Comic Battle >> View Thread

Author
Orion




Honestly, who wins?


Check out The Comic Edge Forums!!!!!!!








Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Maestro




> Honestly, who wins?
>

They stalemated in their last encounter but honestly ?

Spidey has too many advantages such as agility, speed, 10-20 times as strong as Cap and then you throw in the Spider Sense. All of this more than counters any advantage Cap might have in fighting skills and experience. Spidey wipes the floor wtih Cap 9 out of 10 times.

>
> Check out The Comic Edge Forums!!!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Bootch




> > Honestly, who wins?
> >
>
> They stalemated in their last encounter but honestly ?
>
> Spidey has too many advantages such as agility, speed, 10-20 times as strong as Cap and then you throw in the Spider Sense. All of this more than counters any advantage Cap might have in fighting skills and experience. Spidey wipes the floor wtih Cap 9 out of 10 times.
>
> >
> > Check out The Comic Edge Forums!!!!!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Maestro




> > > Honestly, who wins?
> > >
> >
> > They stalemated in their last encounter but honestly ?
> >
> > Spidey has too many advantages such as agility, speed, 10-20 times as strong as Cap and then you throw in the Spider Sense. All of this more than counters any advantage Cap might have in fighting skills and experience. Spidey wipes the floor wtih Cap 9 out of 10 times.
> >
> > >
> > > Check out The Comic Edge Forums!!!!!!!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Bootch




WW2 didn't last 10 years. Spidey is one of the few pro-active superheroes. Unlike Cap, he doesn't actually sit around in a mansion or HQ waiting for trouble or to have it reported to him by shield, he actually goes out on patrols and looks for it. When it comes to combat experience, Spidey is more experience than Cap.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Maestro




> WW2 didn't last 10 years. Spidey is one of the few pro-active superheroes. Unlike Cap, he doesn't actually sit around in a mansion or HQ waiting for trouble or to have it reported to him by shield, he actually goes out on patrols and looks for it. When it comes to combat experience, Spidey is more experience than Cap.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
dave




> > Honestly, who wins?
> >
>
> They stalemated in their last encounter but honestly ?
>

They did not stalemate. They barely even fought. The entire fight, according to the comic, lasted ten seconds, during which Pete was wigging out about having to fight his buddy. It ended, after ten seconds, with Pete saying that he could beat him.

> Spidey has too many advantages such as agility, speed, 10-20 times as strong as Cap and then you throw in the Spider Sense. All of this more than counters any advantage Cap might have in fighting skills and experience. Spidey wipes the floor wtih Cap 9 out of 10 times.
>

I wouldn't say 9/10 only because Cap has been written down in previous years. He does have super human abilities. Read his book. He's much faster and stronger than a normal person or good athlete. He can hang with Spidey a bit because of his fighting ability. However, there is no way Cap should hit Spiderman. Speed and spider sense.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Maximum Man




NT


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.9 on MacOS X
Lord Fear




NT

*****************************************************************************************






"And they complained when I smacked my wife."



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Lord Fear




One has to wonder exactly how many campaigns Cap fought in before he was frozen.
*****************************************************************************************






"And they complained when I smacked my wife."



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Maximum Man




Cap spent his time fighting Korvac's minions and organizing a resistance movement against Korvac. Cap never sat behind the scenes. He led the attacks against Korvac. But ultimately when he confronted Korvac, Korvac killed him. And then the time loop would reset.

But Korvac fixed it so that Cap would remember everything that happened. (It was his way of tortuing Cap)

It went on for years until Korvac's minions turned against him. Then Korvac realized how futile it was to keep killing Cap, so he sent him back to his true reality.

Slibe.com - Free Image Picture Photo Hosting Service


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.9 on MacOS X
Maestro




> > > Honestly, who wins?
> > >
> >
> > They stalemated in their last encounter but honestly ?
> >
>
> They did not stalemate. They barely even fought. The entire fight, according to the comic, lasted ten seconds, during which Pete was wigging out about having to fight his buddy. It ended, after ten seconds, with Pete saying that he could beat him.
>

Even 10 seconds is considered a fight (and it did last a helluva lot longer than 10 seconds... I'm not sure what comic you were reading) since someone can get beaten in ten seconds. But again, if you say they didn't stalemate who exactly won the encounter ?

> > Spidey has too many advantages such as agility, speed, 10-20 times as strong as Cap and then you throw in the Spider Sense. All of this more than counters any advantage Cap might have in fighting skills and experience. Spidey wipes the floor wtih Cap 9 out of 10 times.
> >
>
> I wouldn't say 9/10 only because Cap has been written down in previous years. He does have super human abilities. Read his book. He's much faster and stronger than a normal person or good athlete. He can hang with Spidey a bit because of his fighting ability. However, there is no way Cap should hit Spiderman. Speed and spider sense.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that Spiderman should win 10/10 times or that my 9/10 was being too hard on Cap ?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Reedification





This statement proves that you dont read marvel comics at least not very many, which may be where your opinion that DC is WWAAAAYYY more powerfull than marvel comes. just saying.

> > > Honestly, who wins?
> > >
> >
> > They stalemated in their last encounter but honestly ?
> >
> > Spidey has too many advantages such as agility, speed, 10-20 times as strong as Cap and then you throw in the Spider Sense. All of this more than counters any advantage Cap might have in fighting skills and experience. Spidey wipes the floor wtih Cap 9 out of 10 times.
> >
> > >
> > > Check out The Comic Edge Forums!!!!!!!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
dave




> Even 10 seconds is considered a fight (and it did last a helluva lot longer than 10 seconds... I'm not sure what comic you were reading) since someone can get beaten in ten seconds. But again, if you say they didn't stalemate who exactly won the encounter ?
>

It only lasted ten seconds, except of course for the last blow. Pete said "it's only been ten seconds" right before he hit him. It says so right in the comic. This was the last encounter and was written by JMS. It occured during when the anti-regs were attacking the convoy.

> > > Spidey has too many advantages such as agility, speed, 10-20 times as strong as Cap and then you throw in the Spider Sense. All of this more than counters any advantage Cap might have in fighting skills and experience. Spidey wipes the floor wtih Cap 9 out of 10 times.
> > >
> >
> > I wouldn't say 9/10 only because Cap has been written down in previous years. He does have super human abilities. Read his book. He's much faster and stronger than a normal person or good athlete. He can hang with Spidey a bit because of his fighting ability. However, there is no way Cap should hit Spiderman. Speed and spider sense.
>
> I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that Spiderman should win 10/10 times or that my 9/10 was being too hard on Cap ?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I think the 9/10 may be a little unfair to Cap if you were to take him at his current levels. Classic Cap loses 9/10. I think current Cap could do better. The tactician factor allows him to use his background and that would get him at least 2/10. Most super fights end using a prop.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software