The Flash >> View Thread

Author
Ancient One 

Manager

Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 7,832


Today, DC posted a Flash poll. Basically a 'Who's the best Flash' question.

Now, knowing it's mostly modern readers who vote in these things, it was with a heavy heart I looked at the results.

But the results were unexpected, and heart warming. With over seven hundred votes cast, Barry Allen is running away with it (No pun intended).

Finally, this nonsense that Wally West is the greatest Flash seems to be a thing of the past.

Barry is king again with the readers!


Attachments

flash.jpg (769 x 360)
Posted with Google Chrome 91.0.4472.77 on Windows 10
Dakota


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



    Quote:
    Today, DC posted a Flash poll. Basically a 'Who's the best Flash' question.



    Quote:
    Now, knowing it's mostly modern readers who vote in these things, it was with a heavy heart I looked at the results.



    Quote:
    But the results were unexpected, and heart warming. With over seven hundred votes cast, Barry Allen is running away with it (No pun intended).



    Quote:
    Finally, this nonsense that Wally West is the greatest Flash seems to be a thing of the past.



    Quote:
    Barry is king again with the readers!


I think you're forgetting what "modern" readers have been exposed to, if you mean younger ones.

"Modern" readers would only know Barry Allen, especially with the TV show. It's been 12 years since Barry came back in the comics and Wally was left behind the scenes. And it's been 10 years since red-haired Wally ceased to exist after Flashpoint, being replaced by the newer version that also appeared in the TV show.



Posted with Google Chrome 91.0.4472.101 on Windows 10
Ancient One 

Manager

Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 7,832




    Quote:
    I think you're forgetting what "modern" readers have been exposed to, if you mean younger ones.



    Quote:
    "Modern" readers would only know Barry Allen, especially with the TV show. It's been 12 years since Barry came back in the comics and Wally was left behind the scenes. And it's been 10 years since red-haired Wally ceased to exist after Flashpoint, being replaced by the newer version that also appeared in the TV show.


Lol! Wow! Just shows you how long I haven't been reading Flash for.

What happened to Wally?


Posted with Google Chrome 91.0.4472.114 on Windows 10
Dakota


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



    Quote:


      Quote:
      I think you're forgetting what "modern" readers have been exposed to, if you mean younger ones.

      Quote:

        Quote:
        "Modern" readers would only know Barry Allen, especially with the TV show. It's been 12 years since Barry came back in the comics and Wally was left behind the scenes. And it's been 10 years since red-haired Wally ceased to exist after Flashpoint, being replaced by the newer version that also appeared in the TV show.



    Quote:
    Lol! Wow! Just shows you how long I haven't been reading Flash for.



    Quote:
    What happened to Wally?


Red haired Wally is back now... Short version, the speedsters like Wally and Jay were trapped in the speed force after Flashpoint by Dr Manhattan (of the Watchmen). Wally made it out in 2016 when Barry remembered him during the "Rebirth" stories, and the others got out after the Doomsday Clock mini exposed what Dr Manhattan did to change DC history.



Posted with Google Chrome 91.0.4472.114 on Windows 7

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software