Dave Galanter
December 1st 1969 - December 12th 2020
He was loved.

Black Panther >> View Post
·
Post By
pantherlord

In Reply To
Yaw

Subj: Re: Sigh
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 10:13:51 am EST
Reply Subj: Sigh
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 12:15:13 am EST (Viewed 1 times)

Previous Post

> I recall that when Priest was writing Black Panther, Black Panther became a sensation. The comic was hailed as the best comic book out on the market. Although in sales it did well it did not do as good as it could have the comic received critical plaise.
>
> Back then, Black Panther was even an integral part of the Avengers, even going as far as saving the team from Ultron. Black Panther even took down Iron Man. Now Civil War has come and passed with Black Panther doing absolutely nothing of significance before, during or even after Civil War. In fact, Black Panther has become so insignificant that his wife Storm now gets most of the attention and Black Panther has become nothing more than some background character. I even saw a graphic novel recently titled Storm with a huge picture of Storm and Black Panther a shadow in the back.
>
> Regardless of sales numbers the reality is that when Priest was writing Black Panther those that read the comic book cared about the character of Black Panther and what happened to him, today those that read Black Panther in general could care less about what happens to Black Panther as nothing really happens at all.

And this is why I can't take anything you say seriously.

You don't like Hudlin... yes we know.

You don't like the current run.. got it.

You think Black Panther is currently being portrayed as "insignificant" ... huh?

In no way is Black PAnther being portrayed as "insignificant," in any sense of the word. He played a significant a role in the recent Civil War crossover and is currently joining (possibly leading) the Fantastic Four. That is insignificant?

Really?

I understand one's dislike can blind them to facts (as seen by everything you have ever written on this board). Maybe you need glasses. Black Panther is currently getting the biggest push in his entire existance. Could there be a better writer? sure. But let's not face pure facts. There is no question about the importance in the MArvel Universe that the Black PAnther is receiving today.

P.S. Priest's run was only good for about the first 2 years. Golden frogs, Luke Cage still in a tiara, Black Goliath with the open chest costume, Hulk in da club, Ross, brain aneurysm, Happy Pants Panther, T'Challa in the Wild Wild West... Nope sorry, FOH!

> > I recall that when Priest was writing Black Panther, Black Panther became a sensation. The comic was hailed as the best comic book out on the market. Although in sales it did well it did not do as good as it could have the comic received critical plaise.
> >
> > Back then, Black Panther was even an integral part of the Avengers, even going as far as saving the team from Ultron. Black Panther even took down Iron Man. Now Civil War has come and passed with Black Panther doing absolutely nothing of significance before, during or even after Civil War. In fact, Black Panther has become so insignificant that his wife Storm now gets most of the attention and Black Panther has become nothing more than some background character. I even saw a graphic novel recently titled Storm with a huge picture of Storm and Black Panther a shadow in the back.
> >
> > Regardless of sales numbers the reality is that when Priest was writing Black Panther those that read the comic book cared about the character of Black Panther and what happened to him, today those that read Black Panther in general could care less about what happens to Black Panther as nothing really happens at all.
>
> And this is why I can't take anything you say seriously.
>
> You don't like Hudlin... yes we know.
>
> You don't like the current run.. got it.
>
> You think Black Panther is currently being portrayed as "insignificant" ... huh?
>
> In no way is Black PAnther being portrayed as "insignificant," in any sense of the word. He played a significant a role in the recent Civil War crossover and is currently joining (possibly leading) the Fantastic Four. That is insignificant?
>
> Really?
>
> I understand one's dislike can blind them to facts (as seen by everything you have ever written on this board). Maybe you need glasses. Black Panther is currently getting the biggest push in his entire existance. Could there be a better writer? sure. But let's not face pure facts. There is no question about the importance in the MArvel Universe that the Black PAnther is receiving today.
>
> P.S. Priest's run was only good for about the first 2 years. Golden frogs, Luke Cage still in a tiara, Black Goliath with the open chest costume, Hulk in da club, Ross, brain aneurysm, Happy Pants Panther, T'Challa in the Wild Wild West... Nope sorry, FOH!

Propaganda does not equal significance. By your acount then Venom was significant when he got his own series of miniseries, was in several crossovers, teamed up with several superheroes and was heavily promoted by Marvel. Yet, this is far from the truth Venom during such time was an insignificant background character that was deemed so by virtually everyone who rather instead liked the days when Venom was a bad guy. Sure Black Panther is receiving a heavy amount of propaganda but what has come of it, well absulotely nothing except a bit more sales. Black Panther during Hudlin's run has shown that he does not care at all about Captain America, a guy that during Priest's run Black Panther would be first in line to defend and save. I have yet to see Black Panther even attempt to save Spider-Man who is one of the few guys that could help Black Panther defeat Iron Man. If you call Black Panther standing by the sidelines doing nothing while Spider-Man is being hunted down and Captain America dies being significant then you need to get an eye exam. Propaganda does not automatically equal significance.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2021 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2021 Powermad Software