Comic Battle >> View Thread

Author
Green Meanie




Superman has had to hold back his full might for so long that it is reflexive to him.It is second nature.I don't think the Hulk ever held back unless it was the smart Hulk.There is the argument that Supes superspeed would leave Hulk behind but the Mindless Hulk once faced Quicksilver and just grabbed his arm by anticipating his next move and grabbed him.The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.The Hulk simply can snatch you out of the air because he has acute hearing and instinct.The Hulk may not fly but his sheer leg muscles made it possible for him to move through the air and maneuver like an agile bumblebee.Superman can move planets but put a space helmet on Hulk and direct him toward a planet and he probably could move it too.He probably could cancel the planet's gravitation and rotation if he really set out to it or at least smash it to asteroid bits trying.The Hulk could probably grow when his anger soars until he is the size to do it.Superman has always stated that the Hulk was the strongest mortal he ever fought both times he fought the Hulk.So unless Superman flew the Hulk into the Sun I don't see the Hulk quitting until he smashes PUNY CAPE-MAN!!!!


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
Concordant





> Superman has had to hold back his full might for so long that it is reflexive to him.It is second nature. I don't think the Hulk ever held back unless it was the smart Hulk.

Just wanted to get a word in on this. Be aware that for all of the Hulk's bluster, he (like most powerful heroes) nearly always holds back when he fights. If he didn't, he'd leave nothing but a trail of corpses and crippled bodies in his wake. The MU Earth would be nearly depopulated of super-types if he didn't show restraint. \:\-D

Notice that he always tones down his hits (regardless of incarnation, barring the purely evil ones) so that even street-levellers survive encounters with him without serious injury. For him to really go all-out, you really have to have greviously wrong him. Then you get your head caved in like the Abomination. Otherwise you don't see him snapping a foe's neck while they're down or rip them limb from limb.


C.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 4.0 on Windows XP
Daveym 

Moderator

Location: Lancashire
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



> Superman has had to hold back his full might for so long that it is reflexive to him.It is second nature.I don't think the Hulk ever held back unless it was the smart Hulk.There is the argument that Supes superspeed would leave Hulk behind but the Mindless Hulk once faced Quicksilver and just grabbed his arm by anticipating his next move and grabbed him.
Which was more a lucky shot than design. The Hulk has never been able to match any speedster - see Speedfreak, Northstar or even Texas Twister.

> The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!

> The Hulk simply can snatch you out of the air because he has acute hearing and instinct. \(\?\) News to me!

> The Hulk may not fly but his sheer leg muscles made it possible for him to move through the air and maneuver like an agile bumblebee.
Whua!? When?!! Where?!

> Superman can move planets but put a space helmet on Hulk and direct him toward a planet and he probably could move it too.
1)Superman provenly can't quite move planets.
2)The Hulk provenly can't even lift mountain ranges.

> He probably could cancel the planet's gravitation and rotation if he really set out to it or at least smash it to asteroid bits trying.
Agree completely - In fact he can also match speeds with the Flash, walk on water and probobly even jump all the way to Mars and back. I'm convinced of it.

> The Hulk could probably grow when his anger soars until he is the size to do it.
Agree - he once increased his size to swim an Island to safety so there's your precedent! I don't see why he couldn't stretch like Mr Fantastic either for example - Anger is a magic pill for him.

> Superman has always stated that the Hulk was the strongest mortal he ever fought both times he fought the Hulk.So unless Superman flew the Hulk into the Sun I don't see the Hulk quitting until he smashes PUNY CAPE-MAN!!!!

Absolutely. I mean just because Superman has so many powers and demolished so many uber-bricks & cosmic threats i just can't understand how people here think he even remotely matches up to the Hulks sheer magnificence.
The Hulk is like the storm - untouchable, remote and unfathomable to mortal man. We're simply not worthy enough to attempt to quantify him so let's cut it out please...



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Concordant





> > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!





One. 8\-\)


C.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 4.0 on Windows XP
Daveym 

Moderator

Location: Lancashire
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



>
> > > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> > Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> > He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
>
>

>
>
> One. 8\-\)
>
>
Well Done! That's 0ne.

Any More?


















Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Green Meanie





Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
Green Meanie




>
> > > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> > Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> > He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
>
>
>
>
>
> One. 8\-\)
>
>
> C.
>




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
Daveym 

Moderator

Location: Lancashire
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Green Meanie




>
> > The Hulk in an old Tales to Astonish used his sheer muscle power to maneuver around a bridge while in the air.I don't recall the number.
>
> Those sixties issues were great weren't they? I remember the raging Hulk chasing Rick Jones crosscountry and Rick was running too fast for him to catch up with! Great stuff. \:\)
>
>
> > I don't think Superman has the moral fiber to kill an ant,so The Hulk can really go to town on him and all Superman will do is slap his hand.
> >
>
> Completely agree! Superman will just stand there and let the Hulk beat him to pulp as like you say he can't possibly fight him, i mean look at Supermans typical track record in a fight, Sheesh he's totally outmatched here cuz the Hulk is all big, bad tempered and mean-like......
>
>
>

>

>
>




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
Green Meanie




>
> >
> > > > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> > > Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> > > He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
> >
> >
>
> >
> >
> > One. 8\-\)
> >
> >
> Well Done! That's 0ne.
>
> Any More?
>
>

>
>

>
>

>
>

>

>
>

>
>

>
>
>




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
Green Meanie




>
> > Superman has had to hold back his full might for so long that it is reflexive to him.It is second nature. I don't think the Hulk ever held back unless it was the smart Hulk.
>
> Just wanted to get a word in on this. Be aware that for all of the Hulk's bluster, he (like most powerful heroes) nearly always holds back when he fights. If he didn't, he'd leave nothing but a trail of corpses and crippled bodies in his wake. The MU Earth would be nearly depopulated of super-types if he didn't show restraint. \:\-D
>
> Notice that he always tones down his hits (regardless of incarnation, barring the purely evil ones) so that even street-levellers survive encounters with him without serious injury. For him to really go all-out, you really have to have greviously wrong him. Then you get your head caved in like the Abomination. Otherwise you don't see him snapping a foe's neck while they're down or rip them limb from limb.
>
>
> C.
>




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
Daveym 

Moderator

Location: Lancashire
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



...he takes a beating, takes his opponents measure, then when he's had enough he kicks back and lays down the law - see Spidermans track record for a good comparison.













Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Green Meanie




>
> ...he takes a beating, takes his opponents measure, then when he's had enough he kicks back and lays down the law - see Spidermans track record for a good comparison.
>
>
>

>
>

>
>

>
>

>

>




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
JesusFan


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008


>
> > Superman has had to hold back his full might for so long that it is reflexive to him.It is second nature.I don't think the Hulk ever held back unless it was the smart Hulk.There is the argument that Supes superspeed would leave Hulk behind but the Mindless Hulk once faced Quicksilver and just grabbed his arm by anticipating his next move and grabbed him.
> Which was more a lucky shot than design. The Hulk has never been able to match any speedster - see Speedfreak, Northstar or even Texas Twister.
> Marvel current take on speed of the Hulk is that he is equal of Spiderman/Thor...
Impressive for a "Big Guy", but WAY below Supes speed...
> > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
Don't think he does!
Missles are around Mach 3, Supes flies WAY beyond that!
> He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
>
> > The Hulk simply can snatch you out of the air because he has acute hearing and instinct.
> \(\?\) News to me!
> Wonder if that compares to someone who can hear Lois shout half a world away!
> > The Hulk may not fly but his sheer leg muscles made it possible for him to move through the air and maneuver like an agile bumblebee.
> Whua!? When?!! Where?!
> One time he was doing that...
Way back when Thor was able to make Galactus "flee for his life"
> > Superman can move planets but put a space helmet on Hulk and direct him toward a planet and he probably could move it too.
> 1)Superman provenly can't quite move planets.
> 2)The Hulk provenly can't even lift mountain ranges.
> True...
"normal" Supes probably maxes out moving the Moon, Hulk lifting Mountains...
> > He probably could cancel the planet's gravitation and rotation if he really set out to it or at least smash it to asteroid bits trying.
> Agree completely - In fact he can also match speeds with the Flash, walk on water and probobly even jump all the way to Mars and back. I'm convinced of it.
>
> > The Hulk could probably grow when his anger soars until he is the size to do it.
> Agree - he once increased his size to swim an Island to safety so there's your precedent! I don't see why he couldn't stretch like Mr Fantastic either for example - Anger is a magic pill for him.
>
> > Superman has always stated that the Hulk was the strongest mortal he ever fought both times he fought the Hulk.So unless Superman flew the Hulk into the Sun I don't see the Hulk quitting until he smashes PUNY CAPE-MAN!!!!
> Well...
Supes also declared Thor as being TOUGHEST foe ever fought..
So Supes>Thor>Hulk must be true!
> Absolutely. I mean just because Superman has so many powers and demolished so many uber-bricks & cosmic threats i just can't understand how people here think he even remotely matches up to the Hulks sheer magnificence.
> The Hulk is like the storm - untouchable, remote and unfathomable to mortal man. We're simply not worthy enough to attempt to quantify him so let's cut it out please...
>



Posted with Opera 9.52 on Windows XP
Quinch




>
> > > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> > Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> > He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
>

>
> One. 8\-\)
>
>
> C.
>

(artillery shells can reach up to speeds of about 1600 m/s or, in English units, about one mile per second. hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/GabrielaBis.shtml - Muzzle velocity of an m16 assault rife -: 2,800 feet (853 meters) per second ) Hulk doubles that in this feat - from his *early* years.
So with all due respect -
TWO. ;\)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 on Windows XP
Green Meanie




> >
> > > > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> > > Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> > > He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
> >
>
> >
> > One. 8\-\)
> >
> >
> > C.
> >

>
> (artillery shells can reach up to speeds of about 1600 m/s or, in English units, about one mile per second. hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/GabrielaBis.shtml - Muzzle velocity of an m16 assault rife -: 2,800 feet (853 meters) per second ) Hulk doubles that in this feat - from his *early* years.
> So with all due respect -
> TWO.
> ;\)



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.16 on Windows XP
Defensor




>
> > Superman has had to hold back his full might for so long that it is reflexive to him.It is second nature.I don't think the Hulk ever held back unless it was the smart Hulk.There is the argument that Supes superspeed would leave Hulk behind but the Mindless Hulk once faced Quicksilver and just grabbed his arm by anticipating his next move and grabbed him.
> Which was more a lucky shot than design. The Hulk has never been able to match any speedster - see Speedfreak, Northstar or even Texas Twister.
>
> > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
>
> > The Hulk simply can snatch you out of the air because he has acute hearing and instinct.
> \(\?\) News to me!
>
> > The Hulk may not fly but his sheer leg muscles made it possible for him to move through the air and maneuver like an agile bumblebee.
> Whua!? When?!! Where?!
>
> > Superman can move planets but put a space helmet on Hulk and direct him toward a planet and he probably could move it too.
> 1)Superman provenly can't quite move planets.
> 2)The Hulk provenly can't even lift mountain ranges.
>
> > He probably could cancel the planet's gravitation and rotation if he really set out to it or at least smash it to asteroid bits trying.
> Agree completely - In fact he can also match speeds with the Flash, walk on water and probobly even jump all the way to Mars and back. I'm convinced of it.
>
> > The Hulk could probably grow when his anger soars until he is the size to do it.
> Agree - he once increased his size to swim an Island to safety so there's your precedent! I don't see why he couldn't stretch like Mr Fantastic either for example - Anger is a magic pill for him.
>
> > Superman has always stated that the Hulk was the strongest mortal he ever fought both times he fought the Hulk.So unless Superman flew the Hulk into the Sun I don't see the Hulk quitting until he smashes PUNY CAPE-MAN!!!!
>
> Absolutely. I mean just because Superman has so many powers and demolished so many uber-bricks & cosmic threats i just can't understand how people here think he even remotely matches up to the Hulks sheer magnificence.
> The Hulk is like the storm - untouchable, remote and unfathomable to mortal man. We're simply not worthy enough to attempt to quantify him so let's cut it out please...
>




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
Daveym 

Moderator

Location: Lancashire
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



> >
> > > Superman has had to hold back his full might for so long that it is reflexive to him.It is second nature.I don't think the Hulk ever held back unless it was the smart Hulk.There is the argument that Supes superspeed would leave Hulk behind but the Mindless Hulk once faced Quicksilver and just grabbed his arm by anticipating his next move and grabbed him.
> > Which was more a lucky shot than design. The Hulk has never been able to match any speedster - see Speedfreak, Northstar or even Texas Twister.
> >
> > > The old school Hulk even caught missles out of the air and they must have been traveling as fast as Superman's superspeed.
> > Do you have any idea how fast superman really is?!
> > He can casually catch multiple automatic gunfire shells - The Hulk can't even catch One!
> >
> > > The Hulk simply can snatch you out of the air because he has acute hearing and instinct.
> > \(\?\) News to me!
> >
> > > The Hulk may not fly but his sheer leg muscles made it possible for him to move through the air and maneuver like an agile bumblebee.
> > Whua!? When?!! Where?!
> >
> > > Superman can move planets but put a space helmet on Hulk and direct him toward a planet and he probably could move it too.
> > 1)Superman provenly can't quite move planets.
> > 2)The Hulk provenly can't even lift mountain ranges.
> >
> > > He probably could cancel the planet's gravitation and rotation if he really set out to it or at least smash it to asteroid bits trying.
> > Agree completely - In fact he can also match speeds with the Flash, walk on water and probobly even jump all the way to Mars and back. I'm convinced of it.
> >
> > > The Hulk could probably grow when his anger soars until he is the size to do it.
> > Agree - he once increased his size to swim an Island to safety so there's your precedent! I don't see why he couldn't stretch like Mr Fantastic either for example - Anger is a magic pill for him.
> >
> > > Superman has always stated that the Hulk was the strongest mortal he ever fought both times he fought the Hulk.So unless Superman flew the Hulk into the Sun I don't see the Hulk quitting until he smashes PUNY CAPE-MAN!!!!
> >
> > Absolutely. I mean just because Superman has so many powers and demolished so many uber-bricks & cosmic threats i just can't understand how people here think he even remotely matches up to the Hulks sheer magnificence.
> > The Hulk is like the storm - untouchable, remote and unfathomable to mortal man. We're simply not worthy enough to attempt to quantify him so let's cut it out please...
> >




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Amor Fati






Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
jc378




I know it may not be the most popular aspect of his character, but WWH did show that Banner is always "doing the math" in his head to prevent anyone from being hurt and always holds back. Based on that, the only times you'd ever really have the Hulk not holding back would be when he was split from Banner. By that criteria, the Hulk seems to hold back more often than Superman (who's really only cut loose a handful of times.)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software