Comic Battle >> View Thread

Author
gumbo




Is it Power Girl? Supergirl? Superman?

How about potentially if not right off the bat?

Hypothetically speaking where could GL's or Martian Manhunter factor into this if they are allowed to boost their stats to the maximum level?

Sorcerors etc....

Basically two categories

A.) Who is the strongest right off the bat

B.) Who is potentially the strongest?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98
Progressive Lantern




Not reading the current Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters limited series? Guess who can grow at giant size, throw a guy off-planet, and is able to perform some magical feats? Clue: Spectre can, but it's not him I'm talking about.



> Is it Power Girl? Supergirl? Superman?

None of them.


> How about potentially if not right off the bat?
>
> Hypothetically speaking where could GL's or Martian Manhunter factor into this if they are allowed to boost their stats to the maximum level?

I don't think so, but they'd be even more formidable than they already are if they did this. J'onn would surely surpass Superman.


> Sorcerors etc....
>
> Basically two categories
>
> A.) Who is the strongest right off the bat


Spectre.

>
> B.) Who is potentially the strongest?


Uncle Sam or Phantom Stranger.




"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"
> (by Ash Williams, from Army of Darkness).


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
bd2999




Who is Uncle Sam? And is Phantom Stranger really that strong? I mean I know he is very powerful but the fe showings of him I have and have seen he is usually just the guide or everyone respects that he is uber.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Progressive Lantern




> Who is Uncle Sam?


The leader of the Freedom Fighters, and the incarnated spirit of the USA.


> And is Phantom Stranger really that strong?


Well, not sure if he's physically strong, but with all his mystical power, he should be pretty much up there alongside some of the greatest mystical beings.


> I mean I know he is very powerful but the fe showings of him I have and have seen he is usually just the guide or everyone respects that he is uber.


Personally, I think that they tend to use him in the "guide" capacity because it'd be very easy turning him into a "Deus Ex Machina" type of character if they had him actually fighting evil-doers by himself.




"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"
(by Ash Williams, from Army of Darkness).


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Bootch




> I don't think so, but they'd be even more formidable than they already are if they did this. J'onn would surely surpass Superman.

I haven't read much with MM in of late, other than when he's jobbing. The last time I felt he was taken seriously was during Morrison's JLA run. Sure, Kelly had him as Fernus, but his writing was generally full of dumb feats like Flash/S. Korea evacuation. Is MM formidable again or just a jobber?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Progressive Lantern




> > I don't think so, but they'd be even more formidable than they already are if they did this. J'onn would surely surpass Superman.
>
> I haven't read much with MM in of late, other than when he's jobbing.


He jobs all the time. Or at least he used to... the problem is, that he's so much around Superman's level, that if he was written more warrior-like, he'd sure surpass the kryptonian. And being Superman the #1 DC franchise, it'd annoy a lot of fans if they had him beaten by a superhero of much lesser commercial value. I think. I can be wrong. Don't take my word on it.



> The last time I felt he was taken seriously was during Morrison's JLA run. Sure, Kelly had him as Fernus, but his writing was generally full of dumb feats like Flash/S. Korea evacuation. Is MM formidable again or just a jobber?


We don't know yet.
He's more driven, sure, but so far in his current 8-issue Limited Series (which is currently at issue #4, if I'm not mistaken) he hasn't yet fought a villain with a matching power-set/levels, as he's helping a bunch of other green martians (yes, you read right... other alive green martians) escaping from a Government-like agency who used to experiment on them. So, his foe there is just a Gov agency with lots of ressources and weapons, led by a sexy (but evil and mean) Gov lady, not any bulky superpowered alien.





"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"
(by Ash Williams, from Army of Darkness).


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Bootch




> > > I don't think so, but they'd be even more formidable than they already are if they did this. J'onn would surely surpass Superman.
> >
> > I haven't read much with MM in of late, other than when he's jobbing.
>
>
> He jobs all the time. Or at least he used to... the problem is, that he's so much around Superman's level, that if he was written more warrior-like, he'd sure surpass the kryptonian. And being Superman the #1 DC franchise, it'd annoy a lot of fans if they had him beaten by a superhero of much lesser commercial value. I think. I can be wrong. Don't take my word on it.
>
>
>
> > The last time I felt he was taken seriously was during Morrison's JLA run. Sure, Kelly had him as Fernus, but his writing was generally full of dumb feats like Flash/S. Korea evacuation. Is MM formidable again or just a jobber?
>
>
> We don't know yet.
> He's more driven, sure, but so far in his current 8-issue Limited Series (which is currently at issue #4, if I'm not mistaken) he hasn't yet fought a villain with a matching power-set/levels, as he's helping a bunch of other green martians (yes, you read right... other alive green martians) escaping from a Government-like agency who used to experiment on them. So, his foe there is just a Gov agency with lots of ressources and weapons, led by a sexy (but evil and mean) Gov lady, not any bulky superpowered alien.
>
>
>
>
>
> "Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"
> (by Ash Williams, from Army of Darkness).


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software