa is a child, T'Challa as an adult takes his revenge.
> > >
> > > Anyone who reads FF #53 and "Who Is The Black Panther" side by side can clearly see that.
> >
> > Not really. One's epic, larger than life. The other is a ripoff of a better book and amounts to a failed home invasion.
>
> Well, of course everyone has their own opinion on the story. And one person's ripoff is another person's re-imagining.
>
> Overall, I thought the origin in FF #53 was good. I felt they could have done more with it, but for the few pages in a 1966 comic that it took up I thought it was fine. Hudlin's story was okay too. There were a few things I would have liked to have seen him do different (and here's his chance to do that), but on the whole I though it was fine too.
>
> And in the end, to me it's six of one, and half a dozen of another.

Not really. Quality wise, sure that's up to debate. But they are two very different origins each with different emphasize.
>
> > > (And if you haven't read both, sign up to Marvel Digital Comics for a month and read them and see for yourself.)
> > >
> > > > > In fact, in Priest's case, Hudlin tried for years to get Priest to write a Black Panther movie. Priest declined every time.
> > > >
> > > > Really? That's news to me. Got a link?
> > >
> > > No, the blog entry is no longer there. I read it on Priest's blog though, where he said it himself. So feel free to ask him.
> > >
> > > And how do you not know this, I thought this was common knowledge among us Black Panther geeks?
> >
> > I stopped following Priest's blog after he quit comics.
> > >
> > > When Wesley Snipes had the rights Hudlin was trying to get Priest to write the movie. Priest isn't a big fan of Hollywood so he turned him down.
> >
> > Actually, he wasn't/isn't a big fan of Marvel comics bending over backwards for Hollywood types while guys who did it all their lives were shunned. What's more, he was always concerned that someone would wipe away his work on T'Challa (and here I thought he was worrying for nothing). Given that Hudlin did exactly that, is it any wonder Priest turned him down?
>
> Hey, you were the one talking about this getting precedent over Stan Lee and Priest's work. I'm just saying they obviously don't have the same level of interest in doing what Reggie Hudlin wants to do, and is doing. And Priest's reasons (whether his private ones are different from his public ones) for turning him down years ago isn't Hudlin's fault. It is what it is.

It's Marvel's character, so Hudlin hardly has a right to run only what he wants to do.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Serious




> Not really. Quality wise, sure that's up to debate. But they are two very different origins each with different emphasize.

Yeah, I guess.

Just to use an example though: look at it like John Byrne's Superman origin and Sigel and Schuster's origin. Yes, there's differences, but the basics are still there.

And at the end of the day it's not like it's going to matter, because it's not like there's a lot of people who are familiar with FF #53, or the Black Panther for that matter.

> It's Marvel's character, so Hudlin hardly has a right to run only what he wants to do.

Please don't act like you're that dense. It's stated that it's going to be based off of "Who Is The Black Panther." That's a story approved by and printed in a Marvel comic.

It's not like Hudlin is going to make T'Challa a teacher in Brooklyn or something. \=\)


Yo, I'm Serious


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X
R.Shabazz




What a rip off eight episodes why even bother, why couldn't it be a whole season i.e. 15 to 18 episodes. This a big slap in the face, the look of the series should not be like the Ultimate-Avengers that was cheap.



The animation should be like Akira or the new Batman, animated movie very simialr to the animation of other manga's like steamboy.



Marvel has a way of F*****g up viable franchises, like the Punisher needs a descent budget ManThing needed mooooooooooore money. If any C.E.O. of Marvel is reading this take heed if, your not going respect the character then dont bother period!





R.Shabazz



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
vermin




That guy Thatguy will never allow anyone to speak ill of his priest, Priest, even if it is true.

> > > > > > ...I'm almost speechless. The worst Black Panther writer yet, and his take is given precedent over that of Stan Lee and Priest, seasoned vets of story telling.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Thatguy




> That guy Thatguy will never allow anyone to speak ill of his priest, Priest, even if it is true.

Says Hudlin, the man who will admit no wrong and actively lessens the character that you are writing.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Lamont




How could he possibly add the creative chores of the animated series to his workload? I don't have the problem with RH that many here amazingly still have but isn't this venture particularly well suited to Dwayne McDuffie's resume?

Peace,

Mont

> Someone else besides Hudlin needs to write the Panther. How is he going to find the time to run BET, write the comic AND write the Panther cartoon?
>
> There are so many things wrong with this scenario, I don't even know where to begin.
>
> I think they should get another writer for the Panther cartoon, plain and simple. And basing the animation designs solely on the current run because Hudlin is writing it right now seems like a slap in the face to all the writers and artists who worked on previous incarnations of the Panther.
>
> And not only do we get to read a poorly-written Panther comic, we will also get to WATCH a poorly-written Panther cartoon, which is basically a rehash of what we have ALREADY read in the poorly-written comic book, because all of it has been written by the SAME guy.
>
> This is not good at all.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software