|Incredible Hulk Message Board >> View Post|
Subj: Thor Ragnarok Comments (w Spoilers)
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 at 01:45:22 pm EDT (Viewed 575 times)
I went and saw Thor Ragnarok this morning, the first film I have seen in the theater since Captain America: Civil War a year and a half ago. These days I mainly wait for films to come out on TV on demand a few months later, but I made an exception this time only because Jade Jaws was in it. I don't dislike Thor, but Banner/Hulk is always been far and away my fav Marvel character.
1) The film didn't quite match the hype and the Thor-Hulk fight was way too short. Some fans had stated after seeing this they got the sense that the fight would have gone on for hours had the Grandmaster not interfered, The Hulk got up from two lightning shots (the first unexpected) and I would have liked to have seen some indication that the Hulk was starting to get angrier. I am admittedly biased, but no one is taking down the Hulk in a long Slugfest. Loki's reaction to Hulk smashing Thor they way he was Smashed in The Avengers was hilarious.
2) I guess sense Hulk did not turn back to Banner for more that two years indicates the Hulk can sleep without changing back.
3) Why did Thor wake up in Hulk's quarters? Did the Hulk have him taken there? otherwise I would think Thor would have been returned to the same area as the other contenders. Some line or scene was needed there.
4) The Hulk's fight with Fenris Wolf was also way too short. Not enough Hulk action. In
Age of Ultron, there was reportedly a terrific Hulk smash scene removed from the final cut because director Josh Whedon deemed it too good and wanted it saved for a later film. As a result in the final fight in Ultron there was way too much time passing during which the Hulk is fighting that we don't even see him, not even a quick two-second cut in between everything else that is going on. Did that happen again here? Enough!
5) Thor calls Hulk a Moron for attacking Surtur. When did anyone communicate this part of the plan to Banner or Hulk?
6) I get this sense that we will be seeing more Banner and Natasha in the upcoming Avenger films
7) In the trailers, you see Hulk, Thor, Valkyrie and Loki standing together - all four of them - on the bridge, but that never happened in the cut I saw. When Loki arrived on the bridge, Hulk was fighting Fenris Wolf in the water. Was that shot never intended for the film?
8) It was stated (but not seen) that the Hulk had killed
9) I would have liked s Hulk scene with Korg and Meik, his Warbound teammate from the comics. Otherwise, I don't see the point in them being there,
Overall, I am glad I went and saw it and that the Hulk is finally talking (about f****ing time) but there wasn't enough of him.
Yes, I know this was a Thor movie and not a Hulk movie but damnit, the Hulk was brought into this film to bring the Hulk fans in, Civil War was a Captain America film but Stark had a much bigger role than Hulk/Banner did here. I just wanted a little more of him, that's all.
Posted with Apple iPad 603.3.8
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software|