|The Flash >> View Post|
Subj: The more I think about, the more Season 2 does not make sense.
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 at 01:13:35 pm CDT (Viewed 388 times)
Eddie Thawne shot and killed himself in order to save Barry Allen from being killed by Reverse Flash. That essentially erased Eobard Thawne from existence.
Realistically, that should have reset the entire timeline. So then we'd have the following:
1. Since Reverse Flash doesn't exist anymore, the real Harrison Wells was never killed by Eobard Thawne, so he should still be alive. THat also means S.T.A.R. Labs is still years away from becoming a success (which is true because this was talked about in season 1). That also means, Barry Allen wouldn't be the Flash (not yet anyway).
2. Nora Allen is still alive and Henry Allen never goes to prison.
3. Barry Allen "possibly" never becomes a Forensic Scientist for the Police Department.
4. Barry Allen never moves in with Joe West.
5. Barry Allen still becomes the Flash but not for another 5 or 6 years (as revealed in dialogue from the first season).
6. Dr. Wells fired Pied Piper (can't remember his real name) because he had moral issues with the particle accelerator. So in a reset timeline, Pied Piper could still be working at S.T.A.R. Labs.
7. Ronnie would be married to Caitlin Snow since he didn't become Firestorm (but most likely would later on down the road in a reset timeline).
The list goes on, but I can't think of anything more. So, realistically, what happened in the season 1 finale should have reset the entire timeline. Season 2 SHOULD have realistically opened with at least a five year time jump where the above list applies. And then we'd have to go through Barry Allen's journey to becoming Flash again...
But instead, the writers chose to keep the original timeline when anyone giving this serious thought, it doesn't make sense. I was worried the writers were going to make a mess of things by introducing the multiverse if not done right. But I was wrong...they already have made a mess of things.
And it's looking like the writers don't even care. They keep this up, the Flash will be cancelled before or during season 3. It's already too confusing and pretty messy.
But as Iron Man Unit and have both speculated, maybe Rip Hunter comes along and stops Eddie from killing himself, thus bringing back the Reverse Flash back into existing again.
WHo knows. I just hope the writers are aware of this mess on their hands and fix it before the show is cancelled.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|