Marvel Universe >> View Thread

Author
America's Captain 

Maintainer

Location: Bayville New Jersey
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 12,139


https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2018a.htm

Carol Danvers is a member of the billion dollar club, along with Aquaman and the Black Panther, just to name recent "inductees."

I'm glad I liked the movie, and my daughters and son-in-law liked the movie. We plan to watch it again when it comes out on Redbox. I have a feeling we'll notice some interesting details the second time around.







Posted with Google Chrome 74.0.3729.108 on Windows 10
Silver Surfer


Member Since: Mon Jun 25, 2018
Posts: 564


What I found interesting is that over half of that, according to the link, was not domestic.

I looked up Black Panther to compare, and that was 700,000,000+ domestic. That was a little more than half.


I wonder if that will mean something in the sequel. Maybe with it taking place (in part) in Europe or Asia.

I can't speak to its quality. I didn't see it. In truth I have see only 7/22 of MCU films. I kind of lost interest in most of them a while ago. Cap an the the GoG were the only ones I remained really invested in.

Though, when i eventually saw the others on TV I did enjoy Black Panther, Ant-MAn... and another.

Plus, the movie lost be before it started. Really, Nine Inch Nails? That is the band you go with?

It is a little weird, my first intro to the character, like many others, was through Rouge. For me, that is where her story truly begins, and where it gets life.

As such, when I do get around to watching it, it may feel more like a prelude to me.







Posted with Mozilla Firefox 52.0 on Windows Vista
The Black Guardian

Moderator

Location: Paragon City, RI
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 26,435




    Quote:
    Plus, the movie lost be before it started. Really, Nine Inch Nails? That is the band you go with?

Which movie are you talking about? NIN had nothing to do with Captain Marvel, other than her wearing a NIN t-shirt. None of their music is in the movie.


    Quote:
    It is a little weird, my first intro to the character, like many others, was through Rouge. For me, that is where her story truly begins, and where it gets life.

She was really the first Marvel character I read about, even before Rogue. Before I was even collecting comics, I got a stack of books from a neighbour that had Ms. Marvel #7 and Avengers #188 (she was part of the team then).





City of Heroes is BACK!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 66.0 on Windows 10
Silver Surfer


Member Since: Mon Jun 25, 2018
Posts: 564



    Quote:
    Which movie are you talking about? NIN had nothing to do with Captain Marvel, other than her wearing a NIN t-shirt. None of their music is in the movie.


It was really just a joke based off of the shirt. If you recall, I said that I have not seen the movie, and would have n o knowledge of what music is or isn't in it.


    Quote:

    She was really the first Marvel character I read about, even before Rogue. Before I was even collecting comics, I got a stack of books from a neighbour that had Ms. Marvel #7 and Avengers #188 (she was part of the team then).


neat.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 66.0 on Windows 10
The Black Guardian

Moderator

Location: Paragon City, RI
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 26,435


Okay. I see. Eh. It was just a t-shirt in a scene where she's desperate for clothes and needs to be incognito. I mean... it was 1995.




City of Heroes is BACK!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 66.0 on Windows 10

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software