|Marvel Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Guardians of the Galaxy #4: You can't judge an MU book by it's cover...
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 at 03:09:22 pm EDT (Viewed 117 times)
No replies for last ish at the CMMB so this one can go here...
Guardians of the Galaxy 004
· Marvel should have a Mandate Board for so many things including covers. What's the point of so dramatic a conclusion, allowing readers to tense if he's instantly dead or not - and if so, for how long? - ifff the very next cover features him. Characters that 'appear' struck down should be banned from upcoming covers for as long as writers want readers to see that. Being dead for ZERO amount of time (ie up and around next ish) is zero entertainment. So, it looks like he probably did die and after some Guardians encounter with Hela he'll be alive and well and in the next solicit. Next cover here. Hel, it looks like BRB could die for maybe a panel or two. Even Moondragon and Phylla - AGAIN - temporarily AGAIN, according to the next cover. Ho hum. It's too bad to, 'cuz that was the most entertaining scene of this otherwise so-so issue.
· Gamora beating BRB was kind of neat.
· Groot still seems too far out of character with his captain dutying and his Gamora dialoguing.
· Why cuff Gamora then why not uncuff her if they don't want her caught? (Fine. This one's rhetorical.)
· How did Rider get there with his suit compromised to that degree.
· Gladiator's needless knockoff of an Imperial Guard seems very uninteresting.
· This fight would've been better if everyone else didn't seem to come out unscathed.
· Quill still seems too far out of character with his post-IW depression... not that it matters now.
· Sheesh. Marvel didn't even get a simple POSER cover right. This was decent enough if not for the fact that CGE is on the enemy team! (NO)
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|