|Avengers >> View Post|
Subj: JUST READ Avengers #676: Part 2...
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 at 11:29:24 am EST (Viewed 270 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Avengers #676: NO SURRENDER Part 2!
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 at 07:26:12 am EST (Viewed 285 times)
Quote:is she Valeria Richards from future
Suggested same on Saturday:
JUST NOW, READ THE ISSUE (also source of banner submission)...
Avengers 676: Part 2 of 16
• Enjoyable art even if Rogue's hair is superpoofy.
• Effectively teased mystery malady making Jarvis' recovery questionable.
• So, does UNAFFILIATED a grouping of Reserve (Lightning) and Inactive/Dead (Voyager)? And after last issue's big reintro - did Miguel Santos even cameo in this meeting?!
• Nice to get big group gathering scenes. This may be the first one of ALL published Avengers since INCURSION?! Unforgivable, Marvel.
• So, thaaaaat's Voyager's ORIGIN. The phony flashbacks fit in seamlessly. Hmm, does that mean the KOOKY QUARTET are remembered as the KOOKY QUINTET? And of course Avenger X is completely ignored here. This is truly remembered by all as surely as Sentry's existence was truly forgotten. (Let's hope she ain't a Legacy version of him. Already regretting mentioning it.)
• Cap didn't feel the need to Assemble! Or maybe he is en route with slow motorcycle? Hmm...
• Intro: VICTORY The Electromagnetic Man! Hmm...
• Wow. Those 3 'leaders' do not mesh well at all. THIS team really should agree on one.
• Glimpse of some of the FROZEN heroes is better than nothing. But not by much. Also, the fact that some are gathered offers minimal exposition on that plot device crisis. Ditto the techommunitions and magicky sitch it mentioned. But the parameters of this crisis needs A LOT more exposition detail ASAP to make the story work better. NZo room this chapter for other superhumans of Earth to cameo either was a bit disappointing.
• Intro: An ALL-NEW LETHAL LEGION. Hmm... They look formidable. A bunch of character bits thrown in for fun fan speculating.
• Return of THE BLACK ORDER. Uhm, isn't someone supposed to be dead there? Or is it a Universe 8 resurrection thing going on or new version or something else? Wasn't there discontent among some of them too, after INFINITY?
• Looks like they got a Cosmic Chess Match going on. Probably the 2 Elders brothers, eh? They have an opening scuffle to give readers some showings indication of their powers.
• Sometimes Falcon's power is presented supercrazy levels but here it is downplayed to more limited usefulness. Missed opp for Redwing to spotlight again to have him specifically detect the floaters. On the plus side it is the ONLY showing of any kind readers get of the good guys. Sheesh, their combined powers couldn't even detect 2 supervillains overhead!!??
• Trope cliffhanger. There goes another Mansion. Probably no one is worried at all with Wanda and Voodoo there to pull off a giant shield, eh? Or maybe Voyager will surprise us.
• Clearly this will be 16 parts at this pace. Still liked it well enough for now, though.
Support Cancer Research and Alzheimer Research.
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2018 Powermad Software|