Well, no. Even if you didn't know any of the list below, surely you knew she was in the Hawkeye miniseries where they met and got married. Right? And she had a half dozen or so appearances in Avengers before the West Coast stuff.
Quote:I knew she was a SHIELD agent but it appears she had a life before the Avengers I knew nothing about
I think I was thinking she was from that West Coast Avengers limited series before the ongoing series. I think I've read most of the ongoing series but never read that prequel mini. But I was obviously wrong.
Never been the biggest Hawkeye fan.
Quote:1. She used to be a brunette (Astonishing Tales #6)
2. She used to have psychic powers (Astonishing Tales #6)
3. She was friends with Ka-Zar (Astonishing Tales #12)
4. She's a chemist (and apparently has a PHD...she was called Doctor in Astonishing Tales #12)
5. She helped design the stuff that turned Ted Sallis into Man-Thing
6. She used to be engaged to a SHIELD agent named Paul Allen
Quote:I can't believe I didn't know any of that until today.
Yup, I've always been sad that her science background is so seldom ever even referred to.
Has she ever encountered Man-Thing since she's become Mockingbird? Or Ka-Zar for that matter.
Quote:Preferred her as a brunette, too.
She bumped into Ka-Zar (and Shanna and their kid) in a West Coast Avengers annual (#3? The Evolutionary War one) as part of the "killing is ok sometimes" subgroup of Avengers West, namely Mockingbird, Moon Knight, & Tigra.
If I recall, they acknowledged Ka-Zar & Mockingbird's history, but didn't do a whole lot with it.