Justice League of America >> View Thread





gallifrey.monkeylord.net (23.11.196.3)
using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP (0.68 points)
Author
Kevin




With the Justice League now with a new team line-up, how long do you think it will last? The league have been known for going though so many members more then once and not many stay very long? Which members do you think will left if things don't work out? Who do you wish or hope would be on the team?


Posted with Mozilla 1.0.2 on MacOS X
Scott




The membership will change with each new writer adding in his or her own pet characters.

Scott


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
TJ Burns




> The membership will change with each new writer adding in his or her own pet characters.
>
> Scott

Personally, I don't see this going down as an iconic lineup. Roy would be my bet as first to go.


TJB


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Windows XP
Ironing Man




I think the line-up will stick around. Meltzer said he was setting up the team and direction for another writer to take over. Like Scott said, I could see a writer adding a 'pet' character of theirs. but I don't think they'd do a whole make-over for the team.

Also, as far as I can tell from interviews and stuff, a lot of the current DC writing staff enjoy and respect Meltzer's work. I think the team will be safe for a little while.



....at least I hope.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
howlermouse




> > The membership will change with each new writer adding in his or her own pet characters.
> >
> > Scott
>
> Personally, I don't see this going down as an iconic lineup. Roy would be my bet as first to go.
>
I don't know...Roy's being set up to have some time put on him in the book. He's attracted to Hawkgirl that could lead to conflict with Hawkman. Ollie will be soooo proud.Plus Black Canary and Lantern have a little click going on with him.
My bets on Black Lightning whenever a new writer comes along.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Scott




> My bets on Black Lightning whenever a new writer comes along.

I believe that's a safe bet. Or Geo-Force, if he actually becomes a member.

Scott


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
RodimusPrime




> With the Justice League now with a new team line-up, how long do you think it will last? The league have been known for going though so many members more then once and not many stay very long? Which members do you think will left if things don't work out? Who do you wish or hope would be on the team?

... in fact, the only thing they need is Flash and Martian Manhunter and they are all set. Flash, because the team needs that speedster; and Martian Manhunter, simply because it's not the league without him. There is a good mix of iconic, well-known, and not so well-known. There is the Big 3, Black Canary, Green Lantern, and Hawk Girl (well known), and then they have Black Lightning, Vixen, and Arsenal/Red Arrow (not so well known, but cool characters that SHOULD be getting exposure).
IMO, it's a great mix. Though I sincerely hope that Geo-Force will not be part of the team... and if he is, only temporary.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Scott




> Martian Manhunter, simply because it's not the league without him.

Despite that fact that we had a league without him for 15 years before Gerry Conway thought to bring him back? I like J'Onn and no offense meant to anyone but it always gets me when people say "he is the league" or "it's not the league without him". The JLA did just fine with him and without him.

Scott


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Redd Foreman




I would like to see how they had it set up on the cartoon series, except it wouldn't really matter if the Green Lantern was Hal or John. JUST NOT KYLE! I HATE THAT GUY!
I also thought DC missed out when they brought the alien Hawkwoman back and then killed her off. I think they should have had her become a JLA Hawkwoman. I am not to keen on the Hawkgirl with the short boy hair cut.
I hate Bart with a passion. I wish they would get on with it and bring Barry back and quit stalling. We know it's coming.

Make the JLA like this...

Batman
Superman
Green Lantern (hal or John)
Flash (Wally or Barry)
Wonder Woman
Hawkwoman
Aquaman
Black Canaray
and of course the ORGINAL Green Arrow (knock this stupid Red Arrow Jr. crap. He looks absolutely ridiculous)

My two cents. Kick those writers square in the ass and get them to wake up.


Redd


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Spiffy




> With the Justice League now with a new team line-up, how long do you think it will last?

As long as there are heroes who's limbs haven't been ripped off yet. When the number of limb severings gets too high (lets say Black Canary's leg, Vixen's head and Black Lightning's err... whatever.

Joking aside, if they keep the ultra-violent tone they set in the first arc, they are going to feel obliged to start killing people off sooner or later. The three I mentioned above are the most at risk I think (more in terms of their roles rather than mere power levels). Canary would be the great tragedy that shakes the team to its very core, and yet isn't actually all that surprising. Vixen, despite being on the team before and successful, honestly has cannon-fodder written all over her. Black Lighting? He just doesn't seem that essential either, unless they really start ramping his exposure up.

Hawkgirl could be dead meat too, but only if her solo title gets dropped first.

Ah heck. Pretty much anyone in the "2nd line" of that Justice League of America #7 cover could be made expendable, plus as I said possibly Black Canary if they want a huge shocker.



> The league have been known for going though so many members more then once and not many stay very long? Which members do you think will left if things don't work out? Who do you wish or hope would be on the team?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2pre on Linux
CSBlakebrough




> > Martian Manhunter, simply because it's not the league without him.
>
> Despite that fact that we had a league without him for 15 years before Gerry Conway thought to bring him back? I like J'Onn and no offense meant to anyone but it always gets me when people say "he is the league" or "it's not the league without him". The JLA did just fine with him and without him.

True, but the fact so many people link Jonn so closely with the league speaks volumes about the impact he's made on readers.
Sure the league managed without him but since he joined after that he's made it his home drawn the focus and in many ways has become a mainstay of the league.
So I do agree with a lot of other folks that now it just isn't the league without him.

(and a Flash - it isn't the league without one of them either! \:\) )
>
> Scott

Carl S Blakebrough
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on" - Dean Martin


The Doctor Who Message Board
The Doctor Who Message Board

Checkmate Message Board
The Checkmate Message Board

Green Arrow Message Board
The Green Arrow Message Board

Vertigo/Wildstorm Message Board
The Vertigo/Wildstorm Message Board

Fastback




I am from the days of the Super Friends. I used to love Challenge of the super friends. Sadly, I got into DC comics because of that lame cartoon. I never really liked Martian Manhunter. He has the same powers as everyone else. I just don't dig him.
The Martian-less lineups in JLA seem to be fine. The JLA will survive without him. I think it was the Super Friends that made Martian Manhunter a lesser known JLA guy and unfortunatley that is why he got shoved to the back.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Scott




> I am from the days of the Super Friends. I used to love Challenge of the super friends. Sadly, I got into DC comics because of that lame cartoon...I think it was the Super Friends that made Martian Manhunter a lesser known JLA guy and unfortunatley that is why he got shoved to the back.

Martian Manhunter was never on "Challenge of the Superfriends". He may have been on the much later Superfriends series based on the Super Powers action figure line but I never saw him on that either.

Scott


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Fastback




READ THE POST!
Martian Manhunter not being on "The Super Friends" made him a less of a character that the main streem knew. Thus, he isn't really missed by me in the less JLA lineups.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Scott




> READ THE POST!

I did.

> Martian Manhunter not being on "The Super Friends" made him a less of a character that the main streem knew.

Now re-read your post.

"I think it was the Super Friends that made Martian Manhunter a lesser known JLA guy and unfortunatley that is why he got shoved to the back."

When "Superfriends" and "Challenge of the Superfriends" were on tv, Martian Manhunter was not in the JLA or even in DC comics at the time. So those shows couldn't have made MM a lesser known JLA guy and those shows didn't shove him anywhere.

Scott


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Zazu




> > READ THE POST!
>
> I did.
>
> > Martian Manhunter not being on "The Super Friends" made him a less of a character that the main streem knew.
>
> Now re-read your post.
>
> "I think it was the Super Friends that made Martian Manhunter a lesser known JLA guy and unfortunatley that is why he got shoved to the back."
>
> When "Superfriends" and "Challenge of the Superfriends" were on tv, Martian Manhunter was not in the JLA or even in DC comics at the time. So those shows couldn't have made MM a lesser known JLA guy and those shows didn't shove him anywhere.
>
> Scott

I read your post, Fastback, and I understood what you meant. The cartoon brought in new fans of the JLA who never knew J'onn. Those fans were not familiar with him because he wasn't in the cartoon or the comics (Superfriends or JLA) at the time and therefore that "generation" of fans didn't miss him or think of him as being such an integral part of the team.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Scott




Thanks for the translation!

Scott


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software