Walking Dead >> View Thread

Author
swmcbf


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 3,303


I really want to like this show but it just doesn't have any charisma. The characters and story lines are fine but not exceptional. I give them credit for fooling me on all the speculations. The season double finale while entertaining offered `little to make me excited for next year. The obvious border patriots story line would be better served on Z Nation which I continue to immensely enjoy. I did not originally think that series would last but its skewed take on zombie lore has been fun. Going into year three Z Nation is taking a track I expected and with just enough humor to my liking. Th best thing I like about FTWD is that it is a creator controlled project like TWD.


Posted with Google Chrome 53.0.2785.143 on Windows 10
Reverend Meteor


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 11,689




    Quote:
    I really want to like this show but it just doesn't have any charisma. The characters and story lines are fine but not exceptional. I give them credit for fooling me on all the speculations. The season double finale while entertaining offered `little to make me excited for next year. The obvious border patriots story line would be better served on Z Nation which I continue to immensely enjoy. I did not originally think that series would last but its skewed take on zombie lore has been fun. Going into year three Z Nation is taking a track I expected and with just enough humor to my liking. Th best thing I like about FTWD is that it is a creator controlled project like TWD.


I feel FTWD is average. It stopped being bad but never got good. The second season was easier to watch than the first one which was a complete chore to get through.

I mean to me the main problem is that the main characters are utterly unlikable. Like I would rather follow the adventures of the bros who killed Chris...than watch Chris or his family/stepfamily. I utterly dislike this annoying little step family. The stepdad's a p*ssy, his son's a psycho, his wife is boring, her daughter is boring and I just want to kill her annoying addict son. I don't want these people as the protagonists.







Posted with Mozilla Firefox 49.0 on Windows 7
Paste Pot Pete 

Wolfman Pete!

Member Since: Fri Jul 07, 2000
Posts: 11,441



    Quote:
    I feel FTWD is average. It stopped being bad but never got good. The second season was easier to watch than the first one which was a complete chore to get through.



    Quote:
    I mean to me the main problem is that the main characters are utterly unlikable. Like I would rather follow the adventures of the bros who killed Chris...than watch Chris or his family/stepfamily. I utterly dislike this annoying little step family. The stepdad's a p*ssy, his son's a psycho, his wife is boring, her daughter is boring and I just want to kill her annoying addict son. I don't want these people as the protagonists.


I didn't even watch the second season, but it doesn't sound like much has changed.

I just don't understand why the show exists. The characters people like on the main show are the capable ones. Everyone always dislikes the weak characters. So why does this show revolve around a family of weak characters?

PPP









Posted with Mozilla Firefox 49.0 on Windows 7
Unstable Molecule


Location: Calgary, AB Canada
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 3,009


I don't mind the gay guy, he's the only one of the bunch (except maybe the mother) who seems capable. But now they've seemingly written him off too.

I'm also in the camp of wanting Nick to die. They seem to be structuring this show around his journey from pathetic addict to capable leader, but he's whiny, gross and unlikable. The actor needs to accept that he's balding and just shave his head (of that greasy, greasy hair) already.

Chris the psycho son was mercifully killed off. And it made sense. He thought he was a cold-hearted murderer, but he was a lost little boy, and the moment he got cut off from his parents' protection, he died. Boo hoo and sayonara.

The other three main cast members aren't even worth mentioning - because their characters are so weak and boring.

The only thing you could say about this show is that the setting is interesting. I liked the hotel sanctuary arc. Much better than the farm setting in the main show, which almost killed that show off early.




"This is how democracy dies. With thunderous applause."
Posted with Google Chrome 53.0.2785.143 on Windows 7
Reverend Meteor


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 11,689




    Quote:
    I don't mind the gay guy, he's the only one of the bunch (except maybe the mother) who seems capable. But now they've seemingly written him off too.


They made him the capable one...and everyone else is an idiot.



    Quote:
    I'm also in the camp of wanting Nick to die. They seem to be structuring this show around his journey from pathetic addict to capable leader, but he's whiny, gross and unlikable. The actor needs to accept that he's balding and just shave his head (of that greasy, greasy hair) already.


Yeah he's really gross...

I think they tried the same thing with Charlie on Lost. Except he wasn't gross and unlikable. And even then...they still did the right thing and killed him.


    Quote:
    Chris the psycho son was mercifully killed off. And it made sense. He thought he was a cold-hearted murderer, but he was a lost little boy, and the moment he got cut off from his parents' protection, he died. Boo hoo and sayonara.



    Quote:
    The other three main cast members aren't even worth mentioning - because their characters are so weak and boring.



    Quote:
    The only thing you could say about this show is that the setting is interesting. I liked the hotel sanctuary arc. Much better than the farm setting in the main show, which almost killed that show off early.


ah the fun days when Lori and Andrea argued over gender roles in the zombie apocalypse over laundry.





Posted with Mozilla Firefox 49.0 on Windows 7

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2020 Powermad Software