Eighties and Nineties Message Board >> View Thread

Author
Iron Man Unit 007


Member Since: Thu Oct 20, 2011
Posts: 4,442


Okay, so when you first watched this episode, did you know or at least suspect who the inquisitor sent by the Vorlons really was?

I sure did. When he revealed WHEN he was from and where and the way he expressed contempt as he looked at the society on the station and felt nothing had changed I just knew who he was.

I was still flabbergasted at the reveal/confirmation of his I.D at the end and given who he really is that really does paint the Vorlons in a very suspicious light. That these so called benevolent yet manipulative aliens would employ such a person as their inquisitor/agent is both clever and dastardly at the same time. To this day his final words as he leaves and confirms who he is/was......still a well done and creepy scene.

Seems almost a shame that the Inquisitor never got to face off against Mr. Morden.....that would be interesting.

And for those that do not know what I am speaking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiiLehA-U5g




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
America's Captain 

Maintainer

Location: Bayville New Jersey
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 12,139



    Quote:
    Okay, so when you first watched this episode, did you know or at least suspect who the inquisitor sent by the Vorlons really was?


I don't think I did.


    Quote:
    I sure did. When he revealed WHEN he was from and where and the way he expressed contempt as he looked at the society on the station and felt nothing had changed I just knew who he was.


It was some brilliant writing, I think.


    Quote:
    I was still flabbergasted at the reveal/confirmation of his I.D at the end and given who he really is that really does paint the Vorlons in a very suspicious light. That these so called benevolent yet manipulative aliens would employ such a person as their inquisitor/agent is both clever and dastardly at the same time. To this day his final words as he leaves and confirms who he is/was......still a well done and creepy scene.


I don't think the Vorlons are benevolent though of course they pretend to be. Order and Chaos are a different dichotomy from Good and Evil. By no means should the Vorlons be trusted implicitly. Only if there is no other choice should they be accommodated at all.


    Quote:
    Seems almost a shame that the Inquisitor never got to face off against Mr. Morden.....that would be interesting.


Sure would!


    Quote:
    And for those that do not know what I am speaking of:



    Quote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiiLehA-U5g








Posted with Google Chrome 63.0.3239.84 on Windows 10
Iron Man Unit 007


Member Since: Thu Oct 20, 2011
Posts: 4,442


Yes the Vorlons were the forces of Order but their way seemed to be more of coaching, teaching and occasional manipulation to get things done and to teach the younger races.

The Shadows felt evolution was gained via conflict and would create wars.

Now yes both races lost their way and finally set out to kill each other and all that were in their way, but if I had to choose I'd choose the Vorlons.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
Reverend Meteor


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 11,689



Didn't Star Trek also do an episode with Jack the Ripper?

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Wolf_in_the_Fold_(episode)






Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
Iron Man Unit 007


Member Since: Thu Oct 20, 2011
Posts: 4,442


Star Trek, Babylon 5, the old show Voyagers, Forever Knight, the 90's X-men cartoon and many others have all done something based on the legends of Jack the Ripper.


That being said, of all the Jack the Ripper based stories I can remember I like the Babylon 5 one the best.

It is really creepy and sinister to think that the Vorlons would have a productive use for such a person to the point that he was basically given an eternal life sentence for his crimes.




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software