Marvel Universe >> View Thread

Author
autochron




Yep this too...

Who are your top 25 iconic villians? My list is below and it (hopefully) reflects both a modern and an historical perspective.

If I get enough of these maybe I'll put 'em on a spreadsheet or something... Etc. Of course these and the heroes list is no particular order.

1. Doctor Doom
2. The Red Skull
3. The Mandarin
4. The Leader
5. The Abomination
6. Sabretooth
7. Mephisto
8. Kang
9. Ultron
10. Galactus
11. The Kingpin
12. Apocalypse
13. Bullseye
14. The Enchantress
15. Venom
16. The Green Goblin
17. Magneto
18. Mystique
19. Loki
20. The Sandman
21. Thanos
22. The Juggernaut
23. Dormammu
24. Anihillus
25. The Mole Man


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows Vista
USAgentfan




> Yep this too...
>
> Who are your top 25 iconic villians? My list is below and it (hopefully) reflects both a modern and an historical perspective.
>
> If I get enough of these maybe I'll put 'em on a spreadsheet or something... Etc. Of course these and the heroes list is no particular order.
>
> 1. Doctor Doom
> 2. The Red Skull
> 3. The Mandarin
> 4. The Leader
> 5. The Abomination
> 6. Sabretooth
> 7. Mephisto
> 8. Kang
> 9. Ultron
> 10. Galactus
> 11. The Kingpin
> 12. Apocalypse
> 13. Bullseye
> 14. The Enchantress
> 15. Venom
> 16. The Green Goblin
> 17. Magneto
> 18. Mystique
> 19. Loki
> 20. The Sandman
> 21. Thanos
> 22. The Juggernaut
> 23. Dormammu
> 24. Anihillus
> 25. The Mole Man

I think that Maximus would have to be in that list before some of the others.




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows XP
Emperor Doom




> 1. Doctor Doom
of course. #1 villain of all time.

> 2. The Red Skull
Def. the #2 spot.

> 3. The Mandarin
He's only a menace to Iron Man. no way he's this high up.

> 4. The Leader
Same as Mandarin. Not even the top Hulk villain. Abmination and Thunderbolt Ross are bigger Hulk villains.

> 5. The Abomination
He's top 25. Not 5 though. Maybe 15-17 range.

> 6. Sabretooth
Maybe the 12 or 13 spot.

> 7. Mephisto
This one is ok.

> 8. Kang
This one's not bad either. Often overlooked, but a huge villain.

> 9. Ultron
Good spot. Maybe 8.

> 10. Galactus
Wouldn't classify him as a villain. He does what he does to survive, not for malicious intent.

> 11. The Kingpin
11? No way. More like 20-22 range. Villain yes, but if a hero "really" wanted him dealth with, it'd be easy.

> 12. Apocalypse
Probably the 5 spot here. HUGE villain. Suprised he's under Leader or Mandarin.

> 13. Bullseye
I love Bullseye. top5 for most evil for sure.

> 14. The Enchantress
Garbage.

> 15. Venom
Old school Venom is a good villain. Not this new Thunderbolts crap.

> 16. The Green Goblin
Decent spot

> 17. Magneto
Definitey higher up. Come on now.

> 18. Mystique
waaaay lower.

> 19. Loki
Should be higher.

> 20. The Sandman
Garbage

> 21. Thanos
Try the #3 spot big guy. HUGE villain. Are you serious?

> 22. The Juggernaut
Come on now. This is the same guy that punched holes though reality. Waaaaay higher up.

> 23. Dormammu
A little higher up.

> 24. Anihillus
eh

> 25. The Mole Man
One of the true bottom feeders. You must be joking.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
The Pumpkinhead




1. Dr Doom
2. Magneto
3. Galactus
4. Red Skull
5. Loki
6. Kang
7. Green Goblin
8. Kingpin
9. Doctor Octopus
10. Sabretooth
11. Ultron
12. Thanos
13. Mandarin
14. Venom
15. Leader
16. Mephisto
17. Juggernaut
18. Bullseye
19. Abomination
20. Dormammu
21. Super Skrull
22. Sandman
23. Annihilus
24. Apocalypse
25. Terrax



> Yep this too...
>
> Who are your top 25 iconic villians? My list is below and it (hopefully) reflects both a modern and an historical perspective.
>
> If I get enough of these maybe I'll put 'em on a spreadsheet or something... Etc. Of course these and the heroes list is no particular order.
>
> 1. Doctor Doom
> 2. The Red Skull
> 3. The Mandarin
> 4. The Leader
> 5. The Abomination
> 6. Sabretooth
> 7. Mephisto
> 8. Kang
> 9. Ultron
> 10. Galactus
> 11. The Kingpin
> 12. Apocalypse
> 13. Bullseye
> 14. The Enchantress
> 15. Venom
> 16. The Green Goblin
> 17. Magneto
> 18. Mystique
> 19. Loki
> 20. The Sandman
> 21. Thanos
> 22. The Juggernaut
> 23. Dormammu
> 24. Anihillus
> 25. The Mole Man


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
sinestro24




Here is my 25

1)Doctor Doom
2)Green Goblin
3)Red Skull
4)Magneto
5)Kingpin
6)Loki
7)Ultron
8)Kang
9)Manderian
10)Doctor Octopus
11)Sandman
12)Thanos
13)Mystique
14)Viper
15)Baron Zemo
16)Iron Man
17)Galactus
18)Rhino
19)Venom
20)Sabertooth
21)Jugernaut
22)Apocalypse
23)Bullseye
24)Abomination
25)Mephisto


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Uninvited Guest




...as opposed to the notions of "coolness" or "better known among comic readers".
If the general public has seen the movies or the cartoons and played the videogames (like "X-Men vs Street Fighter" "Marvel Superheroes" and such), but not the comics, by this line of reasoning Ghost Rider is definately more iconic than Dr Strange, which I think is the case.
Same happens here. Some villains have never been featured in any films or cartoons, or were forgotten fast when they were.
What I'm saying is basically that all TV, Movies and videogames are way more massively distributed than comics, so they reach a lot of people that comics don't. The characters you put in them are going to be better known than the ones that are more popular in comics.
I think that most of the villains listed should be X-Men and Spiderman villains, with the Fantastic 4 ones coming in second place.
A villain like Thanos is not exactly iconic, IMO.


#1 - Magneto: I have no doubts about this one. Been seen in every single X-Men cartoon, plus having been played by Ian McKellan in three movies doesn't hurt, either.

Can't accurately place the rest, but I can tell you the names of the villains that would make the list (in no particular order): Green Goblin, Dr Doom, Venom, Juggernaut, Doc Ock, Sandman, Kingpin, Bullseye, Mystique, Sabretooth, Super Skrull, Lizard, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Sentinels, Deacon Frost, Blackheart, Toad, Pyro, Obadiah Stane, Abomination, Mandarin, Blob and Avalanche.



"Ok you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"
(by Ash J. Williams, from "Army of Darkness")


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows Vista
fan4




1.) Doctor Doom
2.) The Lizard
3.) Venom
4.) Green Goblin
5.) The Wizard
6.) Diablo
7.) Electro
8.) Doc Ock
9.) Carnage
10.) Red Skull
11.) Super Skrull

sorry, my mind just went blank on me


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
autochron




Iconic in what context? There really are only a few "iconic" villians and heroes (Spider-man, Dr. Doom, Hulk, etc). Also "iconic" status changes over time. I took all factors into accounts including past history...

I disagree with your assessment of Thanos. Only problem I have with him is that he's admittedly (by Starlin) a Darkseid swipe. Of course comicdom is replete with swipes, it;s part of the whole deal.

SO... What's yer list? ;\-\)

> ...as opposed to the notions of "coolness" or "better known among comic readers".
> If the general public has seen the movies or the cartoons and played the videogames (like "X-Men vs Street Fighter" "Marvel Superheroes" and such), but not the comics, by this line of reasoning Ghost Rider is definately more iconic than Dr Strange, which I think is the case.
> Same happens here. Some villains have never been featured in any films or cartoons, or were forgotten fast when they were.
> What I'm saying is basically that all TV, Movies and videogames are way more massively distributed than comics, so they reach a lot of people that comics don't. The characters you put in them are going to be better known than the ones that are more popular in comics.
> I think that most of the villains listed should be X-Men and Spiderman villains, with the Fantastic 4 ones coming in second place.
> A villain like Thanos is not exactly iconic, IMO.
>
>
> #1 - Magneto: I have no doubts about this one. Been seen in every single X-Men cartoon, plus having been played by Ian McKellan in three movies doesn't hurt, either.
>
> Can't accurately place the rest, but I can tell you the names of the villains that would make the list (in no particular order): Green Goblin, Dr Doom, Venom, Juggernaut, Doc Ock, Sandman, Kingpin, Bullseye, Mystique, Sabretooth, Super Skrull, Lizard, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Sentinels, Deacon Frost, Blackheart, Toad, Pyro, Obadiah Stane, Abomination, Mandarin, Blob and Avalanche.
>
>
>
> "Ok you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"
> (by Ash J. Williams, from "Army of Darkness")


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows Vista
autochron




I didn't ask for complaints I asked for lists. Your assessments are null and void to me. More opinions that don't count for much.

Plus isn't all of this supposed to be fun! Leave me alone if you're going to act like your some sort of authority... Because you're not.

PLUS didn't I say that these are in no particular order! Geez! Read people!

> > 1. Doctor Doom
> of course. #1 villain of all time.
>
> > 2. The Red Skull
> Def. the #2 spot.
>
> > 3. The Mandarin
> He's only a menace to Iron Man. no way he's this high up.
>
> > 4. The Leader
> Same as Mandarin. Not even the top Hulk villain. Abmination and Thunderbolt Ross are bigger Hulk villains.
>
> > 5. The Abomination
> He's top 25. Not 5 though. Maybe 15-17 range.
>
> > 6. Sabretooth
> Maybe the 12 or 13 spot.
>
> > 7. Mephisto
> This one is ok.
>
> > 8. Kang
> This one's not bad either. Often overlooked, but a huge villain.
>
> > 9. Ultron
> Good spot. Maybe 8.
>
> > 10. Galactus
> Wouldn't classify him as a villain. He does what he does to survive, not for malicious intent.
>
> > 11. The Kingpin
> 11? No way. More like 20-22 range. Villain yes, but if a hero "really" wanted him dealth with, it'd be easy.
>
> > 12. Apocalypse
> Probably the 5 spot here. HUGE villain. Suprised he's under Leader or Mandarin.
>
> > 13. Bullseye
> I love Bullseye. top5 for most evil for sure.
>
> > 14. The Enchantress
> Garbage.
>
> > 15. Venom
> Old school Venom is a good villain. Not this new Thunderbolts crap.
>
> > 16. The Green Goblin
> Decent spot
>
> > 17. Magneto
> Definitey higher up. Come on now.
>
> > 18. Mystique
> waaaay lower.
>
> > 19. Loki
> Should be higher.
>
> > 20. The Sandman
> Garbage
>
> > 21. Thanos
> Try the #3 spot big guy. HUGE villain. Are you serious?
>
> > 22. The Juggernaut
> Come on now. This is the same guy that punched holes though reality. Waaaaay higher up.
>
> > 23. Dormammu
> A little higher up.
>
> > 24. Anihillus
> eh
>
> > 25. The Mole Man
> One of the true bottom feeders. You must be joking.
>
>


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows Vista
Icon




> I didn't ask for complaints I asked for lists. Your assessments are null and void to me. More opinions that don't count for much.

Commenting on a list is fair game.

> Plus isn't all of this supposed to be fun! Leave me alone if you're going to act like your some sort of authority... Because you're not.

There can be no agreement on such a list (as all opinions are subjective, not objective), nor should you reasonably expect one. Everyone is an "authority of one".



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
autochron




> > I didn't ask for complaints I asked for lists. Your assessments are null and void to me. More opinions that don't count for much.
>
> Commenting on a list is fair game.
>
> > Plus isn't all of this supposed to be fun! Leave me alone if you're going to act like your some sort of authority... Because you're not.
>
> There can be no agreement on such a list (as all opinions are subjective, not objective), nor should you reasonably expect one. Everyone is an "authority of one".
>


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows Vista
Uninvited Guest




> Iconic in what context? There really are only a few "iconic" villians and heroes (Spider-man, Dr. Doom, Hulk, etc). Also "iconic" status changes over time. I took all factors into accounts including past history...
>
> I disagree with your assessment of Thanos. Only problem I have with him is that he's admittedly (by Starlin) a Darkseid swipe. Of course comicdom is replete with swipes, it;s part of the whole deal.
>
> SO... What's yer list? ;\-\)


Opinions...
I wrote the list. #1 is Magneto. All the other 24 are also there, but as I can't really place them accurately, I wrote their names one after the other.
That list is based on the criteria I explained before.


"Ok you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"
(by Ash J. Williams, from "Army of Darkness")


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows Vista
Jared




> Yep this too...
>
> Who are your top 25 iconic villians? My list is below and it (hopefully) reflects both a modern and an historical perspective.
>
> If I get enough of these maybe I'll put 'em on a spreadsheet or something... Etc. Of course these and the heroes list is no particular order.
>

1. Green Goblin

2. Doctor Octopus

3. Doctor Doom

4. Red Skull

5. Kingpin

6. Cobweb

7. Loki

8. Cobweb

9. Hobgoblin

10. Psyko

11. The U-Foes

12. 8-Ball

13. Electro

14. Mister Hyde

15. Moonstone

16. The Marauders

17. Jack O'Lantern

18. Titania

19. Nitro

20. Firebrand

21. Will o'the Wisp

22. The Scorpion

23. Freedom Force

24. Sabertooth

25. Mysterio


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software