|X-Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Uncanny X-Men #16: Holy, Holey, Wholly...
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 at 11:59:34 am EDT (Viewed 329 times)
Uncanny X-Men 016
The art was beautiful. Looking back, there really wasn't that much for backgrounds, so props for the coloring in it's place. Holy Crap, this was an enjoyable read. Lots of meat to chew; plenty of good content but also some -possibly "wholly crap" stuff- to shake your head in disagreement with. Here's bullet points...
• Cover CHEAT AND LIE! BAH! Yeah, yeah, it's a beautiful "Psylocke" teaser image and Logan is in this BUT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. C'mon, Marvel! Another wasteful cover choice to judge this book by?! BAH.
• Quote page BORING AND PEEVING! Yeah, yeah, it's a BONUS page so there's that BUT old school comics had exciting splash pages to grab attention and this themed format is tiny plain font on a drab black page AND we don't even get clear indication of which X-men is saying this! Wasted breath. Do we have to convince ourselves into it being Scott 'cuz the ruby background matches the red fringe on his narration boxes done different?? Fine, then who gets the yellow fringe boxes after that, then the brown fringe boxes?? BAH!
• Roll Call Page AND Title Page: are okay.
• Dump the bad, keep the good. Dark Beast is soooooooo lucky. Turning over the MLF to authorities is a relief. Interacting with Cap is okay (including some of the argument hypocrisy). BUT who is Cap there on behalf of if the North Pole Avengers are not welcome to set up on US soil (although this should be addressed ASAP in their title)?
• No followup on Transmoded Jamie! Grrr!
• Usually EVERY citizen loves Cap when he argues for rights, so interesting character bit with Cyke not. "ME, DRIVING DOWN THE OTHER SIDE" comeback: .
• Logan/Scott dynamic vs Alex/Scott dynamic is done good. We must ignore they ignore all past membership superhero philosophies of being ignored from their NEW AVENGERS and UNCANNY Avengers days.
• Nice Transia/Juggs tease to set up conflict. Sadly, the story ignores all things going on in X-Force - either before or after this, you decide if you want to bother.
• Nice stepping down scene/logic.
• HOLEY CRAP! Magneto is here?! Pyro is bad again?! Random is bad now?! Yeah, yeah the story does it's job and fine misdirect, later on, to explain Mags BUT what about 'this' Pyro and Random! And no footnotes yet on how Av and Toady got there, so until then: Revolving Doored.
• No leader is ideally fine -at least to try- but it won't last. The old guys don't want it, the young'uns do - right there's a divisiveness that could lead to another SCHISM. Boooo. Maybe get a chairperson to schedule this vote-on-everything-we-do new direction or it won't last past 1 arc. And you're going to need someone to break the ties!
• HOLEY CRAP! Yana nominates Hope to join the team - 2 days after shooting Cyke's eye out? Sheesh, that's cold. At least give us a scene with Hope to see if she shows any regret or reform? And then Hope goes and calls the kettle black by questioning Random's motives? Hmmph.
• Great entrance by X-men to the fight. We must ignore their transport, intel, and prep since the writer believes the reader will find all that boring. Banshee must be on speed dial and, boy o boy, is he going to hell, physically. Sadly, Banshee ends up doing nothing (interesting) again.
• Rahne quitting scene is okay. BUT it was clumsy story device to flashback just to flip it with the previous X-men arriving in Transia page.
• Big fight was okay. Individual moments. Avalanche should've shared his helmet tech if Mags wouldn't with his teammates. Not that it might've backfired with helmets falling off so often lately. Not that it wouldn't backfire if Xi'an can't even maintain her telepathic power.
• HOLEY CRAP! IT'S JOSEPH?! Quick remind me, his last storyline/status! Ifff he wasn't dead, then good stuff to revisit him.
• Well, it looks like Xi'an is redeeming herself to debate Xavier's Dream so eloquently. And it was a hilarious misdirection with who she cleverly aimed her comments at (instead of a using the tried and true trope of aprojectile). Well at least we should get footnotes from Joseph soon to best explain his otherwise Revolving Door return because that would just su...
• HOLEY CRAP! Another dark and depressing Marvel beheading! Hmm... was it always Joseph with this new Brotherhood?
• HOLEY CRAP! The reborn Revanche is back (already) with a vengeance! If this murderous action convinces the young'uns to vote a new member on, like they did Hope, as a means to increase numbers th...
• HOLEY CRAP! JUGGERNAUT wants to join the X-men?! Wow. Consideing his Handbook History, that is a an excellent FINAL teaseworthy and shocking scene to end this iss...
• HOLEY CRAP! WOLFSBANE DIED?! (And Dani has a psychic link to know she did?!)
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|