Incredible Hulk Message Board >> View Thread

Author
Punchdrunk




If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Windows 2000
Daveym




> If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?

I don't know if even HE knows the answers to those questions... but the writer better had!
Here is where this series could fall flat on it's face - that we reach the critical point where the Hulk has to make a decision on this and either flounces it or the plot turns 180 degrees into the other direction and avoids any definite answers \:\-\*
Given the abilities and experience of the Illuminati members I'm not convinced they would stay prisoner for long anyway I just hope there isn't yet another Marvel non-ending for this series, there has to be resolution.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
anoddity




> > If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?
>
> I don't know if even HE knows the answers to those questions... but the writer better had!
> Here is where this series could fall flat on it's face - that we reach the critical point where the Hulk has to make a decision on this and either flounces it or the plot turns 180 degrees into the other direction and avoids any definite answers \:\-\*
> Given the abilities and experience of the Illuminati members I'm not convinced they would stay prisoner for long anyway I just hope there isn't yet another Marvel non-ending for this series, there has to be resolution.
>

Greg Pak is writing this. He knows what he is doing because he already has a third act planned for Hulk! I think we'll definitely have a resolution to this drama.

As for what he'll do. I think he'll give them a taste of what it was like to have your freedom taken away and have to fight for your life. We might see them have to fight one another to protect the ones they love (though I'm not sure if it will be to the death or just until the opponents are 'knocked out'). Sentry will interrupt this, become Void, and Hulk will save all their candy asses. He'll leave afterword and tell them that next time he won't be there to save their bacon.

The End.

;)


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
GammaSpidey




I'd be perfectly fine with Hulk killing Reed (if he turns out to be a Skrull); or even Sentry (technically he isn't a real person).


> If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 on Windows Server 2003
Punchdrunk




I like your story take and I too have great faith in Pak. (I wish he was writing Thor). It just hit me that if I had ol' greenskin's rage,power, and skill I wouldn't be satisfied with a public beatdown. Something more painful and permanent would be required.
>
> Greg Pak is writing this. He knows what he is doing because he already has a third act planned for Hulk! I think we'll definitely have a resolution to this drama.
>
> As for what he'll do. I think he'll give them a taste of what it was like to have your freedom taken away and have to fight for your life. We might see them have to fight one another to protect the ones they love (though I'm not sure if it will be to the death or just until the opponents are 'knocked out'). Sentry will interrupt this, become Void, and Hulk will save all their candy asses. He'll leave afterword and tell them that next time he won't be there to save their bacon.
>
> The End.
>
> ;\)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Windows 2000
Ygor




> If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?

My guess? After smashing the $#@! out of the Illuminati, the Hulk and the Warbound imprison them, load them into a spaceship (equipped with a similar "failsafe device"....), and finally launch them off to some far-distant planet. Maybe the Hulk will check up on them. Maybe he won't. Either way, it would be a nice set-up for Act III. With all his personal enemies gone, the Hulk proclaims himself King of "New Sakaar" (aka Earth).





"Can't you see? He is the first time happy in his life!"


--Ygor, as he was before his fateful transformation into the most Fiendish immortal ever created......

The Ygor-Monster



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
God Dragon




I think the Hulk is going to realize that just beating the snot out of everyone who crossed you does not solve everything. I think the Illuminati are going to realize that they were wrong to exile the Hulk. No, the two sides aren't going to hug and sing KUM-BAH-YAH together. There will DEFINITELY be bad feelings and distrust. But I think both will realize that they made mistakes, and the tension between them all is going to continue.

I agree the Hulk will likely make the Illuminati fight each other, gladiatorial style. I also think the Hulk will put a serious hurt on all of them. But no, none of the Illuminati are going to die, or even get injured in any permanent way.

This isn't going to end happily for anyone. I've said it before: the Hulk is NOT going to come out happy after WWH ends. And neither will the Illuminati.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Grubs




.


Posted with Mozilla 1.7 on Windows XP
dave




> I'd be perfectly fine with Hulk killing Reed (if he turns out to be a Skrull); or even Sentry (technically he isn't a real person).
>

Robert Reynolds is a real person and he turns into the Sentry. Killing the Sentry kills Rob. Just because the Void existed before the Sentry persona does not mean that it's not actually Bob.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
GammaSpidey




> > I'd be perfectly fine with Hulk killing Reed (if he turns out to be a Skrull); or even Sentry (technically he isn't a real person).
> >
>
> Robert Reynolds is a real person and he turns into the Sentry. Killing the Sentry kills Rob. Just because the Void existed before the Sentry persona does not mean that it's not actually Bob.

You need to go read the last Sentry mini-series again. Robert Reynolds was the Void, the Sentry is a separate persona that finally managed to split apart from Rob. That is why "Robert" cannot relate to his wife, etc. becuase he is not really Robert Reynolds.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
joefixit2




> If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?

I don't think the Hulk will kill them since Bruce is still in there somewhere and he would not allow that. The problem is that Miek and the Brood has no problem with killing so he best not leave them alone with them.

Maybe he will make them admit to the world what they did to show how much they are not heroes.

joefixit2
www.incrediblehulk.com


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
jigrig




> > If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?

>

> My guess? After smashing the $#@! out of the Illuminati, the Hulk and the Warbound imprison them, load them into a spaceship (equipped with a similar "failsafe device"....), and finally launch them off to some far-distant planet. Maybe the Hulk will check up on them. Maybe he won't. Either way, it would be a nice set-up for Act III. With all his personal enemies gone, the Hulk proclaims himself King of "New Sakaar" (aka Earth).



I would love this to happen & as first order of business Hulk should go to Oklahoma & LITERALLY boot Thors ass off Earth, I mean crumble his ass up in a ball & punt him into orbit.

>

>

>

>

>

> "Can't you see? He is the first time happy in his life!"

>

>

> --Ygor, as he was before his fateful transformation into the most Fiendish immortal ever created......

>

> The Ygor-Monster

>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Tchalla62




The Hulk will not kill any of the people he thinks is responsible for what happened . The destruction of the alien world wasn't caused by the heroes.

The heroes who have the power to end this aren't even confronting the Hulk :

1- Dr.Strange

2- Thor

3- Silversurfer


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
dave




> You need to go read the last Sentry mini-series again. Robert Reynolds was the Void, the Sentry is a separate persona that finally managed to split apart from Rob. That is why "Robert" cannot relate to his wife, etc. becuase he is not really Robert Reynolds.

This isn't true because Rob Reynolds still exists even though the Void is in the sun. The Sentry persona doesn't have any of Robert's emotional problems so when we see him curled up the fetal position on his couch it is Rob, not the Sentry.

It's difficult because the minis seem to contradict themselves on a number of points. However, just because Rob Reynods became the Void first and created the Sentry personal to combat it does not mean that the Void is the "real" Bob and the Sentry isn't. They're both the same guy. Robert Reynolds is not currently living in the sun and projecting a mental construct back to Earth.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
dave




> > If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?
>
> I don't think the Hulk will kill them since Bruce is still in there somewhere and he would not allow that. The problem is that Miek and the Brood has no problem with killing so he best not leave them alone with them.
>
> Maybe he will make them admit to the world what they did to show how much they are not heroes.
>

Didn't Tony already admit this publicly? Besides, I don't think many would argue with them after seeing Hulk lead an alien invasion and threaten the entire planet. If this were about arresting criminals then he would have taken Jen's offer to put them on trial.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Charlie




> If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?

There is no ultimate victory for the Hulk. Any scenario is going to be inherently unsatisfying. That's the problem with revenge, and it's a difficult situation in which the Hulk and the Marvel Universe currently finds themselves in.

-Charlie
THE SCREAMSHEET: Writing, music, and comedy
FANTASY AS YOU LIKE IT: My award-winning short story, guest-starring the Hulk!
SHADOWSLAYERS: My first novel, now on sale through Port Town Publishing


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP
Lance Eason




Then again, Cap died in Civil War, right?

If the Hulk was planning or even willing to kill the Illuminati, you'd think he would have already killed Blagbuilt (She Who Urinates Uncontrollably), Reed and Iron Man.
He's had them all at his mercy.

So either he doesn't plan to kill them at all or thinks they somehow hve to pay more first.

Even if he does intend to kill them, I don't think that's where Marvel will go with this story.

But that does leave your question - if he DOESN'T plan to kill them, what does he want to do with them? What could possibly satisfy him?

Does he even know the answer to this question? And would not the Warbound have brought up this question?

> If not- what will we he do with them. What does ultimate victory for Hulk's side look like?


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Lance Eason




> > Maybe he will make them admit to the world what they did to show how much they are not heroes.

> Didn't Tony already admit this publicly? Besides, I don't think many would argue with them after seeing Hulk lead an alien invasion and threaten the entire planet. If this were about arresting criminals then he would have taken Jen's offer to put them on trial.

The Hulk certainly doesn't trust a system of justice run by puny humans.
This is like an international incident.
Jen says let us put them on trial in our courts, they are citizens of earth. Hulk says let me put them on trial in my court, their crimes are against Sakaar.

I do agree that admitting their deed to the world would mean almost nothing.



Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software