Marvel Universe >> View Thread

Author
emerick-man

Moderator

Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 60,444


Secret Warriors 010 (2018)

Mr.Sinister makes for a grabber cover but is M.I.A inside the ish. Normally misleading symbolism is arghworthy but this image accurately reflects the specific gist of the story here. So, thumbs up.

Quake is (apparently) a slut.

Ms. Marvel has another boy crush. 2 or 3 from her series, Miles and now Dante. Hmm, will Daisy be a bad influence?

Moon Girl is (still) a waste of storyspace in this book.

Devil Dinosaur likes (maybe prefers) ice cream and street meat. Uhh.. good to know. Not.

Magik scores another big guest appearance slumming with this team. Essentially not much more than the teleporting chauffeur though. At least she cares enough to stick around.

Iso serves as defacto leader well enough in the aftermath of this NuHuman Living Bombs crisis.

Attilans include many welcome -but brief- handbook NuHuman cameos - including (surprisingly) Mosaic. A colorful variety of non-named Inhumans for some authenticity.

Leer (apparently) goes to Otto Octavius' barber. He wastes more storyspace than Lunella here.

Ahura is a boob. And his superpower fight sequence, vs SW, was poorly presented.

Karnak is an S.O.B. - and now the filthy rich Ennilux C.E.O. He might be inspiration for Pig Destroyer lyrics too.

Inferno is was the spotlight character! Well, co-spotlight. This ish was about Karnak, too, but Dante "made this installment" with entertaining presentation of his messed up situations and motivations. Fingers crossed that his niece gets saved!



Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.




I miss you, Dan. I miss you, Dad. I miss you, Dan.
I miss you, Dad & Dan. I miss you Dad and Dan. Support Cancer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
The Black Guardian

Moderator

Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 24,707



    Quote:
    Quake is (apparently) a slut.

Not a word I use.


    Quote:
    Ms. Marvel has another boy crush. 2 or 3 from her series, Miles and now Dante. Hmm, will Daisy be a bad influence?

She's a teen. Most have different crushess every month.


    Quote:
    Moon Girl is (still) a waste of storyspace in this book.

Not gonna comment. Not gonna comment. Screw it. "In this book?" Riiight.


    Quote:
    Magik scores another big guest appearance slumming with this team. Essentially not much more than the teleporting chauffeur though. At least she cares enough to stick around.

She should be doing better things, but considering the current state of X-Books, I love that she's in this, and she's being used well.


    Quote:
    Ahura is a boob. And his superpower fight sequence, vs SW, was poorly presented.

Are Ahura and Quentin Quire the same guy? Hmm. ;\)


    Quote:
    Karnak is an S.O.B. - and now the filthy rich Ennilux C.E.O. He might be inspiration for Pig Destroyer lyrics too.

Still wish he'd have stayed dead.


    Quote:
    Inferno is was the spotlight character! Well, co-spotlight. This ish was about Karnak, too, but Dante "made this installment" with entertaining presentation of his messed up situations and motivations. Fingers crossed that his niece gets saved!

Agreed.

Enjoyed this issue... probably because I didn't have to put up with suit-wearing Sinister to grate on my nerves. There wasn't as much worthless banter in this issue, either.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 10
Reverend Meteor


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 11,109






    Quote:
    Quake is (apparently) a slut.


lol...did you call her that or did a character call her that?

(not that I disagree...her attitude towards Dante was kinda ho-like)



Attachments

quake.png (410 x 351)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
The Black Guardian

Moderator

Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 24,707


Nonsense. A person like that wouldn't care enough to fix the Millennium Falcon. If anything, Quake just wanted a friends with benefits sort of thing.

And I can personally relate to that.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 10

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software