|The Flash >> View Post|
Subj: The Flash â€œWelcome to Earth-2â€œ Review and Zoom Suspects List Updated *SPOILERS*
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 at 06:08:22 pm GMT (Viewed 213 times)
Barry is still determined to help Harry rescue his daughter from the clutches of Zoom and so Team Flash works together and closes all but one portal to Earth-2. In a short conversation with Iris, Barry tries to re-assure her everything is going to be fine and that he has faced danger before. But we the fans know that Zoom is not one to be trifled with and the danger is greater than Barry realizes, he just doesnâ€™t know it yet. Alone and trapped on a world not their own, Barry, Cisco and Harry will have their work cut out for them once they rescue Jesse, IF they rescue Jesse.
Barry actually has an idea for once instead of Cisco or Caitlin and that is to replace his Earth-2 doppleganger to try and find Zoom. In a neat twist, we see Floyd Lawton AKA Deadshot but heâ€™s not the famed assassin in this universe and Barry is married to Iris who is a detective. But the neat part was seeing Killer Frost and Deathstorm. This can only mean trouble for Team Flash.
In a very emotional scene that Grant Gustin plays so well, Barry finds that his mother is still alive and well on this Earth. It was touching to see Barry getting to say he loves her and another chance to talk to his Mom. It was a great scene and a moving one.
And things start to heat up on Earth-Prime when Geomancer shows up, wanting a fight with the Flash and then itâ€™s revealed that Jay is dying because he tried increasing his speed with Velocity 6. But the world needs the Flash and so itâ€™s a difficult decision to make, an impossible decision really. Take V-6 and speed up his death, save some lives or refuse to take V-6 and end up watching people die that Jay could have saved. What would you do?
If Barry had not traveled to Earth-2 then Joe-2 would still be alive...right? Right. So, itâ€™s partially Barryâ€™s fault for the death of Joe-2. Harry was right, Barry should not have gotten involved. But he had to act the hero and I cannot fault him for that because every hero makes mistakes. But the mistake here I will find fault with is that Barry is here on Earth-2 to help Jesse who is, arguably, in greater danger than anyone Barry cares about and he lost sight of that and itâ€™s only going to bite him in the butt later. Barry needs to learn a hard lesson that he cannot save everyone.
Reverb was such a great idea for an awesome villain and yet he gets killed all in one episode and without even showing Cisco how to shoot vibrational blasts of energy. But given the context of the story, there was no other end for him but to die. And Zoom killing off Deathstorm like he did will only make Killer Frost turn against Zoom. I can see it now...betrayal. Perhaps in the next episode?
What a great episode this was. We got Velocity-7 and Barry got captured by Zoom. How will he be rescued? Stay tuned...
4 out of 5 stars.
1. Danielle Panabaker looks GREAT as Killer Frost! Ohhh, now I wanna see her play Earth-Prime Killer Frost!
1. Barry has closed all portals but one to Earth-2 and Zoom just letâ€™s him?! Something fishy is going on here.
2. Alright, Barry is a metahuman and walks into the joint that Joe-2 sings at and no oneâ€™s metahuman detector goes off and yet all of them do when Killer Frost and Deathstorm show up?
3. Iâ€™m sorry but a glass container cannot keep out a man that can simply vibrate through it.
1. When Barry Allen, Harry and Cisco step through the last portal to Earth-2 we see three images. The first looks like an alternate version of Green Arrow, the second is John Wesley Shipp as the Flash and the third is Melissa Benoistâ€™s Supergirl (YEAH!). Shortly after this scene follows another scene of Barry and his two friends going through the portal with three more images. The first two are boring but the third is the most interesting. Youâ€™ll have to pause it to see clearly what it is. And itâ€™s a Legion Flight Ring! This proves the Multiverse exists!
2. On Earth-2 Barry Allenâ€™s home phone, we see a list of names. Three of them are most interesting and they are Bruce, Hal and Diana. I think itâ€™s pretty obvious who those names belong to.
3. While on the phone with Barryâ€™s Mom, she mentions Atlantis. As we all know, this is the home of Aquaman in the comics.
With NO portals to Earth-2, Jay Garrick cannot possibly be Zoom since we clearly saw Zoom on Earth-2! Jay is eliminated as a suspect.
Earth-2 Barry Allen is eliminated as a possible suspect for being Zoom. Iris has a watch that can detect Metahumans and hers would have detected her Barry as a metahuman had he been Zoom. Since he is a normal human being, he cannot possibly be Zoom.
Earth-2 Henry Allen is still alive and married to Barryâ€™s Mom. There is simply no way heâ€™s Zoom now. He has been eliminated from the Zoom Suspects list.
My updated list is as follows:
1. Hunter Zolomon. Itâ€™s possible that Jayâ€™s experiment that gave him his powers also had a side effect and that side effect was creating an evil duplicate of himself named Hunter Zolomon. Jay is powerless while Hunter is not and is forcing Jay to be his inside man with Team Flash. This is a possibility, but Jay himself cannot be Zoom as proven by the latest episode. The evidence is too hard to deny. So, that leaves Hunter being a duplicate of Jay and he shows up in the season 2 opener, spies on Team Flash, figures out who they are and an Earth-2 villain shows up to kill Barry? Suspicious.
2. Eddie Thawne is listed as a name on Earth-2 Barry Allenâ€™s phone. Heâ€™s alive and well on Earth-2 so itâ€™s possible Eddie is Zoom.
3. Force of Nature.
4. Earth-2 Fake Wally West.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|