Justice League of America >> View Thread

Author
Maestro




Hi all \:\-\)

I've been following the new Flash ever since post Infinite Crisis and I've got to say... while he is still a newbie to the Flash game compared to the old Wally West, having the Speed Force contained within him has definitely put Bart in a class of his own now. Here he exceeds the speed of light as if it were nothing while for Wally it was always a big deal just reaching light speed. Whenever Wally broke the light speed Barrier there was always the risk that he would get trapped forever in the Speed Force. Obviously Bart doesn't have that problem now.

So, can the JLA actually get along without some kind of specialist Speedster, instead relying on Supes and Wonder Woman's natural speed ?

Or is Bart going to finally join ?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Cire




> Hi all \:\-\)
>
> Here he exceeds the speed of light as if it were nothing while for Wally it was always a big deal just reaching light speed.

I wouldn't say he exceeds the speed of light, as he has a head start. While both are moving at the speed of light, Bart had a slight advantage seeing that he started a millisecond before the beam.

> Whenever Wally broke the light speed Barrier there was always the risk that he would get trapped forever in the Speed Force.

IIRC, at the end of Wally run, the light speed barrier was no longer an issue. Wally had master the Speed Force enough that he could go pass the speed of light without any problems.

> Obviously Bart doesn't have that problem now.

True

> So, can the JLA actually get along without some kind of specialist Speedster, instead relying on Supes and Wonder Woman's natural speed ?

I let you know after issue 6 of the JLA. \:\-\)

> Or is Bart going to finally join ?

I would love to see Bart on the JLA


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 on Windows 2000
Racer Cool




I recently left the current Flash series after the first story arc. Bart doesn't really grow on me as the Flash like Wally and Barry did.

As for him joining the JLA ...... Personally, I believe he should be a member of the team. I think he's got enough experieince to play in the big leagues and Roy can take him under his wing to fill in the details. I really can't see him rejoining the Teen Titans. A guest appearance ...... yes, but not as a member. Even if Superboy/Connor is resurrected, Bart should not come back. He's moved on.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Maestro




> > Hi all \:\-\)
> >
> > Here he exceeds the speed of light as if it were nothing while for Wally it was always a big deal just reaching light speed.
>
> I wouldn't say he exceeds the speed of light, as he has a head start. While both are moving at the speed of light, Bart had a slight advantage seeing that he started a millisecond before the beam.
>

... if you follow Bart's race with the Photon beam closely you'll see that, while he did have a sliver of a lead in the beginning he was still so close that he could feel the heat of the beam. However in the middle of the race (for instance, across the Atlantic) Bart was clearly ahead by a decent margin and near the end he actually had to slow down so as to ensure the beam was close enough that it wouldn't miss the gun turret. Assuming the photon beam was traveling at the speed of light, Bart would have to have been going a good deal faster to accomplish what he did.

> > Whenever Wally broke the light speed Barrier there was always the risk that he would get trapped forever in the Speed Force.
>
> IIRC, at the end of Wally run, the light speed barrier was no longer an issue. Wally had master the Speed Force enough that he could go pass the speed of light without any problems.
>

Perhaps, but look how long it took Wally to do so. Bart pretty much shattered the light barrier in his first all out run.

> > Obviously Bart doesn't have that problem now.
>
> True
>
> > So, can the JLA actually get along without some kind of specialist Speedster, instead relying on Supes and Wonder Woman's natural speed ?
>
> I let you know after issue 6 of the JLA. \:\-\)
>
> > Or is Bart going to finally join ?
>
> I would love to see Bart on the JLA

Agreed \:\-\)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
stupid baby




> Hi all \:\-\)
>
> I've been following the new Flash ever since post Infinite Crisis and I've got to say... while he is still a newbie to the Flash game compared to the old Wally West, having the Speed Force contained within him has definitely put Bart in a class of his own now. Here he exceeds the speed of light as if it were nothing while for Wally it was always a big deal just reaching light speed. Whenever Wally broke the light speed Barrier there was always the risk that he would get trapped forever in the Speed Force. Obviously Bart doesn't have that problem now.
>
> So, can the JLA actually get along without some kind of specialist Speedster, instead relying on Supes and Wonder Woman's natural speed ?
>
> Or is Bart going to finally join ?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
The Chosen One




> > > Hi all \:\-\)
> > >
> > > Here he exceeds the speed of light as if it were nothing while for Wally it was always a big deal just reaching light speed.
> >
> > I wouldn't say he exceeds the speed of light, as he has a head start. While both are moving at the speed of light, Bart had a slight advantage seeing that he started a millisecond before the beam.
> >
>
> ... if you follow Bart's race with the Photon beam closely you'll see that, while he did have a sliver of a lead in the beginning he was still so close that he could feel the heat of the beam. However in the middle of the race (for instance, across the Atlantic) Bart was clearly ahead by a decent margin and near the end he actually had to slow down so as to ensure the beam was close enough that it wouldn't miss the gun turret. Assuming the photon beam was traveling at the speed of light, Bart would have to have been going a good deal faster to accomplish what he did.
>
> > > Whenever Wally broke the light speed Barrier there was always the risk that he would get trapped forever in the Speed Force.
> >
> > IIRC, at the end of Wally run, the light speed barrier was no longer an issue. Wally had master the Speed Force enough that he could go pass the speed of light without any problems.
> >
>
> Perhaps, but look how long it took Wally to do so. Bart pretty much shattered the light barrier in his first all out run.

To be honest, Bart was doing things as *Impulse* that Wally couldn't do too well, such as vibrating through solid objects without shattering them and other such. In fact, up until the Teen Titans run, he was able to make Speed Force clones of himself (a feat no other speedster has quite matched).



>
> > > Obviously Bart doesn't have that problem now.
> >
> > True
> >
> > > So, can the JLA actually get along without some kind of specialist Speedster, instead relying on Supes and Wonder Woman's natural speed ?
> >
> > I let you know after issue 6 of the JLA. \:\-\)
> >
> > > Or is Bart going to finally join ?
> >
> > I would love to see Bart on the JLA
>
> Agreed \:\-\)

Personally, I think Bart is begin written poorly. The guy's essentially a four-year-old inside a 20-something body. The only "experience" he's really had has been through a VR simulator and reading a whole bunch of books really fast. He has no real social experience, no real-world lessons other than his brief tenure with Young Justice and the Teen Titans.

Make Bart BART, not Barry West or Wally Allen (and yes, I have purposefully amalgamated Barry and Wally's names together). Make him his own lovable, huggable individual.

But that's my rant.

The Chosen One has spoken. Heed and obey.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Nights




> I recently left the current Flash series after the first story arc. Bart doesn't really grow on me as the Flash like Wally and Barry did.
>
> As for him joining the JLA ...... Personally, I believe he should be a member of the team. I think he's got enough experieince to play in the big leagues and Roy can take him under his wing to fill in the details. I really can't see him rejoining the Teen Titans. A guest appearance ...... yes, but not as a member. Even if Superboy/Connor is resurrected, Bart should not come back. He's moved on.
>
>

Roy did such a bang up job the last time he had Bart on the team and mentor him.

I am of the mind that it was horrible idea to make Bart the Flash this way. Bart been push in to to many roles since Young Justice. He been Wally lit and now her Barry the 2nd. I would rather Bart would go back being himself. You want to write about a Flash who was a cop go get Barry. Bart never been much for doing things by the book and the whole idea of him playing by cop rules.



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Nights




Chosen One sum it up perfectly. We are just seeing Barry and Wally be merge to make a new character. Bart been gone since that horrible G-Day mini killed Young Justice.

I would read a Bart Allen Flash book if it was actually be written with as the star.But will not read Barry West as Bart Allen as The Flash.(great idea with the name.)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
XtremeOne1




> Chosen One sum it up perfectly. We are just seeing Barry and Wally be merge to make a new character. Bart been gone since that horrible G-Day mini killed Young Justice.
>
> I would read a Bart Allen Flash book if it was actually be written with as the star.But will not read Barry West as Bart Allen as The Flash.(great idea with the name.)


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
aquaman




hec no bart doesnt even to deserve to be the new flash. which is why I dropped the book



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Flycatcher




The first few issues of JLA show that they're interested in him and I'm sure he'll join eventualy. However, Metzler's roster seems to be fixed so he won't be joining right away, which works out fine, as it will give him more time to get his footing as Flash.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Scott




We have rules at Comicboards about using multiple handles. Please pick one and stick with it.

Scott


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software