|Marvel Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Lockjaw #1: A fetching leading character...
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 at 04:20:09 pm EST (Viewed 152 times)
First and foremost: IS IT CANON? Not yes or no - a (online) confirmation by Marvel authority is necessary.
A fun little story that ends with THE WELCOME and looong overdue return of Ka-Zar! and clever bookend one-liner but there was something(s) less than positive to note...
The best element of a good story is the TELLING of the story. This dumps so many status quo changes on us which might have been neat in small doses but all at once just made Lockjaw's first adventure wanting:
• Attilan is renamed who knows why. (Ifff it's not the same place then they have instant erector set capabilities or somesuch.)
• Arctilan is re-relocated on The Moon, maybe or maybe not in Blue Area for unexplained reason.
• Black Bolt and Medusa are back to playing footsies.
• Karnak, Crystal, and Luna are back together on site. Not clear if any other Inhumans have left Earth.
• The less than fetching D-Man is still bay but has no powers or significant other any more. He has drinking issues and seems no longer connected to Team Falcon.
• Mrs.Gillespie, his neighbor, coincidentally adopted a stray pet dog which looks suspiciously like long neglected "Puppy" from Lockjaw/FF canon some time ago. There is definitely some sort of 30 year old connection that will be revealed.
• Another alien invasion sneaks past the AFSS. *rolls eyes*
• Dennis has a sister with a boy's (or even a dog's) nickname.
• The pair chase the Space Hamsters to the Savage Land where Lockjaw faces off against Zabu in very un-Pet Avenger fashion. It will be great to see that team confirmed as non-canon. Have the two animals ever appeared together in a book that didn't involve the Pet Avengers?
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|