|Justice League of America >> View Post|
Subj: JLA #10 questions! [SPOILERS]
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 02:04:46 pm EDT
Reply Subj: Re: COIE [SPOILERS]
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 11:00:38 pm EDT
So could this issue be more cryptic? I’m not a long-time follower of the JLA or LoSH, so I might miss out on some references, but this was ridiculous. And I also don’t want to have to buy Countdown to understand this issue. So can anyone answer these questions?
1. Who is Proty?
2. Where was Hal in Central City where he had been before?
3. Where was Batman in Gotham City where he had been before?
4. Why and how did Hal and Bruce see Barry?
5. Did Dreamgirl foresee that she was going to die or was Jay just speculating? And since no one died, did she foresee that too? Didn’t she say otherwise before? Was she wrong?
6. Why did Karate Kid need the shield? No JLA/JSA member was near him or knew where he was. If it was to protect him from the lightning, wouldn’t that circumvent the self-sacrifice aspect of the whole scenario?
7. How does bringing Wally back “save a universe” as Dreamgirl said?
8. Why does Karate Kid say, “Lightning Lad,” before he is struck by the lightning? Where did the lightning come from?
9. Why does Wildfire say to Red Tornado, “Fight what’s inside you, John”? Was it previously in continuity that Wildfire has Red Tornado’s body? Is it now in current continuity? How can that even be since Wildfire is made up of energy?
10. How did Jay get from Keystone City to Blue Valley (at least a few hundred miles) so fast? Isn’t his speed limited to the speed of sound now? I know Power Girl is now a full Kryptonian, but can even she fly from Tokyo to Nebraska, fully half way around the world, in the time it takes to say, “Tracking them right now.”
11. What does Karate Kid mean when he says, “No, you’re not,” after Wally says, “I’m faster than anyone”? Who does KK think is faster?
12. Who is the shadowy figure who appears before Karate Kid near the end?
13. Did Brainiac 5 not know who the Legion was retrieving? He seemed surprised to hear it was Wally.
14. Who did Batman think was going to be revived?
15. Did Karate Kid really dodge the lightning, or if he was just being facetious as we saw him get hit, what actually happened?
16. Why didn’t a Legionnaire die as previously stated would be the case?
17. Was this a pre-Crisis version of the Legion or the New Earth version or some other version altogether?
Was this issue anticlimactic or what? I think it's one of the most confusing issues I've ever read in a comic and I've been reading comics for over 20 years.