|Green Lantern >> View Post|
Subj: Thoughts Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #35 *SPOILERS*
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 01:11:02 pm EST (Viewed 321 times)
1. I may hate Guy, but he made the best statement of the entire comic when asked about his thoughts on calling the Corps for back up. "There's four legs on a table. Four walls on a house. And four seats in a Mustang GT. We're the four Corpsmen. You don't screw with what works."
2. The Controllers make more of themselves, but they need their eyes checked. One of them claims they outnumber the Guardians but I count 7 Controllers and 9 Guardians. How these guys expect to take over the universe when they cannot even do basic math?
3. I really hope Sayd doesn't die.
4. Looks like the GL's are kicking butt. Good to see Guy creating a fist construct. See? It's not just Hal.
5. The rings have Scanner X-Ray Vision! Nice!
6. Guy gets wounded when he takes a shot for Hal.
7. Those Vibrational Blasters sure are making mince meat out of the GL's constructs. Looks like our four GL's are pinned down.
8. John, Hal and Kyle quote Guy from what he said earlier. They rally and kick the foot soldiers butts.
9. Great ending! Ha ha. Can't wait for next issue.
What did you think of this issue?
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|