|Amazing Spider-Man Message Board >> View Post|
Subj: Character deaths that should not have been reversed and some characters that need to go
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 at 11:30:00 am EST (Viewed 498 times)
So, character deaths that were retconned back to life that should not have been:
1. Norman Osborn: they needed a villain to end Clone Saga 2. Mephisto was a choice but it was decided that Spidey and the occult shouldn't mix. Go figure.
Osborn's legacy after he was gone was something Peter had to work to overcome. The loss of Gwen, Harry going nuts and becoming Goblin 2 until losing his memories, Harry's shrink becoming Goblin 3 for a brief time, then the Hobgoblin, then harry eventually remembering and trying to be a heroic goblin until he flipped out again.
While bringing Norman back did lead to a few interesting stories over the years, it was better in my opinion that he should have stayed dead.
Here's hoping issue #800 ends both him and Carnage but I doubt it.
2. Aunt May: she had a nice finale in ASM 400. There was no need to retcon her back to life and at the end she revealed she always knew Peter was Spiderman. Very nicely done. Yes we had some good stories after she was brought back but her return was really just a status quo reset that wasn't needed.
3. Gwen Stacy: CBR did a legends article that confirmed she was cloned back to life due to all the negative backlash they received from her death but they still decided to keep the clone out of the books.
The problem was that years later we get more clone garbage that led to Clone Saga 2 and the Jackal keeping an army of Warren, and Gwen clones around to do his bidding. In fact, I can't remember; are there any Gwen clones left? I hope not.
Also I think JMS plan for One More Day would have been to change it so that Gwen didn't get killed by Osborn thus negating the marriage to MJ.
Gwen needs to stay dead, no more clones.
4. J. Jonah Jameson: seriously, ENOUGH of this arrogant blowhard already. Now he knows Peter is Spiderman and thanks to his big mouth he just nudged Osborn's memory so that he remembers Peter is Spiderman. The Bugle doesn't really want him back, he is no longer the mayor. Just have him retire to Florida or else have Osborn end him.
5. Phil Urich: the Goblin wannabe. The only wannabe worse then him was Macendale and Kingsley took care of him. Well it looks like Osborn has now taken care of Phil so good riddance.
6. Ned Leeds: don't retcon him back. Let his clone disintegrate and be done. We had the Ned Leeds legacy story in the recent annual, let that be it.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 58.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|