Justice League of America >> View Thread

Author
PaulMc




Just read JLA# 12 and I am still really enjoying the book....wasn't so keen in issue #11 but am glad to see ed benes back this month....

couple of things...

1. Good to see Aquaman and Jon'zz back again but would have been even better if Zatanna had joined them and they had interacted with the rest of the team....

2. Roy and Kendra? Wow! Am glad they hooked up...did kendra have a child? I didn't know.....

3. Would a child visit Cheshire in jail with a quiver of arrows on her back? this is a woman who once escaped from jail using just a plastic butter knife.

4. A potential romance with Vixen and Geo-Force? i'd like to see her back with the bronze tiger...

5. Deathstroke - has a lot to pay for....i think its time the league took him out once and for all....


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
Gernot




>
> 4. A potential romance with Vixen and Geo-Force? i'd like to see her back with the bronze tiger...
>

Geo-Force was MARRIED, and this happened around 1993 or so. Did they ret-con that away, or was he widowed or something?

What happened here?

Gernot...

*The Justice League Of America Board

*The Cartoon Board

My MySpace

My YouTube Channel

My Yahoo Clubs!

Superman, Man Of Tomorrow

To Be Continued

Kartoon Klub


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
auaman




> Just read JLA# 12 and I am still really enjoying the book....wasn't so keen in issue #11 but am glad to see ed benes back this month....
>
> couple of things...
>
> 1. Good to see Aquaman and Jon'zz back again but would have been even better if Zatanna had joined them and they had interacted with the rest of the team....
>


isnt the real aquaman kind of dead now or has turned into water?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
howlermouse




> >
> > 4. A potential romance with Vixen and Geo-Force? i'd like to see her back with the bronze tiger...
> >
>
> Geo-Force was MARRIED, and this happened around 1993 or so. Did they ret-con that away, or was he widowed or something?
>
> What happened here?
>
Heh!
Hey man. He's royalty from a foreign country. He can do what he wants. Remember what Mel Brooks said; " It's good to be the king!" \:\-p



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Gernot




> > >
> > > 4. A potential romance with Vixen and Geo-Force? i'd like to see her back with the bronze tiger...
> > >
> >
> > Geo-Force was MARRIED, and this happened around 1993 or so. Did they ret-con that away, or was he widowed or something?
> >
> > What happened here?
> >
> Heh!
> Hey man. He's royalty from a foreign country. He can do what he wants. Remember what Mel Brooks said; " It's good to be the king!" \:\-p
>

He USED to be NOBLE. He should STILL be noble! That means, once you're married, you STAY married! (and faithful!)

Gernot...

*The Justice League Of America Board

*The Cartoon Board

My MySpace

My YouTube Channel

My Yahoo Clubs!

Superman, Man Of Tomorrow

To Be Continued

Kartoon Klub


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
CavalierArtist




I guess it's just me, but I've found the latest run of JLA to be one of the worst ever. Brad Meltzer's writing is convoluted and tedious. He spends issue after issue, as in the latest, trying to justify his line-up, telling us why they're all so great. I think this is one of the weakest teams- Geo? Vixen? - unless the mysterious trio of Superman, Wonderwoman, and Batman join in. I'm all for sacrificing action for characterization, but this has neither. Nothing really happens, except that Roy is a chip off the old block. And I resent having Alex Ross's Kingdom Come World pushed on us. Give me back Arsenal. The most difficult to digest is the throw back to the Image Era with Ed Benes's scratchy lined, balloon busted babes. Grow up! Okay, I got that off my chest. If you like it, well then enjoy. For me, I'm canceling the book until a new team takes over.



> Just read JLA# 12 and I am still really enjoying the book....wasn't so keen in issue #11 but am glad to see ed benes back this month....

>

> couple of things...

>

> 1. Good to see Aquaman and Jon'zz back again but would have been even better if Zatanna had joined them and they had interacted with the rest of the team....

>

> 2. Roy and Kendra? Wow! Am glad they hooked up...did kendra have a child? I didn't know.....

>

> 3. Would a child visit Cheshire in jail with a quiver of arrows on her back? this is a woman who once escaped from jail using just a plastic butter knife.

>

> 4. A potential romance with Vixen and Geo-Force? i'd like to see her back with the bronze tiger...

>

> 5. Deathstroke - has a lot to pay for....i think its time the league took him out once and for all....


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP
jedispyder




> > Just read JLA# 12 and I am still really enjoying the book....wasn't so keen in issue #11 but am glad to see ed benes back this month....
> >
> > couple of things...
> >
> > 1. Good to see Aquaman and Jon'zz back again but would have been even better if Zatanna had joined them and they had interacted with the rest of the team....
> >
>
>
> isnt the real aquaman kind of dead now or has turned into water?
Mind you I haven't read the last 6 issues of Aquaman or so, but it was revealed that the "real" Arthur was the Dweller in the Depths that was teaching the replacement Arthur (young kid with same name and powers).


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
KreeCapt




> > > Just read JLA# 12 and I am still really enjoying the book....wasn't so keen in issue #11 but am glad to see ed benes back this month....
> > >
> > > couple of things...
> > >
> > > 1. Good to see Aquaman and Jon'zz back again but would have been even better if Zatanna had joined them and they had interacted with the rest of the team....
> > >
> >
> >
> > isnt the real aquaman kind of dead now or has turned into water?
> Mind you I haven't read the last 6 issues of Aquaman or so, but it was revealed that the "real" Arthur was the Dweller in the Depths that was teaching the replacement Arthur (young kid with same name and powers).

Seeing "Aquaman" in JLA 12 caused me to scratch my head. While it is true the the Dweller of the Depths was the real Aquaman, he was killed in Issue 50. Later on his body had been transformed into a water body. Still presumed dead.

So what "Aquaman" are we seeing in 12? The way they are talking it looks like it's Arthur "Orin" Curry, but how?! If so, sloppy writing. Yet, the mere glimpse of his costume suggests it's Arthur Joseph Curry. So confusing, much like Brads run on JLA. I'm looking forward to a new writer.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 on MacOS X

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software