The Flash >> View Thread

Author
Jonathan




I understand (or do I?) that everyone but Jay Garrick lost speed by the end of Infinite Crisis.

Is Jay still the only one, at least as of the end of 52?

Prithee, straight answers. Answers that amuse the writer without addressing the actual question do not help.

BTW, Barry Allen sends his regards. In my imagination, he's alive and doing better than ever. And since he is imaginary anyway, that's all he needs.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.9 on Windows XP
Omar Karindu




> I understand (or do I?) that everyone but Jay Garrick lost speed by the end of Infinite Crisis.

Everyone besides Jay Garrick and Bart Allen.

> Is Jay still the only one, at least as of the end of 52?

As of the end of 52, yes, though Inertia was able to regain a version of his older speed powers by taking Velocity-9, a superspeed drug that's figured in some older Flash stories.

As of right now, of course, the death of Bart and the return of Wally have restored the Speed Force to everyone who originally had access to it.

> Prithee, straight answers. Answers that amuse the writer without addressing the actual question do not help.
>
> BTW, Barry Allen sends his regards. In my imagination, he's alive and doing better than ever. And since he is imaginary anyway, that's all he needs.

- Omar Karindu

"A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom

"It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Jonathan




I'm hopelessly out of touch with everything.

When exactly is "now"?

I'm having enough trouble following the characters whose books I get. I can't afford to subscribe to everything and there is no comic shop within walking distance.

I assume Bart will come back to life. But I would have assumed the same about Barry if I had been reading -- and able to follow -- everything in 1985. Marvel and DC kill characters to increase sales and then bring them back to life to increase sales.

Barry may yet be resurrected. Yes, 22 years is a long time. Compared to how long Bucky was dead, that's yesterday.

Speaking of right after 52, I think Roy Harper is SO much better for the JLA that Oliver Queen has ever been. I'll take a drug addict in recovery over a jack ass any day. Being in recovery myself, I know that I am still sincere and I care. A jack ass is just a jack ass.

Thanks for the answer.

> As of right now, of course, the death of Bart and the return of Wally have restored the Speed Force to everyone who originally had access to it.
>
> > Prithee, straight answers. Answers that amuse the writer without addressing the actual question do not help.
> >
> > BTW, Barry Allen sends his regards. In my imagination, he's alive and doing better than ever. And since he is imaginary anyway, that's all he needs.
>
> - Omar Karindu
>
> "A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom
>
> "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.9 on Windows XP
emerick-man







Also, may I add this question to that followup post:
Is Liberty Bell now tapping into the Speed Force?
Not into JSA at all but sample it on occasion. This issue:
http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/large/45118781098.8.gif
was excellent! It seems to suggest a revelation/update to the speedsters count.

> I'm hopelessly out of touch with everything.
>
> When exactly is "now"?
>
> I'm having enough trouble following the characters whose books I get. I can't afford to subscribe to everything and there is no comic shop within walking distance.
>
> I assume Bart will come back to life. But I would have assumed the same about Barry if I had been reading -- and able to follow -- everything in 1985. Marvel and DC kill characters to increase sales and then bring them back to life to increase sales.
>
> Barry may yet be resurrected. Yes, 22 years is a long time. Compared to how long Bucky was dead, that's yesterday.
>
> Speaking of right after 52, I think Roy Harper is SO much better for the JLA that Oliver Queen has ever been. I'll take a drug addict in recovery over a jack ass any day. Being in recovery myself, I know that I am still sincere and I care. A jack ass is just a jack ass.
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> > As of right now, of course, the death of Bart and the return of Wally have restored the Speed Force to everyone who originally had access to it.
> >
> > > Prithee, straight answers. Answers that amuse the writer without addressing the actual question do not help.
> > >
> > > BTW, Barry Allen sends his regards. In my imagination, he's alive and doing better than ever. And since he is imaginary anyway, that's all he needs.
> >
> > - Omar Karindu
> >
> > "A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom
> >
> > "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey



Hire Speedsters:

and enter the current caption contest...


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Omar Karindu




> I'm hopelessly out of touch with everything.
>
> When exactly is "now"?

Like, now. If you pick up a comic published in this month, this is the current status quo. More technically, the current status quo was established as of JLA (current series) #12.

> I'm having enough trouble following the characters whose books I get. I can't afford to subscribe to everything and there is no comic shop within walking distance.
>
> I assume Bart will come back to life. But I would have assumed the same about Barry if I had been reading -- and able to follow -- everything in 1985. Marvel and DC kill characters to increase sales and then bring them back to life to increase sales.

There have been statements that Bart's story is not yet over. Whether that means a resurrection or just some serious follow-up on his death remains to be seen.

> Barry may yet be resurrected. Yes, 22 years is a long time. Compared to how long Bucky was dead, that's yesterday.

I'm not sure any super-powered character will stay dead forever.

> Speaking of right after 52, I think Roy Harper is SO much better for the JLA that Oliver Queen has ever been. I'll take a drug addict in recovery over a jack ass any day. Being in recovery myself, I know that I am still sincere and I care. A jack ass is just a jack ass.
>
> Thanks for the answer.

No problem.

> > As of right now, of course, the death of Bart and the return of Wally have restored the Speed Force to everyone who originally had access to it.
> >
> > > Prithee, straight answers. Answers that amuse the writer without addressing the actual question do not help.
> > >
> > > BTW, Barry Allen sends his regards. In my imagination, he's alive and doing better than ever. And since he is imaginary anyway, that's all he needs.
> >
> > - Omar Karindu
> >
> > "A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom
> >
> > "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey

- Omar Karindu

"A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom

"It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Omar Karindu




>
>
>
> Also, may I add this question to that followup post:
> Is Liberty Bell now tapping into the Speed Force?

She's once again using her father's speed formula to tap the Speed Force.

> Not into JSA at all but sample it on occasion. This issue:
> http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/large/45118781098.8.gif
> was excellent! It seems to suggest a revelation/update to the speedsters count.
>
> > I'm hopelessly out of touch with everything.
> >
> > When exactly is "now"?
> >
> > I'm having enough trouble following the characters whose books I get. I can't afford to subscribe to everything and there is no comic shop within walking distance.
> >
> > I assume Bart will come back to life. But I would have assumed the same about Barry if I had been reading -- and able to follow -- everything in 1985. Marvel and DC kill characters to increase sales and then bring them back to life to increase sales.
> >
> > Barry may yet be resurrected. Yes, 22 years is a long time. Compared to how long Bucky was dead, that's yesterday.
> >
> > Speaking of right after 52, I think Roy Harper is SO much better for the JLA that Oliver Queen has ever been. I'll take a drug addict in recovery over a jack ass any day. Being in recovery myself, I know that I am still sincere and I care. A jack ass is just a jack ass.
> >
> > Thanks for the answer.
> >
> > > As of right now, of course, the death of Bart and the return of Wally have restored the Speed Force to everyone who originally had access to it.
> > >
> > > > Prithee, straight answers. Answers that amuse the writer without addressing the actual question do not help.
> > > >
> > > > BTW, Barry Allen sends his regards. In my imagination, he's alive and doing better than ever. And since he is imaginary anyway, that's all he needs.
> > >
> > > - Omar Karindu
> > >
> > > "A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom
> > >
> > > "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey
>
>

> Hire Speedsters:
>
> and enter the current caption contest...

- Omar Karindu

"A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom

"It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Jonathan




If Bucky, who had no powers at all, could come back, and Jason Todd could come back, Sue Dibney could certainly come back.

This is fiction. Anyone who wants her back and has a brain to think can bring her back. It won't get published by Marvel or DC, but she is alive for anyone who wants her to be.

I wonder when Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy will show up. Didn't Uncle Ben invent rice after he was dead? Or was that before? I think I remember that San Francisco thing being "new" when I was a kid. As with anything else "new", my parents resented it.

If only Bucky had invented rice, it would be a safe bet. I think.


>
> "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.9 on Windows XP
Big Daddy Dale




> If Bucky, who had no powers at all, could come back, and Jason Todd could come back, Sue Dibney could certainly come back.
>
> This is fiction. Anyone who wants her back and has a brain to think can bring her back. It won't get published by Marvel or DC, but she is alive for anyone who wants her to be.
>
> I wonder when Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy will show up. Didn't Uncle Ben invent rice after he was dead? Or was that before? I think I remember that San Francisco thing being "new" when I was a kid. As with anything else "new", my parents resented it.
>
> If only Bucky had invented rice, it would be a safe bet. I think.
>
>
> >
> > "It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Guardian7




Seems to me they were discussing comebacks from the dead... and Bart was the main focus... and they made comparisons to others that have...

Frankly they could bring Barry and Bart back... make Wally use his Kid Flash uniform as the Flash (You didn't see Barry adopt Jay's uniform) and then the next Kid Flash could have been Impulse (or he could have just kept his name Impulse) in his uniform...

Frankly I don't care for Wally in Barry's suit. I prefered Wally in his suit which was just as much a Flash uniform as Barry's (But then I am also of a mindset that Dick/Robin should have remained Robin and Nightwing should have been Batman's new kid sidekick...

oh well...

cya
Grd7


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software