Dave Galanter
December 1st 1969 - December 12th 2020
He was loved.

Black Panther >> View Post
·
Post By
pantherlord

In Reply To
Yaw

Subj: Re: Sigh
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 at 12:58:17 am EST
Reply Subj: Re: Sigh
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 03:45:57 pm EST (Viewed 1 times)

Previous Post


> Propaganda does not equal significance. By your acount then Venom was significant when he got his own series of miniseries, was in several crossovers, teamed up with several superheroes and was heavily promoted by Marvel. Yet, this is far from the truth Venom during such time was an insignificant background character that was deemed so by virtually everyone who rather instead liked the days when Venom was a bad guy. Sure Black Panther is receiving a heavy amount of propaganda but what has come of it, well absulotely nothing except a bit more sales. Black Panther during Hudlin's run has shown that he does not care at all about Captain America, a guy that during Priest's run Black Panther would be first in line to defend and save. I have yet to see Black Panther even attempt to save Spider-Man who is one of the few guys that could help Black Panther defeat Iron Man. If you call Black Panther standing by the sidelines doing nothing while Spider-Man is being hunted down and Captain America dies being significant then you need to get an eye exam. Propaganda does not automatically equal significance.

The leaps in logic that you make never cease to astound me. I can't ever believe you are serious about the things you say. Captain America being shot by a sniper makes Black Panther insignificant? Spider-man needs to be saved by Black Panther? Huh, what? Black Panther needs Spider-man to defeat Iron Man? Are you seriously suggesting this?

I should make a post saying what you just said about Black Panther on another board. Unfortunately the anti-Hudlin hate here is too great for some of his detractors to point out are much nonsense what you just said is. At least Thatguy took you to task about the insignificant remark however I am not surprised that in someone else's response to your original thread, instead of confronting your claim, they used this opportunity to repeat ad nauseum how much they dislike Hudlin's work.

you must really not be reading Marvel comics to believe Black Panther or Wakanda is insignificant. Black Panther/Wakandan lore has been influential in comics outside of Black Panther as of recent.

To name a few:

FF4: The End
Agents of Atlas
Civil War

Please do everyone a favor and stop making posts, if your can't control your anger and hatred towards an author enough to use simple logic in your arguments.

Next you will say that Black Panther is insignificant because Aunt May got shot. =/



>
> > Propaganda does not equal significance. By your acount then Venom was significant when he got his own series of miniseries, was in several crossovers, teamed up with several superheroes and was heavily promoted by Marvel. Yet, this is far from the truth Venom during such time was an insignificant background character that was deemed so by virtually everyone who rather instead liked the days when Venom was a bad guy. Sure Black Panther is receiving a heavy amount of propaganda but what has come of it, well absulotely nothing except a bit more sales. Black Panther during Hudlin's run has shown that he does not care at all about Captain America, a guy that during Priest's run Black Panther would be first in line to defend and save. I have yet to see Black Panther even attempt to save Spider-Man who is one of the few guys that could help Black Panther defeat Iron Man. If you call Black Panther standing by the sidelines doing nothing while Spider-Man is being hunted down and Captain America dies being significant then you need to get an eye exam. Propaganda does not automatically equal significance.
>
> The leaps in logic that you make never cease to astound me. I can't ever believe you are serious about the things you say. Captain America being shot by a sniper makes Black Panther insignificant? Spider-man needs to be saved by Black Panther? Huh, what? Black Panther needs Spider-man to defeat Iron Man? Are you seriously suggesting this?
>
> I should make a post saying what you just said about Black Panther on another board. Unfortunately the anti-Hudlin hate here is too great for some of his detractors to point out are much nonsense what you just said is. At least Thatguy took you to task about the insignificant remark however I am not surprised that in someone else's response to your original thread, instead of confronting your claim, they used this opportunity to repeat ad nauseum how much they dislike Hudlin's work.
>
> you must really not be reading Marvel comics to believe Black Panther or Wakanda is insignificant. Black Panther/Wakandan lore has been influential in comics outside of Black Panther as of recent.
>
> To name a few:
>
> FF4: The End
> Agents of Atlas
> Civil War
>
> Please do everyone a favor and stop making posts, if your can't control your anger and hatred towards an author enough to use simple logic in your arguments.
>
> Next you will say that Black Panther is insignificant because Aunt May got shot. =/
>

Influential??? You call making a few guest appearances being influential?? Next you will say that the entire Civil War was about Wakanda.

Black Pantherand barely appeared in Civil War and he did nothing of importance other than beat an Iron Man robot of which Iron Man has armies of. I do not expect Black Panther to do anything under Hudlin, that is what is the problem.

I was merely stating that if Black Panther is going to be portrayed as an important character he needs to care about Captain America getting shot and Spider-Man being hunted as these characters are important to the Marvel Universe and are in the thick of things not just twidling their thumbs like Black Panther currently is. I take it to you Black Panther is an important character if he stays in Wakanda and does nothing of least importance during Hudlin's run but the rest of us expect something more form Black Panther than indecision and going on vacation around the world while everything goes to hell in the rest of the Marvel Universe.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2021 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2021 Powermad Software