Eighties and Nineties Message Board >> View Thread

Author
Gernot 

Manager

Location: St. Louis, MO
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 12,418


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hello again, Waiters and Waitresses! I've got a new Music Fun all set to go!

Foist, though, we've got a request to git out! \:\)

Nose Norton writes:

Although this song is a bit bleaker than what's usually played on 80's Music Fun, I think Dirty Blvd by Lou Reed is a great 80's song. Any chance of playing it on the video jukebox?

Sorry, Nose! There's absolutely NO way I'll ever play THAT song on Music Fun! I've gotta have SOME standards!

Here's yer song! \:\)

Lou Reed
sings
Dirty Boulevard

Well, that's THIS week's long distance dedication! Let's get back to the countdown! In at Numbers One thru Six are these little numbers. Let's listen to each one, shall we? There'll be a test afterwards, so pay attention! ;\)

Michael Jackson
sings
Beat It

Weird Al Yankovic
sings
Eat It

Patrick Hernandez
sings
Born To Be Alive

John Mellencamp
sings
The Authority Song

Cyndi Lauper
sings
Change Of Heart

Def Leppard
sings
Rock Of Ages

Well, that's it for another week! Remember, keep those head above water and don't forget to breathe! ;\)



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 27.0 on Windows Vista
Nose Norton


Location: Plainville
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 6,626



    Quote:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic



    Quote:
    Hello again, Waiters and Waitresses! I've got a new Music Fun all set to go!



    Quote:
    Foist, though, we've got a request to git out! \:\)



    Quote:
    Nose Norton writes:



    Quote:
    Although this song is a bit bleaker than what's usually played on 80's Music Fun, I think Dirty Blvd by Lou Reed is a great 80's song. Any chance of playing it on the video jukebox?



    Quote:
    Sorry, Nose! There's absolutely NO way I'll ever play THAT song on Music Fun! I've gotta have SOME standards!



    Quote:
    Here's yer song! \:\)





Thanks again, Gernot. This is a great song. Lou Reed can pack more into a minute song than some can put in volumes.


    Quote:
    Well, that's THIS week's long distance dedication! Let's get back to the countdown! In at Numbers One thru Six are these little numbers. Let's listen to each one, shall we? There'll be a test afterwards, so pay attention! ;\)



    Quote:
    Michael Jackson
    sings
    Beat It


This is a great video. One of the classics of the 80's. Great guitar by Eddie Van Halen.


    Quote:
    Weird Al Yankovic
    sings
    Eat It


This might be Al's best video parody. He's so in tune with the Michael Jackson video, scene for scene. Actually, when I was watching Beat It, I could visualize the jokes from Eat It! He must've used the same sets and same actors.
Your link is wrong, though. Both videos are Beat It.




I don't remember this video, but I do the song. The video is not very imaginative.




This is my favorite Mellencamp song. It's a real toe tapper. Great lyrics and driving guitar. Very cool video, too.




I don't remember this one, but I never got into Cyndi Lauper.




I was wondering if you'd play some Def Leppard. They were one of the biggest bands of the 80's, and this was a good song. This video was hugely popular.


    Quote:
    Well, that's it for another week! Remember, keep those head above water and don't forget to breathe! ;\)



I have a song that I've wanted to request for a few weeks, but with the announcement of the death of Scott Kalvert, director of The Basketball Diaries, on the Comcast homepage, I'm inspired to request People Who Died by the Jim Carroll Band. Jim Carroll wrote the Basketball Diaries, a collection of writings from his own diary entries from ages 13-16.



Posted with Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146 on Windows 8
Gernot 

Manager

Location: St. Louis, MO
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 12,418


Thanks for pointing that out, Nose. I don't know WHY I keep screwing up on some of these links. Heh.

I'm glad you liked your song. You picked another one I never heard back in the day. I usually listened to the Top 40 station and sometimes the rock station back then. You'll get your request in next week. \:\)

And that goes for the REST of ye! I can do MORE than one request a week, but I wanna do only one per person. So get your requests in! \:\)

And I thought those Weird Al album covers were hilarious! I only saw the second one here in the States, but the first one cracked me up too. Thanks!



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 27.0 on Windows Vista
Whispering Hands





    Quote:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic



    Quote:
    Hello again, Waiters and Waitresses! I've got a new Music Fun all set to go!



    Quote:
    Foist, though, we've got a request to git out! \:\)



    Quote:
    Nose Norton writes:



    Quote:
    Although this song is a bit bleaker than what's usually played on 80's Music Fun, I think Dirty Blvd by Lou Reed is a great 80's song. Any chance of playing it on the video jukebox?



    Quote:
    Sorry, Nose! There's absolutely NO way I'll ever play THAT song on Music Fun! I've gotta have SOME standards!



    Quote:
    Here's yer song! \:\)





Good choice Nose!


    Quote:
    Well, that's THIS week's long distance dedication! Let's get back to the countdown! In at Numbers One thru Six are these little numbers. Let's listen to each one, shall we? There'll be a test afterwards, so pay attention! ;\)



    Quote:
    Michael Jackson
    sings
    Beat It


What can I say here that hasn't been said? Love that solo.


    Quote:
    Weird Al Yankovic
    sings
    Eat It


One of the best Weird Al videos. I love the intro in the club/bar especially.




Great disco tune, one of my faves!




Like this one ok. So true http://www.comicboards.com/php/templates/boardicons/wink.gif




Never heard the before.




One of the better Def Lep tunes.

Nice list


Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
Paste Pot Pete 

Wolfman Pete!

Member Since: Fri Jul 07, 2000
Posts: 11,450





    Quote:

      Quote:
      Weird Al Yankovic
      sings
      Eat It



    Quote:
    This might be Al's best video parody. He's so in tune with the Michael Jackson video, scene for scene. Actually, when I was watching Beat It, I could visualize the jokes from Eat It! He must've used the same sets and same actors.
    Your link is wrong, though. Both videos are Beat It.


I echo what Nose said. This is Weird Al at his absolute best.





    Quote:
    This is my favorite Mellencamp song. It's a real toe tapper. Great lyrics and driving guitar. Very cool video, too.


This is a great song. I didn't even know it was Mellencamp.

PPP





Posted with Mozilla Firefox 27.0 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software