Comic Battle >> View Thread
1 2  >> All
Author
sgthenshaw




In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.

But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.

Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP
Daveym




> But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
>
That's perfectly true. But... the way they've been presented I have to assume there's some element about them that differs from normal adamantium. :-/
Okay so they are razor sharp and bonded to his skeleton, that would give them tremendous effectiveness and an ability to slash most materials. But when we seen him chopping thru thick steel doors and the like it gets harder to believe and when you then run into a situation where he meets some big dumb metahuman who is so tough he's immune to the claws... well, it gets impossible to plausibly rationalise!

It's never been indicated in continuity but I myself lean towards the idea the blades had some further treatment done to them, the only other characters to use adamantium blading is Lady Deathstrike & X-23 and neither of them really show the sort of feats wolverine has with his blades.



"LOL ...LMAO...*wink*... Guffaw... *sigh*..." (etc etc...)

...Oh, Did i say lol BTW? *rhe*



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Rehzon





> Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.
Well,Jedi also have a type of precog,so it's not just about what they can see.Who knows if a bullet wouldn't just slam into/instantly melt against a Lightsaber..It seems solid. It's not a flashlight or laser beam.
Remember Qui Gonn forcing it through the solid metal door?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP
Darth Fear-ious




thus therefore why he can cut through anything. Not to mention Wolvie has strength way above regular humans.

Now in real life...Yea your right they are kinda limited.
*****************************************************************************************








"I've seen many a face. From young and to old. I've stolen their faith and I have broken their souls..."



cyberdyne.monkeylord.net
using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP (0.08 points)
Darth Fear-ious




> > But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
> >
> That's perfectly true. But... the way they've been presented I have to assume there's some element about them that differs from normal adamantium. :-/
> Okay so they are razor sharp and bonded to his skeleton, that would give them tremendous effectiveness and an ability to slash most materials. But when we seen him chopping thru thick steel doors and the like it gets harder to believe and when you then run into a situation where he meets some big dumb metahuman who is so tough he's immune to the claws... well, it gets impossible to plausibly rationalise!
>
> It's never been indicated in continuity but I myself lean towards the idea the blades had some further treatment done to them, the only other characters to use adamantium blading is Lady Deathstrike & X-23 and neither of them really show the sort of feats wolverine has with his blades.
>
>
>
> "LOL ...LMAO...*wink*... Guffaw... *sigh*..." (etc etc...)
>
> ...Oh, Did i say lol BTW? *rhe*


*****************************************************************************************








"I've seen many a face. From young and to old. I've stolen their faith and I have broken their souls..."



cyberdyne.monkeylord.net
using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP (0 points)
Lord Majestros




> In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
>
> But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
>
> Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.

Lord Majestros:
Logan doesn't have the strength to cut most of the stuff he cuts. In truth, his claws are really portrayed like they have molecular disruption properties or like they have mystical properties like the Ebony Blade.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP
Darth Fear-ious




nt


*****************************************************************************************
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "I've seen many a face. From young and to old. I've stolen their faith and I have broken their souls..."

*****************************************************************************************








"I've seen many a face. From young and to old. I've stolen their faith and I have broken their souls..."



cyberdyne.monkeylord.net
using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP (0 points)
The Mandarin




..that the rest of the claws are not a molecule thick. To chop something, you not only have to cut it, you have to be able to push apart the "lips" of the cut wide enough to shove in the "fatter" part of the blade. That's why you can't, for example, chop through a tree in one hit even with a razor-sharp axe of the finest metal in the world. You can scratch the tree effortlessly, but you really have to wail away for awhile because the lips of the cut resist being pushed apart by the fatter part of the blade. Wolverine should be able to scratch anything, but pushing the fatter part of his blades more than a tiny fraction of inch deep materials that make a tree look like far less than wet tissue by comparison?









Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
dave




> thus therefore why he can cut through anything. Not to mention Wolvie has strength way above regular humans.
>

Classically, Wolverine's strength has always been around peak human levels. While this is pretty good compared to a normal man, it's not much of a difference next to guys like Hulk. Claws sharpened to a molecular level is a funny concept. I understand how this would give mechanical leverage and allow him to cut through things, but the idea of single atomic bonds being strong enough to tear through anything is something I've always found funny. The sharpest knives dull fastests after all. Anyhow, it's comics so oh well.

On a similar note, we've seen Wolverine have trouble cutting things before. He's said that it was difficult to cut Hulk's hide and even once in the past said that he couldn't penetrate Hulk's body unless Hulk used his own momentum on the claws. So we know his strength limits him. We've seen him strike armored opponents and only cause scratches. Give those claws to Hulk and see what happens.

What always got me was how his claws never get stuck in anything. You would think that if he sticks his claws into a tree that the weight of the tree would squeeze the sides of the the blades and keep them from sliding.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
turbosocks




he could probably chop up a desk or a car with them. because pretty dull weaker metals are used to cut wood and other metals on a regular basis. Wolverine is pretty strong and quick. he can bench press at least 500 pounds.

even if his claws aren't "molecularly sharp", they are still very sharp and undullable.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows Vista
dave




> > In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
> >
> > But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
> >
> > Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.
>
> Lord Majestros:
> Logan doesn't have the strength to cut most of the stuff he cuts. In truth, his claws are really portrayed like they have molecular disruption properties or like they have mystical properties like the Ebony Blade.

The Ebony Blade wasn't able to cut through them. This is really strange given that they are supposed to be a normal, though amazing, metal alloy. There was no reason he should not have been able to cut them.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Dark Marvel




***If Cap can throw a disc and manipulate it to return to his hand like a boomerang, and Punisher can manage to evade the fbi, depite the fact he is the biggest serial killer in history...Wolverine can have unbreakable razor sharp claws hat could cut through anything.


B\-\)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP
bd2999




> ..that the rest of the claws are not a molecule thick. To chop something, you not only have to cut it, you have to be able to push apart the "lips" of the cut wide enough to shove in the "fatter" part of the blade. That's why you can't, for example, chop through a tree in one hit even with a razor-sharp axe of the finest metal in the world. You can scratch the tree effortlessly, but you really have to wail away for awhile because the lips of the cut resist being pushed apart by the fatter part of the blade. Wolverine should be able to scratch anything, but pushing the fatter part of his blades more than a tiny fraction of inch deep materials that make a tree look like far less than wet tissue by comparison?

In reality, no, but the thing is they do it in the comics. They cut through everything. I am not a giant fan of it either but they do. Logic or not it is one of the things Marvel has held too. Its just like if I had the sharpest knife in the world I could drive the tip pretty deep into good strong wood but then it would take some brute force to push it the rest of the way, Wolverine does seem much stronger than the normal fellow, but I dont know about through solid steel or anything but that is where the magic of adamantium and comics come into play.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 3 on Windows XP
Lord Majestros




> > > In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
> > >
> > > But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
> > >
> > > Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.
> >
> > Lord Majestros:
> > Logan doesn't have the strength to cut most of the stuff he cuts. In truth, his claws are really portrayed like they have molecular disruption properties or like they have mystical properties like the Ebony Blade.
>
> The Ebony Blade wasn't able to cut through them. This is really strange given that they are supposed to be a normal, though amazing, metal alloy. There was no reason he should not have been able to cut them.

Lord Majestros:
Being magic, the Ebony Blade SHOULD have cut right through Logan's claws. However, my point with the Blade is that if Wolverine's claws had magical properties like the Blade, him cutting a lot of the stuff he cuts would make more sense because him not actually being strong enough would be compensated for by the magic.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP
Maximum Man




> ***If Cap can throw a disc and manipulate it to return to his hand like a boomerang, and Punisher can manage to evade the fbi, depite the fact he is the biggest serial killer in history...Wolverine can have unbreakable razor sharp claws hat could cut through anything.
>
>
> B\-\)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on MacOS X
ODH




how long they are. When they are sheathed, where do they go? At the length they are shown, they should be stored at least partially up into his forearm. But he is able to bend his wrist. These are adamantium claws, right? Or is it just another exampe of how truly powerful he is; he can make his own claws bend?

> In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
>
> But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
>
> Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Anima Spiritia




would you expect any other explanation from marvel?

> how long they are. When they are sheathed, where do they go? At the length they are shown, they should be stored at least partially up into his forearm. But he is able to bend his wrist. These are adamantium claws, right? Or is it just another exampe of how truly powerful he is; he can make his own claws bend?
>
> > In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
> >
> > But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
> >
> > Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows XP
Taran'Atar




> how long they are. When they are sheathed, where do they go? At the length they are shown, they should be stored at least partially up into his forearm. But he is able to bend his wrist. These are adamantium claws, right? Or is it just another exampe of how truly powerful he is; he can make his own claws bend?

I think they're concealed in his forearms. When they're out, the internal end of each blade is inside his hand, maybe two or three inches behind his knuckles.







I lied they're in the Claw Dimension. Everyone knows that.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Zarko




> he could probably chop up a desk or a car with them. because pretty dull weaker metals are used to cut wood and other metals on a regular basis. Wolverine is pretty strong and quick. he can bench press at least 500 pounds.

i thought he was at the 800-1000 lbs range
>
> even if his claws aren't "molecularly sharp", they are still very sharp and undullable.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Rehzon




> would you expect any other explanation from marvel?
>



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP
ARCHNEMESIS




> > > > In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
> > > >
> > > > But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
> > > >
> > > > Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.
> > >
> > > Lord Majestros:
> > > Logan doesn't have the strength to cut most of the stuff he cuts. In truth, his claws are really portrayed like they have molecular disruption properties or like they have mystical properties like the Ebony Blade.
> >
> > The Ebony Blade wasn't able to cut through them. This is really strange given that they are supposed to be a normal, though amazing, metal alloy. There was no reason he should not have been able to cut them.
>
> Lord Majestros:
> Being magic, the Ebony Blade SHOULD have cut right through Logan's claws. However, my point with the Blade is that if Wolverine's claws had magical properties like the Blade, him cutting a lot of the stuff he cuts would make more sense because him not actually being strong enough would be compensated for by the magic.

Magic has been countered by science before. Bres was rendered helpless by ion particles which "countered his earth-based magic". Kurse has a kind of allergy to metals. Doom has merged technology and magic so tat his armor is able to call spells for him. So there is some interactivity between science and magic. It's entirely reasonable that the molecular bonds in Adamantium are so strong that it counters magical attempts to break them. After all, as Reed and Tony have speculated in the past, magic is just a form of science they don't understand, but still science nonetheless.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Daveym




> > > > > In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
> > > > >
> > > > > But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
> > > > >
> > > > > Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.
> > > >
> > > > Lord Majestros:
> > > > Logan doesn't have the strength to cut most of the stuff he cuts. In truth, his claws are really portrayed like they have molecular disruption properties or like they have mystical properties like the Ebony Blade.
> > >
> > > The Ebony Blade wasn't able to cut through them. This is really strange given that they are supposed to be a normal, though amazing, metal alloy. There was no reason he should not have been able to cut them.
> >
> > Lord Majestros:
> > Being magic, the Ebony Blade SHOULD have cut right through Logan's claws. However, my point with the Blade is that if Wolverine's claws had magical properties like the Blade, him cutting a lot of the stuff he cuts would make more sense because him not actually being strong enough would be compensated for by the magic.
>
> Magic has been countered by science before. Bres was rendered helpless by ion particles which "countered his earth-based magic".
Bres was also vulnerable to earthbased metals - she-hulk threw Iron Man at him which left him open to a shot from Thor. Logically the shackles that he was locked into in the Vault had the same effect.

> Kurse has a kind of allergy to metals.
Kurse was never vulnerable to metals, Algrim was. Although they dropped a semi-constructed skyscaper on him in the hopes it would stop him he crawled right back out, unharmed!

> Doom has merged technology and magic so tat his armor is able to call spells for him. So there is some interactivity between science and magic. It's entirely reasonable that the molecular bonds in Adamantium are so strong that it counters magical attempts to break them. After all, as Reed and Tony have speculated in the past, magic is just a form of science they don't understand, but still science nonetheless.
That is a very typical response from a scientist. But it does not alter the fact Science has no answer to the cause & effect of magic.
Even advanced Alien tech like the Quantum Bands or Power ring is also know to be powerless against magic .
A sorceror will own a team of heroes 10/10 usually for that very reason, they are effectively warping reality and no one outside of another sorceror or enchantment can possibly answer such an assault.
Thors hammer for example weighs not so much that you or i can't lift it, but thanks to the enchatment put on it no one unworthy can begin to do so. Ditto for the Darkhold - a book of Black Magic so powerful it resists any & all attempt to destroy it.
Adamantium can be manipulated by a molecular rearranger, Ultron carries one as standard and it has been the key to beating him as it is what allows him to keep mobile. So in theory a matter transmuter like Sersi or Firestorm should be able to own him utterly *rhe*

Never happen of course.... \:\-\(


"LOL ...LMAO...*wink*... Guffaw... *sigh*..." (etc etc...)

...Oh, Did i say lol BTW? *rhe*



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
turbosocks




> > he could probably chop up a desk or a car with them. because pretty dull weaker metals are used to cut wood and other metals on a regular basis. Wolverine is pretty strong and quick. he can bench press at least 500 pounds.
>
> i thought he was at the 800-1000 lbs range
> >
> > even if his claws aren't "molecularly sharp", they are still very sharp and undullable.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Windows Vista
ArtTeacher




Thank you for writing that so I didn't have to!
You took the words right out of my fingers!
:)
You can easily put a nail into a wooden table with a hammer, but try pushing it all the way down into the table with your bare hands!

> ..that the rest of the claws are not a molecule thick. To chop something, you not only have to cut it, you have to be able to push apart the "lips" of the cut wide enough to shove in the "fatter" part of the blade. That's why you can't, for example, chop through a tree in one hit even with a razor-sharp axe of the finest metal in the world. You can scratch the tree effortlessly, but you really have to wail away for awhile because the lips of the cut resist being pushed apart by the fatter part of the blade. Wolverine should be able to scratch anything, but pushing the fatter part of his blades more than a tiny fraction of inch deep materials that make a tree look like far less than wet tissue by comparison?



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
Would Be Watcher





> That is a very typical response from a scientist. But it does not alter the fact Science has no answer to the cause & effect of magic.
> Even advanced Alien tech like the Quantum Bands or Power ring is also know to be powerless against magic .
>


I am not a scientist, I almost always prefer fantastic settings over sci-fi ones and I strongly disagree. As you already know ;-p. There are degrees of magic and technology. Of course if you compare Mordru's magical achievement to 10 000 BC. technological achiement I can see your point. Take a rabit puller(figure of speech of course) vs an onmipotant alien civilization and you have the complete opposite result. You assume that ALL sorcerer are able to do anything. No, like sciencetific advancement they learn to achieve greater and greater control over the universe.

The weakest sorcerer might simply be able to change the color of his hat by sacrificing 1000 bulls on a bisextile full moon of april while a guy like modru can travel time/dimension and transmute matter/energy. Same for technology. Fire and wheel up to bio-engineering omnipotant life form, traveling time/dimension , transmute matter and energy at will.


A sorceror will own a team of heroes 10/10 usually for that very reason, they are effectively warping reality and no one outside of another sorceror or enchantment can possibly answer such an assault.
> Thors hammer for example weighs not so much that you or i can't lift it, but thanks to the enchatment put on it no one unworthy can begin to do so. Ditto for the Darkhold - a book of Black Magic so powerful it resists any & all attempt to destroy it.
>


Again, thats not true. Take a non magic user more powerful than the wizard who enchanted the item or whatever and the enchantment will most likely not resist the assault. Think Galactus/Celestial vs juggernaut or thor Or Darkseid vs Mordru as seen in the Great darkness saga. Non-magic OWN big time.





Adamantium can be manipulated by a molecular rearranger, Ultron carries one as standard and it has been the key to beating him as it is what allows him to keep mobile. So in theory a matter transmuter like Sersi or Firestorm should be able to own him utterly *rhe*
>
> Never happen of course.... \:\-\(
>


Depend if they are potent enought transmutters to manipulate adamantium. It is also possible for ultron to devellop forcefields against this kind of attack (I would) or simply calibrate his own molecular rearanger to counter any attempt by other transmuter. The possibilities are endless.... its pure "magic" \:\-p



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Daveym




> A sorceror will own a team of heroes 10/10 usually for that very reason, they are effectively warping reality and no one outside of another sorceror or enchantment can possibly answer such an assault.
> > Thors hammer for example weighs not so much that you or i can't lift it, but thanks to the enchatment put on it no one unworthy can begin to do so. Ditto for the Darkhold - a book of Black Magic so powerful it resists any & all attempt to destroy it.
> >
>
>
> Again, thats not true. Take a non magic user more powerful than the wizard who enchanted the item or whatever and the enchantment will most likely not resist the assault. Think Galactus/Celestial vs juggernaut or thor Or Darkseid vs Mordru as seen in the Great darkness saga. Non-magic OWN big time.
>

Darkseid is borne of the Old Gods and the Source, of course he's going to be a bit above any sorceror for similar reasons The Spectre is!
The Spectre actually fought Darkseid and annihilated him, he's an aspect of God almighty and closer to the source than Darkseid is And Both are a lot closer to God and the source than Doctor Fate or his Ilk.... even minor sorceror Ramban was able to battle the spectre once by tapping into the same power he does.

As to you're idea magic doesn't exist... well yeah whatever. \:\-\( Going by that logic I should be able to throw the Darkhold into an industrial shredder. Superman-Prime should be able to go up to Mjolnir and lift that sucker with no sweat. Firestorm should be able to beat Doctor Fate as he's a high level transmuter who's power is 'magic'... right? \:\-p


>
> Depend if they are potent enought transmutters to manipulate adamantium. It is also possible for ultron to devellop forcefields against this kind of attack (I would) or simply calibrate his own molecular rearanger to counter any attempt by other transmuter. The possibilities are endless.... its pure "magic" \:\-p
>

Ultrons molecular rearanger is a piece of tech, as he is. Should be able to be mimiced by a transmuter like Sersi as they manipulate matter on an atomic scale and are expert at it. Theoretically....

"LOL ...LMAO...*wink*... Guffaw... *sigh*..." (etc etc...)

...Oh, Did i say lol BTW? *rhe*



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
ODH




They're kept in an extra-dimensional claw dimension due to him being an avatar of a claw being. Now that you have explained it; it makes so much sense - NOT!!!! ;-p

> how long they are. When they are sheathed, where do they go? At the length they are shown, they should be stored at least partially up into his forearm. But he is able to bend his wrist. These are adamantium claws, right? Or is it just another exampe of how truly powerful he is; he can make his own claws bend?
>
> > In comics, Wolvie is an icon badass as exemplified by the "snikt" of his famous adamantium claws. As such, they take on an heir of holy crap awesomeness and unstoppability.
> >
> > But really. . .imagine right now that three steel blades popped out of your hands. What could you really do with that? You couldn't even chop thru the desk you're sitting at. Sure it would make you damn near unbeatable against any human in a one-on-one situation, but what about anything unconventional? You don't have the strength to chop thru your desk, let alone iron or any type of metal.
> >
> > Anywho, the claws are a bit like the light sabre. Mythic and awesome, but on close inspection not really effective. Sure a light sabre may be better than a blaster because it deflects those beams, but it wouldn't be better than a gun shooting bullets that aren't going to be seen or deflected.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
dave




> As to you're idea magic doesn't exist... well yeah whatever. \:\-\( Going by that logic I should be able to throw the Darkhold into an industrial shredder. Superman-Prime should be able to go up to Mjolnir and lift that sucker with no sweat. Firestorm should be able to beat Doctor Fate as he's a high level transmuter who's power is 'magic'... right? \:\-p
>

I think he has a good point. A long time ago telepathy would have been considered a magical feat, yet we have no problem with Xavier, a guy whose power is based in science, doing it. Similarly, Scarlet Witch's genetic anomalies allow her to perform magical feats. When it comes to things like extra dimensions, time manipulation, and a number of others, science is just getting to the point of creating theories for these. However, long ago this would just be chalked up to magic. We've seen examples of technology countering or performing magic, so maybe magic really is just some form of extradimensional science that they don't understand yet. All of our technology would have been considered magic a thousand years ago because the theories behind it had not been developed. Try to explain to somebody in the 15th century that an atom bomb is not magic.

If magic isn't some extradimensional science then what is it? A normal human like Strange can learn it, so what makes it so special? Because it relates to the mind and soul rather than biology? Who says there won't be a scientific basis for the soul one day? I think us calling some things magic is no different than any of our ancestors doing it.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
ODH




Daveym has a specific hierarchy in his mind:

1. Gods are at the top because, well, they're gods and certainly nothing is greater than gods and magic, especially anything that comes from a human-base.
2. Aliens are next because they are, well, aliens, and certainly aliens are far superior to humans or human-based characters.

But don't worry, when you become a true Watcher, you will become at least #2 on the list. Unless, of course, you are a human-based Watcher. I wonder where you will stand in Daveym's hierachy then?


>
> > That is a very typical response from a scientist. But it does not alter the fact Science has no answer to the cause & effect of magic.
> > Even advanced Alien tech like the Quantum Bands or Power ring is also know to be powerless against magic .
> >
>
>
> I am not a scientist, I almost always prefer fantastic settings over sci-fi ones and I strongly disagree. As you already know ;-p. There are degrees of magic and technology. Of course if you compare Mordru's magical achievement to 10 000 BC. technological achiement I can see your point. Take a rabit puller(figure of speech of course) vs an onmipotant alien civilization and you have the complete opposite result. You assume that ALL sorcerer are able to do anything. No, like sciencetific advancement they learn to achieve greater and greater control over the universe.
>
> The weakest sorcerer might simply be able to change the color of his hat by sacrificing 1000 bulls on a bisextile full moon of april while a guy like modru can travel time/dimension and transmute matter/energy. Same for technology. Fire and wheel up to bio-engineering omnipotant life form, traveling time/dimension , transmute matter and energy at will.
>

>
> A sorceror will own a team of heroes 10/10 usually for that very reason, they are effectively warping reality and no one outside of another sorceror or enchantment can possibly answer such an assault.
> > Thors hammer for example weighs not so much that you or i can't lift it, but thanks to the enchatment put on it no one unworthy can begin to do so. Ditto for the Darkhold - a book of Black Magic so powerful it resists any & all attempt to destroy it.
> >
>
>
> Again, thats not true. Take a non magic user more powerful than the wizard who enchanted the item or whatever and the enchantment will most likely not resist the assault. Think Galactus/Celestial vs juggernaut or thor Or Darkseid vs Mordru as seen in the Great darkness saga. Non-magic OWN big time.
>

>

>
>

>
> Adamantium can be manipulated by a molecular rearranger, Ultron carries one as standard and it has been the key to beating him as it is what allows him to keep mobile. So in theory a matter transmuter like Sersi or Firestorm should be able to own him utterly *rhe*
> >
> > Never happen of course.... \:\-\(
> >
>
>
> Depend if they are potent enought transmutters to manipulate adamantium. It is also possible for ultron to devellop forcefields against this kind of attack (I would) or simply calibrate his own molecular rearanger to counter any attempt by other transmuter. The possibilities are endless.... its pure "magic" \:\-p
>



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Daveym




> Daveym has a specific hierarchy in his mind:
>
And Don't you?

> 1. Gods are at the top because, well, they're gods and certainly nothing is greater than gods and magic, especially anything that comes from a human-base.
Spot on.

> 2. Aliens are next because they are, well, aliens, and certainly aliens are far superior to humans or human-based characters.
>
Depends on the alien and the context doesn't it? I wouldn't put You as superior to a Klingon now would i? Neither are you superior to a Coluan such as Vril Dox. In fiction aliens are superior to human in the same way the Gods are out superiors.

> But don't worry, when you become a true Watcher, you will become at least #2 on the list. Unless, of course, you are a human-based Watcher. I wonder where you will stand in Daveym's hierachy then?
>
Actually i'm wondering what you're talking about!

>
> >
> > > That is a very typical response from a scientist. But it does not alter the fact Science has no answer to the cause & effect of magic.
> > > Even advanced Alien tech like the Quantum Bands or Power ring is also know to be powerless against magic .
> > >
> >
> >
> > I am not a scientist, I almost always prefer fantastic settings over sci-fi ones and I strongly disagree. As you already know ;-p. There are degrees of magic and technology. Of course if you compare Mordru's magical achievement to 10 000 BC. technological achiement I can see your point. Take a rabit puller(figure of speech of course) vs an onmipotant alien civilization and you have the complete opposite result. You assume that ALL sorcerer are able to do anything. No, like sciencetific advancement they learn to achieve greater and greater control over the universe.
> >
> > The weakest sorcerer might simply be able to change the color of his hat by sacrificing 1000 bulls on a bisextile full moon of april while a guy like modru can travel time/dimension and transmute matter/energy. Same for technology. Fire and wheel up to bio-engineering omnipotant life form, traveling time/dimension , transmute matter and energy at will.
> >

> >
> > A sorceror will own a team of heroes 10/10 usually for that very reason, they are effectively warping reality and no one outside of another sorceror or enchantment can possibly answer such an assault.
> > > Thors hammer for example weighs not so much that you or i can't lift it, but thanks to the enchatment put on it no one unworthy can begin to do so. Ditto for the Darkhold - a book of Black Magic so powerful it resists any & all attempt to destroy it.
> > >
> >
> >
> > Again, thats not true. Take a non magic user more powerful than the wizard who enchanted the item or whatever and the enchantment will most likely not resist the assault. Think Galactus/Celestial vs juggernaut or thor Or Darkseid vs Mordru as seen in the Great darkness saga. Non-magic OWN big time.
> >

> >

> >
> >

> >
> > Adamantium can be manipulated by a molecular rearranger, Ultron carries one as standard and it has been the key to beating him as it is what allows him to keep mobile. So in theory a matter transmuter like Sersi or Firestorm should be able to own him utterly *rhe*
> > >
> > > Never happen of course.... \:\-\(
> > >
> >
> >
> > Depend if they are potent enought transmutters to manipulate adamantium. It is also possible for ultron to devellop forcefields against this kind of attack (I would) or simply calibrate his own molecular rearanger to counter any attempt by other transmuter. The possibilities are endless.... its pure "magic" \:\-p
> >


"LOL ...LMAO...*wink*... Guffaw... *sigh*..." (etc etc...)

...Oh, Did i say lol BTW? *rhe*



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Rehzon




M


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP
1 2  >> All

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software