Comic Battle >> View Thread
1 2  >> All
Author
JesusFan




Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Olympian




> Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?

Not likely.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Lord Majestros




> Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?

Lord Majestros:
Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
JesusFan




> > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
>
> Lord Majestros:
> Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.

Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Olympian




> > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> >
> > Lord Majestros:
> > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
>
> Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?

That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Daveym




> Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?


I say Nay.

Given he was a match near enough for that almighty version of Superman I think he'd be outside of the Hulks ability to beat.
Pre-Crisis DC were on a whole other level generally, their heroes were invincible and their villains had to be immensely powerful to compete. Mongul is going to be a couple of notches or more than Hulk can handle....


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
rukkdeez




> > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > >
> > > Lord Majestros:
> > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> >
> > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
>
> That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.

Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Would Be Watcher




> > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > >
> > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > >
> > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> >
> > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
>
> Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?

a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
nightman




if mongul can put a planet together like the hulk did, then he can defeat him. I doubt it.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
JesusFan




> > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > >
> > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > >
> > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> >
> > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
>
> Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?

Probably because the majority of people feel that IF Hulk/Supes had to fight in earnest against each other... That it would be a close call, but Supes should be able to deliver the goods same way at end of the fight...

And do remember reading that even the writers/editors over at Marvel at the time were under the distinct impression that logically IF the fight between the two were to occur... Should be the same result, as even Marvel realised that Supes in the realm of Comis-cs was/is "da man"...


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
JesusFan




> if mongul can put a planet together like the hulk did, then he can defeat him. I doubt it.

Well... Mongul could take the very best that PC Supes could give him punch wise... And that Supes WAS able to move Planets, and rip apart stars if need be...

So think Mongul would definitely put the "slumber hold" on the Hulk!


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
nightman




give this hulk time; he will eventually surpass every character, DC or marvel strength wise. That at least is the way he is written.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Daveym




> give this hulk time; he will eventually surpass every character, DC or marvel strength wise. That at least is the way he is written.

*Cough* Thor? Namor? Juggernaut? Destroyer? Hercules? Maestro? Thanos?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
nightman




well, hulk is already stronger than thor. As for the rest, wait and see. \:\-\)


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
nightman




hmmm, i seem to remember a DC/marvel crossover that pitted hulk against supes; the result, a stalemate.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
rukkdeez




> > > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > > >
> > > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > > >
> > > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> > >
> > > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
> >
> > Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?
>
> a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.

So the story would be "well written" ONLY if Supes is victorious. And if the Hulk happened to win, it just HAS to be a job or plot device eh? And this is why? Because YOU wouldn't believe it otherwise. Anything other than a Superman victory would constitute a poorly written story. According to YOU. I see.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Lord Majestros




> hmmm, i seem to remember a DC/marvel crossover that pitted hulk against supes; the result, a stalemate.

Lord Majestros:
If you're talking about the Superman/Spider-Man crossover, Hulk's anger had to be artificially driven up by a device of Dr. Doom's for PC Superman to even begin to notice his punches. Supes was literally standing there and letting Hulk hit him at one point and acted like he didn't even feel it.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
rukkdeez




> > hmmm, i seem to remember a DC/marvel crossover that pitted hulk against supes; the result, a stalemate.
>
> Lord Majestros:
> If you're talking about the Superman/Spider-Man crossover, Hulk's anger had to be artificially driven up by a device of Dr. Doom's for PC Superman to even begin to notice his punches. Supes was literally standing there and letting Hulk hit him at one point and acted like he didn't even feel it.
What you say is true, however if you recall, Hulk's first punch not only sent Supes flying, but had him momentarily knocked out as well. And Superman had to put his mind to it in order to just stand there and take Hulk's punches. Moreover, as Hulk was getting stronger, Supes actually had to start blocking the punches because he was beginning to feel them.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Would Be Watcher




> > > > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > > > >
> > > > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> > > >
> > > > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
> > >
> > > Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?
> >
> > a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.
>
> So the story would be "well written" ONLY if Supes is victorious. And if the Hulk happened to win, it just HAS to be a job or plot device eh? And this is why? Because YOU wouldn't believe it otherwise. Anything other than a Superman victory would constitute a poorly written story. According to YOU. I see.

explain me how you can see hulk winning? written well = If both use all they have correctly. Hulk wont lay a finger on supes.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
would be watcher




> > > hmmm, i seem to remember a DC/marvel crossover that pitted hulk against supes; the result, a stalemate.
> >
> > Lord Majestros:
> > If you're talking about the Superman/Spider-Man crossover, Hulk's anger had to be artificially driven up by a device of Dr. Doom's for PC Superman to even begin to notice his punches. Supes was literally standing there and letting Hulk hit him at one point and acted like he didn't even feel it.
> What you say is true, however if you recall, Hulk's first punch not only sent Supes flying, but had him momentarily knocked out as well. And Superman had to put his mind to it in order to just stand there and take Hulk's punches. Moreover, as Hulk was getting stronger, Supes actually had to start blocking the punches because he was beginning to feel them.

"Fist that can shatter mountains slam again and again into the man who can move planets". This sentence pretty much sum it all. Superman took all hulk could throw at him and did not budge. Just imagine what would have happened if he would have fought back. Hulk was no match.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Lord Majestros




> > > hmmm, i seem to remember a DC/marvel crossover that pitted hulk against supes; the result, a stalemate.
> >
> > Lord Majestros:
> > If you're talking about the Superman/Spider-Man crossover, Hulk's anger had to be artificially driven up by a device of Dr. Doom's for PC Superman to even begin to notice his punches. Supes was literally standing there and letting Hulk hit him at one point and acted like he didn't even feel it.
> What you say is true, however if you recall, Hulk's first punch not only sent Supes flying, but had him momentarily knocked out as well. And Superman had to put his mind to it in order to just stand there and take Hulk's punches. Moreover, as Hulk was getting stronger, Supes actually had to start blocking the punches because he was beginning to feel them.

Lord Majestros:
Superman tossed Hulk into wall IIRC and rubble came down on Hulk. Supes thought he was KOed and went over to check on him and Hulk sent him flying out of the city. There was ZERO indication Supes was KOed by this. Supes was able to stand there and take the punches he took because unlike the other punch, he was ready for it. Supes even made a comment to this effect to Spider-Man about not being ready for the other punch and that this was not the case now and basically said when he didn't want to be moved, no force on earth could move him. And again, the main point of this was that this Hulk's rage had to be artificially driven up by an outside force (Doom's device) to even begin to bother the Superman he was fighting. It was an alternate earth where Marvel and DC characters both existed so the whole thing's a moot point anyway.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Kwan Jang Nim




> > > hmmm, i seem to remember a DC/marvel crossover that pitted hulk against supes; the result, a stalemate.
> >
> > Lord Majestros:
> > If you're talking about the Superman/Spider-Man crossover, Hulk's anger had to be artificially driven up by a device of Dr. Doom's for PC Superman to even begin to notice his punches. Supes was literally standing there and letting Hulk hit him at one point and acted like he didn't even feel it.
> What you say is true, however if you recall, Hulk's first punch not only sent Supes flying, but had him momentarily knocked out as well. And Superman had to put his mind to it in order to just stand there and take Hulk's punches. Moreover, as Hulk was getting stronger, Supes actually had to start blocking the punches because he was beginning to feel them.

>>There was never ANY indication that Superman was "momentarily knocked out". This is a lame creation of some Hulk-fans that has no basis in what happened in continuity. You are correct that Superman was beginning to feel the punches, but he was never enough of a threat that Superman felt the need to fight back (and thereby slaughter the Hulk).


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Steven




> Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?

Absolutely no idea who Mongul is, but the PC era in DCU was like eveyother character was able to bench press a small planet. Basically PC era DCU was in a compeletly different league to Marvel U. Comparing the two is a complete waste of time and a pointless excerise DCU has by far more powerful characters.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
rukkdeez




> > > > > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > > > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> > > > >
> > > > > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
> > > >
> > > > Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?
> > >
> > > a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.
> >
> > So the story would be "well written" ONLY if Supes is victorious. And if the Hulk happened to win, it just HAS to be a job or plot device eh? And this is why? Because YOU wouldn't believe it otherwise. Anything other than a Superman victory would constitute a poorly written story. According to YOU. I see.
>
> explain me how you can see hulk winning? written well = If both use all they have correctly. Hulk wont lay a finger on supes.

You could say that against nearly every single person Superman fights. You and everyone else who continues to use the "speed blitz", or "superspeed" thing should really stop doing that. Superman doesn't fight that way and just because certain of you want him to DOES NOT mean that when he doesn't, it's a poorly written story.

Quite frankly, there ARE no "poorly written" or "well written" stories. It's all a matter of point of view. You say a well written story constitutes Superman speed jackin' Hulk or anybody else for that matter, but SOMEONE else could say a well written story is that Superman didn't realize how tough the Hulk was and when he finally did give Hulk his due, it was too late! Hulk was now too impervious to harm(a legitimate aspect of his power)for ANYTHING Supes could do to affect him. Now YOU may find that to be bullcrap, but the next fan(who has every right to believe what he/she wants to believe same as you)may think this is the best written story in the history of literature. Oh and trying to use the "rabid fan" excuse is weak, because the same could be said in the other direction.

And I just realized it but I did indeed give you an "instance" where Hulk could beat Superman...."if written correctly".


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Would Be Watcher




> > > > > > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > > > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > > > > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?
> > > >
> > > > a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.
> > >
> > > So the story would be "well written" ONLY if Supes is victorious. And if the Hulk happened to win, it just HAS to be a job or plot device eh? And this is why? Because YOU wouldn't believe it otherwise. Anything other than a Superman victory would constitute a poorly written story. According to YOU. I see.
> >
> > explain me how you can see hulk winning? written well = If both use all they have correctly. Hulk wont lay a finger on supes.
>
> You could say that against nearly every single person Superman fights. You and everyone else who continues to use the "speed blitz", or "superspeed" thing should really stop doing that. Superman doesn't fight that way and just because certain of you want him to DOES NOT mean that when he doesn't, it's a poorly written story.
>

IT's a FACT that he can fight like that. I can't help it. People scream when MM forget to use his intangibility and I agree that it is bad. No excuse. Also Superman could simply fly above hulk and zap him until he fall. The only way hulk can win is if we throw a red carpet for hulk and glue superman on the ground. Like that yeah hulk would eventualy win. otherwise I would have to be really dumb not to find a way to remove him. Even if he went on a rage for hours and hours and came to be billions of time stronger and impervious than superman he would still not fly and would still weight half a ton... so he could be disposed of to a place he would chill out litteraly.

> Quite frankly, there ARE no "poorly written" or "well written" stories. It's all a matter of point of view. You say a well written story constitutes Superman speed jackin' Hulk or anybody else for that matter, but SOMEONE else could say a well written story is that Superman didn't realize how tough the Hulk was and when he finally did give Hulk his due, it was too late! Hulk was now too impervious to harm(a legitimate aspect of his power)for ANYTHING Supes could do to affect him. Now YOU may find that to be bullcrap, but the next fan(who has every right to believe what he/she wants to believe same as you)may think this is the best written story in the history of literature. Oh and trying to use the "rabid fan" excuse is weak, because the same could be said in the other direction.
>

I agree that it is a question of perspective but the idea is they have to advantage the hulk or there is no battle at all. I didn't insult anybody by calling them "rabbid fan"... yet. And i never said the hulk can't be stronger than superman... eventualy. It's not a question of strengh only its a question of having so much more than the other to win. What seam so unreasonnable?

> And I just realized it but I did indeed give you an "instance" where Hulk could beat Superman...."if written correctly".

Yeah you have to hope for a merciless hulk and a naive superman who would not be able to fly away when he realised that he messed up... might work.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
rukkdeez




> > > > > > > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > > > > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > > > > > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?
> > > > >
> > > > > a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.
> > > >
> > > > So the story would be "well written" ONLY if Supes is victorious. And if the Hulk happened to win, it just HAS to be a job or plot device eh? And this is why? Because YOU wouldn't believe it otherwise. Anything other than a Superman victory would constitute a poorly written story. According to YOU. I see.
> > >
> > > explain me how you can see hulk winning? written well = If both use all they have correctly. Hulk wont lay a finger on supes.
> >
> > You could say that against nearly every single person Superman fights. You and everyone else who continues to use the "speed blitz", or "superspeed" thing should really stop doing that. Superman doesn't fight that way and just because certain of you want him to DOES NOT mean that when he doesn't, it's a poorly written story.
> >
>
> IT's a FACT that he can fight like that. I can't help it. People scream when MM forget to use his intangibility and I agree that it is bad. No excuse. Also Superman could simply fly above hulk and zap him until he fall. The only way hulk can win is if we throw a red carpet for hulk and glue superman on the ground. Like that yeah hulk would eventualy win. otherwise I would have to be really dumb not to find a way to remove him. Even if he went on a rage for hours and hours and came to be billions of time stronger and impervious than superman he would still not fly and would still weight half a ton... so he could be disposed of to a place he would chill out litteraly.
>
> > Quite frankly, there ARE no "poorly written" or "well written" stories. It's all a matter of point of view. You say a well written story constitutes Superman speed jackin' Hulk or anybody else for that matter, but SOMEONE else could say a well written story is that Superman didn't realize how tough the Hulk was and when he finally did give Hulk his due, it was too late! Hulk was now too impervious to harm(a legitimate aspect of his power)for ANYTHING Supes could do to affect him. Now YOU may find that to be bullcrap, but the next fan(who has every right to believe what he/she wants to believe same as you)may think this is the best written story in the history of literature. Oh and trying to use the "rabid fan" excuse is weak, because the same could be said in the other direction.
> >
>
> I agree that it is a question of perspective but the idea is they have to advantage the hulk or there is no battle at all. I didn't insult anybody by calling them "rabbid fan"... yet. And i never said the hulk can't be stronger than superman... eventualy. It's not a question of strengh only its a question of having so much more than the other to win. What seam so unreasonnable?

I didn't say YOU claimed the "rabid fan" excuse. I was saying the use of that excuse in the face of adversity is weak.
>
> > And I just realized it but I did indeed give you an "instance" where Hulk could beat Superman...."if written correctly".
>
> Yeah you have to hope for a merciless hulk and a naive superman who would not be able to fly away when he realised that he messed up... might work.

But don't you see? YOU just came up with a "poorly written" result! Superman would NEVER fly away even if he knew the odds were against him. By trying to downplay my argument, you merely proved my point for me.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Would Be Watcher




> > > > > > > > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > > > > > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > > > > > > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.
> > > > >
> > > > > So the story would be "well written" ONLY if Supes is victorious. And if the Hulk happened to win, it just HAS to be a job or plot device eh? And this is why? Because YOU wouldn't believe it otherwise. Anything other than a Superman victory would constitute a poorly written story. According to YOU. I see.
> > > >
> > > > explain me how you can see hulk winning? written well = If both use all they have correctly. Hulk wont lay a finger on supes.
> > >
> > > You could say that against nearly every single person Superman fights. You and everyone else who continues to use the "speed blitz", or "superspeed" thing should really stop doing that. Superman doesn't fight that way and just because certain of you want him to DOES NOT mean that when he doesn't, it's a poorly written story.
> > >
> >
> > IT's a FACT that he can fight like that. I can't help it. People scream when MM forget to use his intangibility and I agree that it is bad. No excuse. Also Superman could simply fly above hulk and zap him until he fall. The only way hulk can win is if we throw a red carpet for hulk and glue superman on the ground. Like that yeah hulk would eventualy win. otherwise I would have to be really dumb not to find a way to remove him. Even if he went on a rage for hours and hours and came to be billions of time stronger and impervious than superman he would still not fly and would still weight half a ton... so he could be disposed of to a place he would chill out litteraly.
> >
> > > Quite frankly, there ARE no "poorly written" or "well written" stories. It's all a matter of point of view. You say a well written story constitutes Superman speed jackin' Hulk or anybody else for that matter, but SOMEONE else could say a well written story is that Superman didn't realize how tough the Hulk was and when he finally did give Hulk his due, it was too late! Hulk was now too impervious to harm(a legitimate aspect of his power)for ANYTHING Supes could do to affect him. Now YOU may find that to be bullcrap, but the next fan(who has every right to believe what he/she wants to believe same as you)may think this is the best written story in the history of literature. Oh and trying to use the "rabid fan" excuse is weak, because the same could be said in the other direction.
> > >
> >
> > I agree that it is a question of perspective but the idea is they have to advantage the hulk or there is no battle at all. I didn't insult anybody by calling them "rabbid fan"... yet. And i never said the hulk can't be stronger than superman... eventualy. It's not a question of strengh only its a question of having so much more than the other to win. What seam so unreasonnable?
>
> I didn't say YOU claimed the "rabid fan" excuse. I was saying the use of that excuse in the face of adversity is weak.
> >

I agree.

> > > And I just realized it but I did indeed give you an "instance" where Hulk could beat Superman...."if written correctly".
> >
> > Yeah you have to hope for a merciless hulk and a naive superman who would not be able to fly away when he realised that he messed up... might work.
>
> But don't you see? YOU just came up with a "poorly written" result! Superman would NEVER fly away even if he knew the odds were against him. By trying to downplay my argument, you merely proved my point for me.

If kal can't do anything about hulk he will have to change strategy somehow. The guy is not dense. He will take his leave if the hulk is only threatening rocks or take hulk elsewhere if others are in dangers but the idea remain it would be dumb for him to continue the punching routine if its doing nothing. That would be weird to persist with a loosing approach. The only way to force him to do this would be to use innocent bystanders. That could work... but in the grand canyon with the universe at stakes ? Never!


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Stoney




> Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?

PC Mongul TWICE beat Supes silly in hand to hand combat.
Besides PC mongul was created by Starlin whose always pre-occupied with making his creations a strong as possible.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
nightman




no, i am talking about another long encounter they had in 2000; hulk was green but had the personality of the gray hulk and both he and supes were being used by lex luthor. Although it took a whole fight for them to realize that and to team up in the end.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
nightman




both were written well in a future crossover and the result was a stalemate.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
ArtTeacher




> > > > > > Could the current Hulk be able to defeat the Mongul of the PC era of the DCU, one who actually managed to defeat PC Supes after epic battle, yay or nay?
> > > > >
> > > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > > Pre-Crisis Supes said in no uncertain terms that Mongul took everything he had and Mongul STILL got the better of him.
> > > >
> > > > Well... Modern Supes was able to KO the Hulk, who nearly took everything Supes had...
> > > > So if Modern Supes is able to KO Hulk, and if PC Supes could not KO Mongul, than ?
> > >
> > > That was in a fan voted match. Not the best example to use, you will agree.
> >
> > Thats just it! Certain people here DON'T agree! This is why despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that was a fan voted fight (especially the people who keep referring and using this fight as a basis for their arguments)people STILL act as though this battle was canon. What I'd like to know is....WHY?
>
> a well written story with the same match up would and should have the same result. I'm sorry but no amount of talking is going to make me beleive that hulk can win unless a plot device or a jobbing appears.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
1 2  >> All

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software