Comic Battle >> View Thread

Author
MB




If Batman needed to, could he defeat and kill and angry Superman without green Kryptonite or any of its isotopes?

I've seen Batman dish out some brutality on Superman, but in most cases, as evil Supergirl comments, it's 'tricks' at best. Or, Batman dishes out the pain while using green K to otherwise weaken Superman. He's used sonics, electricity, etc, and while harming him, I'm not sure I've seen any alternate tricks actually down Superman to the point where Batman could kill him.

So if Batman didn't have Kryptonite (perhaps it never made it to earth), has he ever demonstrated an ability to still be able to kill Superman if the need arose?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.9 on Windows XP
chen




Batman for all his skill and intelligence is still a normal human. The only way he could ever beat someone with super powers is by exploiting a weakness. He's never going to outpower anyone with super strength, only outhink them. So with no Kryptonite Bruce has almost zero chance against a Supes who WANTS to beat Bruce.

The only possible way he could do it is through magic and I'm sure if it came down to it DC would write Batman as having some kind of magical backup (ala Zatana or Fate) or even have Bruce become "Batman, DC's Sorcerer Supreme" \:\-p .


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
MB




> Batman for all his skill and intelligence is still a normal human. The only way he could ever beat someone with super powers is by exploiting a weakness. He's never going to outpower anyone with super strength, only outhink them. So with no Kryptonite Bruce has almost zero chance against a Supes who WANTS to beat Bruce.
>
So you don't think Batman could devise a machine capable of electrical shock on a lethal level? Or special armor with sufficient strength to physically best him?

I'm not entirely convinced either. But in theory, Batman wouldn't have to win through the sole weakness (Kryptonite).


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.9 on Windows XP
chen




> > Batman for all his skill and intelligence is still a normal human. The only way he could ever beat someone with super powers is by exploiting a weakness. He's never going to outpower anyone with super strength, only outhink them. So with no Kryptonite Bruce has almost zero chance against a Supes who WANTS to beat Bruce.
> >
> So you don't think Batman could devise a machine capable of electrical shock on a lethal level? Or special armor with sufficient strength to physically best him?
>
> I'm not entirely convinced either. But in theory, Batman wouldn't have to win through the sole weakness (Kryptonite).
>
Nowadays the only electricity that could hurt Supes is magical lightening bolts and even then it takes 4 or 5 just to bring him to his knees. He's been hit with enough electricity to power a city a couple times and it only stunned him for a bit.

As for an suit of armor that's stronger than Supes, it's pretty unlikely since he's almost at his PC strength level now. Even if Bruce did make one all Clark would have to do is perform a Sundip and he would easily overpower any suit Bruce could build.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
dvlish




> If Batman needed to, could he defeat and kill and angry Superman without green Kryptonite or any of its isotopes?
>
> I've seen Batman dish out some brutality on Superman, but in most cases, as evil Supergirl comments, it's 'tricks' at best. Or, Batman dishes out the pain while using green K to otherwise weaken Superman. He's used sonics, electricity, etc, and while harming him, I'm not sure I've seen any alternate tricks actually down Superman to the point where Batman could kill him.
>
> So if Batman didn't have Kryptonite (perhaps it never made it to earth), has he ever demonstrated an ability to still be able to kill Superman if the need arose?


Theoretically, with prep, Batman would be able to defeat anyone by creating some deus ex machina gadget to save the day. But realistically, IMO, no.





Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
MB




> > If Batman needed to, could he defeat and kill and angry Superman without green Kryptonite or any of its isotopes?
> >
> > I've seen Batman dish out some brutality on Superman, but in most cases, as evil Supergirl comments, it's 'tricks' at best. Or, Batman dishes out the pain while using green K to otherwise weaken Superman. He's used sonics, electricity, etc, and while harming him, I'm not sure I've seen any alternate tricks actually down Superman to the point where Batman could kill him.
> >
> > So if Batman didn't have Kryptonite (perhaps it never made it to earth), has he ever demonstrated an ability to still be able to kill Superman if the need arose?
>
>
> Theoretically, with prep, Batman would be able to defeat anyone by creating some deus ex machina gadget to save the day. But realistically, IMO, no.

But what machine could he make? Even allowing for mastery of all fields - what could kill Superman?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.9 on Windows XP
Daniel Craig




> If Batman needed to, could he defeat and kill and angry Superman without green Kryptonite or any of its isotopes?
>
> I've seen Batman dish out some brutality on Superman, but in most cases, as evil Supergirl comments, it's 'tricks' at best. Or, Batman dishes out the pain while using green K to otherwise weaken Superman. He's used sonics, electricity, etc, and while harming him, I'm not sure I've seen any alternate tricks actually down Superman to the point where Batman could kill him.
>
> So if Batman didn't have Kryptonite (perhaps it never made it to earth), has he ever demonstrated an ability to still be able to kill Superman if the need arose?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
MB




Batman can use all his money and tech, but has to do the deed himself. Possible?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.9 on Windows XP
dvlish





> >
> > Theoretically, with prep, Batman would be able to defeat anyone by creating some deus ex machina gadget to save the day. But realistically, IMO, no.
>
> But what machine could he make? Even allowing for mastery of all fields - what could kill Superman?

IIRC, in Morrison's JLA Batman had a hand in designing or improving the Watchtower's teleportation system... all he'd have to do is make something that would be able to teleport Supes into a Red Sun or teleport different parts of Supes' body to different parts of the universe.

Also, in Superman: Red Son, The Russian Bats had trapped Supes in a place surrounded by red sun lamps and proceeded to give him the beat down.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Would Be Watcher




> If Batman needed to, could he defeat and kill and angry Superman without green Kryptonite or any of its isotopes?
>
> I've seen Batman dish out some brutality on Superman, but in most cases, as evil Supergirl comments, it's 'tricks' at best. Or, Batman dishes out the pain while using green K to otherwise weaken Superman. He's used sonics, electricity, etc, and while harming him, I'm not sure I've seen any alternate tricks actually down Superman to the point where Batman could kill him.
>
> So if Batman didn't have Kryptonite (perhaps it never made it to earth), has he ever demonstrated an ability to still be able to kill Superman if the need arose?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Daniel Craig




> Batman can use all his money and tech, but has to do the deed himself. Possible?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Daniel Craig




>
> > >
> > > Theoretically, with prep, Batman would be able to defeat anyone by creating some deus ex machina gadget to save the day. But realistically, IMO, no.
> >
> > But what machine could he make? Even allowing for mastery of all fields - what could kill Superman?
>
> IIRC, in Morrison's JLA Batman had a hand in designing or improving the Watchtower's teleportation system... all he'd have to do is make something that would be able to teleport Supes into a Red Sun or teleport different parts of Supes' body to different parts of the universe.
>
> Also, in Superman: Red Son, The Russian Bats had trapped Supes in a place surrounded by red sun lamps and proceeded to give him the beat down.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Bifrost




> If Batman needed to, could he defeat and kill and angry Superman

NO!


without green Kryptonite or any of its isotopes?
>
> I've seen Batman dish out some brutality on Superman, but in most cases, as evil Supergirl comments, it's 'tricks' at best. Or, Batman dishes out the pain while using green K to otherwise weaken Superman. He's used sonics, electricity, etc, and while harming him, I'm not sure I've seen any alternate tricks actually down Superman to the point where Batman could kill him.
>
> So if Batman didn't have Kryptonite (perhaps it never made it to earth), has he ever demonstrated an ability to still be able to kill Superman if the need arose?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software